HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What will happen to Begin ?

Old
12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
antidot

vCash: 500
we definitly are having a big good problem . And that's amazing to see that , after the black era we had .

Gainey is going to move , because now he has too much players . I am not sure of he will try to get a good player before the trade limit , or if he will choose to trade sooner , in the hope of building something solid betwen the team and the new arrival .

Another option is to trade for the future , because we have players that are ready to joine the team . So , why not knock at the door of an average team , to propose 1-2 players , for a promising player .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Pascal

Begin has to stay with the team, he is a great asset. People who say he should be out of the team because a rookie had 4 good games shouldn't call themselves habs fans. Begin has given his heart and soul (and body) to the habs for years now, and he is one of the leaders of the teams, and part of the reason our PK is great. He wears the CH on his heart.

Now he's suppose to get ridden of just like that?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:17 PM
MXD

Begin will be back on the 4th line.
And Lapierre will be the 1st call up if one of our D's gets injured.
And Latendresse won't play 82 games this year.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
In my heart

And in your brain?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
And in your brain?
What brain?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
The problem right now is that even with Murray AND Downey off the team, there is still no room for Lapierre in the line-up!

Koivu-Higgins-Ryder
Plekanec-Kovalev-Samsonov
Bonk-Johnson-Perezhogin
Begin-Streit-Latendresse

Souray-Rivet-Markov-Komisarek-Bouillon-Dandenault
Not saying he'll dress every night but once the Habs clear Murray & Downey they'll have room on the 23 man roster for him. They can't leave him in Hamilton after a performance like that!!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Unfortunately.

But without Pleks or Lapierre centering the 4th line, any combination that would see Murray or Bégin centering the 4th automatically means a much weaker line......Both guys are no centermen.....
Begin isn't going anywhere and I'd be surpised if either Murray or Downey are sent to Hamilton either. At this point the Habs are content to be a two line team.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
jcpenny

Streit will not stay at forward, i even think he should ply instead of Bouillon who's not having his best season o far...Bégin will be back to be a regular and will be part of our best 4th line in a long time when he will play with Latendresse and Lapierre. I cant wait to see that line.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

After thinking about this for a while today, I don't think Lapierre will end up with a roster spot unless someone is willing to give something up for Murray or Downey. I can't envision Gainey et al. letting either go for free, as they seem intent on keeping value.

Begin will have a roster spot. He's a regular contributor to the team, and has another year left on his contract. He'll stick on 4th line duty alongside Streit/Murray/Downey and Latendresse. This is the best problem a team can have, too much quality depth. Whether Lapierre is actually an upgrade over Begin we can't determine at this point, but I'm nearly giddy about the promise this team shows for this season and next.