HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We can't trade Redden

Old
12-19-2006, 09:37 PM
BigEyedPhish

vCash: 500
We can't trade Redden

After watching the game tonight and seeing how bad our defense is (with the exceptions of Priessing and Schuby) I see now that we cannot trade Redden because we need him too badly. I dont think we should have ever let Chara go we should have took a small gamble on hasek for the very small price tag he was asking and tried and kept both of them, but alas we cannot see the future so there is no reason to dwell on what should have been done.

I think there is going to be some changes whether minor or major coming up right after new years, lord knows we need something we cant go .500 and make the playoffs so we are going to have to bite the bullet and take a gamble and maybe it will pay off like Columbus.

We all know that our team ranks amongst the highest in the league in skill, but you cannot win on skill alone. What do you guys think needs to be done in order to change for the better?

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
bigray

Its obvious goaltending, coaching and defence the forwards are great!!!

bigray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
BigEyedPhish

3-4 of the goals tonight were from forward turnovers

Old
12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
bigray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensMitch04 View Post
3-4 of the goals tonight were from forward turnovers
where was the defence and goaltending to help out when that happens

Old
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Hindsight is 20/20 my friend.

A word of advice, forget about these ifs, what ifs, and's, or's or but's. We gotta work with what we have. We were a team loaded with top-end talent prior to the lockout and were lucky enough to have it still after the lockout for one season anyways. The cap was designed to bring parity(or mediocrity, however u wanna look at it) and the Sens are one of the teams that have felt it the most. Not because we were one of the big spending teams prior to the lockout but because we had great young talent on our team and it's left us because of the lower free agency age.

Have patience. There's still more than half the season left to play.

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray View Post
where was the defence and goaltending to help out when that happens
I don't think I've ever blocked a new person so quickly.

Oops.. just did

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I don't think I've ever blocked a new person so quickly.

Oops.. just did

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:56 PM
bigray

I hope your right but with a few of the key players gone like HOSSA, HAVLAT AND CHARA there just not a good team anymore we have to face it and work with what we have we had our just last year or 2 and blew it.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:59 PM
BigEyedPhish

I think we need a hard *** coach that screams and hollars at the top of his lungs even when the Sens are up 7-1. We are one of the youngest teams in the NHL, but with that youth comes ignorance and we need someone to set the kids in their place!

RAWR!!!

Old
12-19-2006, 10:00 PM
bigray

i totally agree with you

Old
12-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensMitch04 View Post
I think we need a hard *** coach that screams and hollars at the top of his lungs even when the Sens are up 7-1. We are one of the youngest teams in the NHL, but with that youth comes ignorance and we need someone to set the kids in their place!

RAWR!!!
Put me behind the bench.

I'll scream bloody murder and slap them upside the head if they don't cooperate.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 10:05 PM
BigEyedPhish

If I was murray I would have my own little water bottle saved in the corner filled with some jack and coke, just in case if its gonna be one of those nights.

Old
12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Air

Quote:
RAWR!!!
Why are you roaring? It's making me uncomfortable.

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 10:08 PM
bigray

or they should take some no xplode or ephedrine to get the players going

Old
12-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Air

Quote:
or they should take some no xplode or ephedrine to get the players going
Yes! Break out the drugs!

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 06:09 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray View Post
Its obvious goaltending, coaching and defence the forwards are great!!!

Muckler, Murray need to be let go.
I know there are a lot of Redden lovers on this forum, but he must be traded for a dman and a rugged LW to play with Heatley and Spezza. Kelley doesn't cut it.
Hamel and Mccamond are useless.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
Muckler, Murray need to be let go.
I know there are a lot of Redden lovers on this forum, but he must be traded for a dman and a rugged LW to play with Heatley and Spezza. Kelley doesn't cut it.
Hamel and Mccamond are useless.
I can't agree with getting rid of Redden

We are not solid defensively at this point. Getting scored on so much lately is pretty evident of that. Ie... When Razor is in nets

Corvo , I still like the guy, but he has to work out his defensive kinks.
Mesz and Anton are great.
Phillips, you know my stance there.

But honestly, we can't not have 1 great Dman.. And some of us really think Redden brings a lot.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I can't agree with getting rid of Redden

We are not solid defensively at this point. Getting scored on so much lately is pretty evident of that. Ie... When Razor is in nets

Corvo , I still like the guy, but he has to work out his defensive kinks.
Mesz and Anton are great.
Phillips, you know my stance there.

But honestly, we can't not have 1 great Dman.. And some of us really think Redden brings a lot.
There are times when a team has to make a big change. I know there are many people here who think Redden is the saviour, but have to get over it. The Bruins traded Thornton, Pronger left Edmonton etc etc. This team needs a big change if we are even going to make the playoffs. This is all I'm saying. We have sat and watched this team be dissapointment year after year in the playoffs. Now they are a dissapointment in the regular season. And I hopr you are using the word "great" loosely.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 09:08 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
There are times when a team has to make a big change. I know there are many people here who think Redden is the saviour, but have to get over it. The Bruins traded Thornton, Pronger left Edmonton etc etc. This team needs a big change if we are even going to make the playoffs. This is all I'm saying. We have sat and watched this team be dissapointment year after year in the playoffs. Now they are a dissapointment in the regular season. And I hopr you are using the word "great" loosely.
Well the rest of the hockey world thinks Redden is great.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
While I agree this team is at the point now where "a big change" may be required to get them out of their slump, I just don't know who should be moved and who would be available to come in here and pick this team up. I have mentioned that for both Gerber and Joseph who are both playing poorly that maybe a change would help both those players find their game and confidence with a new team. But I'm not so sure that Joseph would be the guy to improve this team, since Emery has played well and the team still plays poorly in front of him from time to time.

Redden's $6.5 Mil would probably get us a better player in the off season than the regular season, who gives up an elite player that is playing well during the season? A deal I would like to see for Redden might be for Jokinen who makes similar money and Martin likes Redden but does that move improve Florida? Not really. If we are going to move a defenceman my guess is that it might be Phillips who is UFA although most here want to keep him. Or Volchenkov who's value is quite high now and he is in a cotract year with some history of holding out, he may get moved to improve the forward lines and make it possible to re-sign Phillips but I would think that those are after season decisions. Galley seems to think there will be little change to this team except for a possible deadline deal, nothing major and then see what happens in the playoffs and re-build, if necessary.

As far as firing the coach! Murray is a very well respected hockey man, I believe he was brought in to eventually replace Muckler and because he is from the area retire here. I doubt he gets fired this year, but I do see the possiblity of Muckler resigning and Murray assuming both GM and coaching duties for the remanider of this year or next yr. While I would like to see Cunneyworth or Burns hired I think Murray is a loyal hockey guy who would likely either hire Paddock or Low to be the head coach or someone else he knows in hockey. Cameron too may get interviewed but I'm not sure he is ready for the NHL nor Carver.

I believe it is time for a big change and shakeup with this team but I'm not sure that this management is at that point just yet. Timing is usually tied to ticket sales and it may make more sense at the end of the yr than just before playoffs assuming this team makes the playoffs. Have a prosperous New Year everyone.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote