HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
GRETZKY_99

vCash: 500
Prospal

I don't know if I'm wrong, but it seems like Prospal is starting to play better and better for the last few games.. I think he is playing with more confidence, even though it doesn't translate that much on the score board... He is taking more shots and seems to be clicking with Richards lately, no ?

Do you guys still think he have to go, along with Fedotenko, or he will start to produce like he used to in the last three years ?

Old
12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Dolphinwave

What would Tampa Bay want from Montreal for Prospal?

Old
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I like Prospal, and he's reallllly picked it up over the past few games, but he's just not hitting the net. It's not too big of a deal since we're still scoring, but if he's not getting goals, I'd rather use him to bring in help on the D end.

Old
12-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Bolthed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinwave View Post
What would Tampa Bay want from Montreal for Prospal?
You might not like this answer, but I'd guess it would take either Ryder or Higgins.

Prospal has a very manageable contract, so the Lightning are in a position to trade him for someone younger AND cheaper without sacrificing too much production. Don't forget Prospal was a point-a-game player last year and his production is on its way back up this season.

Old
12-21-2006, 08:39 AM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

Going on your assessment of what it would take to get a deal done, Chris Campoli would be a suitable return for Prospal?

Old
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
Going on your assessment of what it would take to get a deal done, Chris Campoli would be a suitable return for Prospal?

No way Tampa gets Higgins for Prospal. I mean I would absolutely love if we could, but reality check, Higgins is touted as not only the next big Habs goal scorer and player in general, but also future captain in waiting.

Ryder would be a possibility but I don't know why Montreal would want to make a deal when they only have 8 losses on the season.

Old
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

Thats kinda of the tone I was going for. I can see sarcasm is not my strong suit.
I'm thinking that if the poster thought those players would do it a young player a step below Higgins but in line with Ryder would get it done.

The value is in the fact that Campoli is a cheap, young defenceman that put's up solid numbers, especially with many claiming the D to be Tampa's weekness.

Old
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Dolphinwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
You might not like this answer, but I'd guess it would take either Ryder or Higgins.

Prospal has a very manageable contract, so the Lightning are in a position to trade him for someone younger AND cheaper without sacrificing too much production. Don't forget Prospal was a point-a-game player last year and his production is on its way back up this season.
Thanks for the info, sadly I highly doubt Gainey would be ready to pay that much for the second center we need. Unloading one of our first liner to put on the second line is not really an upgrade unless the second line exploses and Latendresse gets promoted to first line duty with Saku and Higgins. Anyway thanks again.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
greekdrummer

Send a message via AIM to greekdrummer
prospal is a great player that is in a slump. he is a big asset to the team and i think he is good chemistry with richards, lecaviler, st louis.fedotenko is a good player he has just struggled the last 2 months. even with his slump, he mathematically has had decent numbers, almost what he has had this time in other seasons. both of these guys are great and it would be ashame to lose both becuase they both like the team and they can perform great.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
I like Prospal, and he's reallllly picked it up over the past few games, but he's just not hitting the net. It's not too big of a deal since we're still scoring, but if he's not getting goals, I'd rather use him to bring in help on the D end.
He isnt going to score many goals, he is a playmaker. He needs to play with guys that will finish his passing.

Old
01-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Unless Prospal starts playing with Lecavalier again, full time, hes not going to put up big numbers again(in Tampa).

Old
01-04-2007, 02:54 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post

Higgins, yes, Ryder, oh my God no.

It won't happen anyway but Michael Ryder is not very impressive at all this year. Higgins I'd take in a heartbeat but no way that deal gets done. Too much overpayment for a second line guy (when he is playing well).

Old
01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
Thats kinda of the tone I was going for. I can see sarcasm is not my strong suit.
I'm thinking that if the poster thought those players would do it a young player a step below Higgins but in line with Ryder would get it done.

The value is in the fact that Campoli is a cheap, young defenceman that put's up solid numbers, especially with many claiming the D to be Tampa's weekness.
Then it would take more than Campoli. I personally like the guy but I don't necessarily like Prospal going in return. We have cheap young defensemen and that ain't workin' for us.

Old
01-04-2007, 03:58 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Then it would take more than Campoli. I personally like the guy but I don't necessarily like Prospal going in return. We have cheap young defensemen and that ain't workin' for us.
They would work if they saw more ice time. Boyle can't it by himself.

Oh, oh, OH! The original topic. Sure Prospal is starting to wake up, but I still think he'd go...too little, too late in mgt's eyes.

Old
01-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Bolthed

Well, apparently Feaster wants a puck-moving defenseman. So maybe Campoli would work. Whatever he does, Feaster is holding his cards for too long ... he's just wasting whatever value Prospal had this season.

Old
01-07-2007, 08:09 PM
rmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Unless Prospal starts playing with Lecavalier again, full time, hes not going to put up big numbers again(in Tampa).

Agreed. It's a bit baffling why he's with Richards so often. They're both playmakers.

Old
01-16-2007, 08:32 AM
GRETZKY_99

Prospal has been very good lately..

I hope he keeps playing with Vinny L, they always played good together..

Closed Thread