HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is MB interested in Yakupov?

View Poll Results: Will MB call about Yak?
Yes 83 47.98%
No 90 52.02%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-12-2013, 08:18 AM
NateTheGr8

vCash: 500
Is MB interested in Yakupov?

Everyone knows how MB looks for "character" but Yaks skill is so high, he would be the winger we havent hand in ages.

He knows he is friends with Galchenyuk and they will play well together. Also he will be on a team with Markov and Emelin. All 3 of them will not make him want to go to mother russia to play in the KHL

NateTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Gary320

Montreal don't have the available assets to trade for him.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Don't think so.

I would though. It's not everyday that you get the chance to grab a first overall... but like you said, Bergevin and his character obsession and Therrien who likes to blame and bench kids our young player, it probably won't be a good fit for Yaks.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I sure hope so. Yakupov and Gally reunited would be amazing to watch. Give them Beaulieu a first and something else.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:24 AM
DAChampion

MB puts character first so I cannot see him going after Yakupov. He showed no interest in Jagr or Semin when they were available for free on the UFA market -- He was more interested in Shane Doan.

We also do not know Edmonton's asking price. Ignoring Bergevin, I would offer Bourque, Emelin, and a 1st.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:26 AM
LeMAD

We need dmen, not forwards.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:33 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
I'd say the contrary, the D is good, especially with Emelin back, we need goal scoring on forward.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vokiel
I hate blind shots

The org wouldn't have drafted him if Galch & Murray had been #1 & #2, so my guess is no he's not interested and specially not at the asking price .... Which is probably a reflection of what the Edmonton fans are asking for

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Uhh no? we don't need dmen? we need to get rid of dmen.

Subban, Markov, Emelin, Gorges are our top 4 for this year that doesn't need change. the 5th and 6th dmen can be filled by average dmen on low salary such as Bouillon, Diaz, Murray etc.. we're still trying to make room for Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, and Drewiske...

In terms of Yakupov.. we can use his scoring ability, but we would have to give back something Edmonton also needs and not necessarily things that don't hurt our roster (such as Beaulieu + 1st... will never work).

Fair deals can be:

Diaz + Eller for Yakupov

or

Diaz + Pacioretty for Yakupov

or

two 1st picks + Tinordi for Yakupov

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FinnHab

Hopefully not. Kid and Larionov seems to be poisonous combination. Edmonton is total mess and this drama with entitled kid is absolutely horrible addition.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Hopefully not. Kid and Larionov seems to be poisonous combination. Edmonton is total mess and this drama with entitled kid is absolutely horrible addition.
Imagine Edmonton with Seguin + Landeskog + R. Murray... daymmmmmmm

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Habskrieg

Is he interested in him? Sure. I think he'd like to acquire him. Yakupov would be one of many interesting assets that MB could consider trading for.

Is he actively trying to acquire him? No idea. Probably not.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Rosso Scuderia

I don't care what people say, the team that will land Yakupov will be very happy with him.

Oilers is a mess and they have tons of offense. Yakupov in order to play on the top 6 will probably have to outplay the Eberle, RNH, Hall, Perron defensively which won't happen. When he will join his new team, he will get every opportunities to produce and I'm sure that he will.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Smokey Thompson

Take a look at Yak's shift in the 3rd vs Florida with a 1 goal lead. 3 mistakes on the shift got him stapled to the bench for the last 8 minutes of the game.

If he's already disgruntled with Eakins, imagine what'll happen when Therrien calls him out in public. Larionov is supposedly unhappy with his usage because he's playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Where would he play if he were a Hab? We've already learned that breaking up the kid line at this point is not a good idea. He can't play on Pleks line because he's a black hole defensively. So he'd be playing on the 3rd / 4th line here also.

You can't deny his talent, and the Habs can use a pure sniper like him. But at this point he just isn't a fit. And who knows how much he'd cost.

Smokey Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:39 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Imagine Edmonton with Seguin + Landeskog + R. Murray... daymmmmmmm
I still draft Hall-RNH-Yak over those. Considering their drafting years, the Oilers have taken the best player every years, except maybe on 2012 Glach is leading the race now.

Old
11-12-2013, 08:40 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Take a look at Yak's shift in the 3rd vs Florida with a 1 goal lead. 3 mistakes on the shift got him stapled to the bench for the last 8 minutes of the game.

If he's already disgruntled with Eakins, imagine what'll happen when Therrien calls him out in public. Larionov is supposedly unhappy with his usage because he's playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Where would he play if he were a Hab? We've already learned that breaking up the kid line at this point is not a good idea. He can't play on Pleks line because he's a black hole defensively. So he'd be playing on the 3rd / 4th line here also.

You can't deny his talent, and the Habs can use a pure sniper like him. But at this point he just isn't a fit. And who knows how much he'd cost.
Yeah Therrien calls his player in public, he's done that a lot since he bacame HC.

Old
11-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I still draft Hall-RNH-Yak over those. Considering their drafting years, the Oilers have taken the best player every years, except maybe on 2012 Glach is leading the race now.
If they had drafted Seguin-Landeskog- Gally that would have been a much more balanced team then they have now. Seguin would be pure offense, gally would be well gally and Landeskog would be an awesome PWF winger. Better than Hall IMO.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:50 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
I'd say the contrary, the D is good, especially with Emelin back, we need goal scoring on forward.
Completely agree with you. We have one if the best defensive teams and the numbers show it. Wwe can't buy a goal most games. The fact we can't come back in 3rd periods is the most telling while we still don't have a regulation loss after leading for 2 periods.

Yakopov has game breaker potential if used correctly and in the right system. The Habs fast paced, high pressure system based on speed may be just what the doctor ordered. Add that with playing with Galchenyuk and we could have one of the most dynamic offensive lines for years to come between Yakopov Galchenyuk Gallagher. That line would give opponents fits for a long time and give us some serious scoring depth.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
If they had drafted Seguin-Landeskog- Gally that would have been a much more balanced team then they have now. Seguin would be pure offense, gally would be well gally and Landeskog would be an awesome PWF winger. Better than Hall IMO.
I'd have gone with Hall and Landeskog. Hall is one of the best wingers in the game.

Nuge is a good center but Landeskog is a natural leader and plays with much more intensity than Nuge. He's also stronger and more versatile than Nuge.

Smokey Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Sure, but with those players they get better high-end talent, in the end they only have to acquire a supporting cast instead of having to acquire 1st liners, Hall is much better than Landeskog i believe.

Old
11-12-2013, 08:54 AM
DenverHabsFan

Man, I thought the Habs forum had the most negative threads until I checked out the Oilers.

Funny thing is, their Yakupov thread has comments that sound a lot like our complains about how MT uses PK.

To be honest, the Oilers are probably the team I follow the least out West so I don't know how Yakupov is developing so I think it's hard to assess his value in a trade.

However, I can predict with certainty, as is always the case with all trade rumors and proposals from Habs fans, we are grossly overestimating his value on the market. My guess is they get a couple of scrubs if they trade him and this board goes crazy with talk of firing MB.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:59 AM
otto bond

interested? I would hope, but to make a trade for him, I dough it.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:01 AM
poetryinmotion

It's going to make me sad to see him go to an other team. I truly believe he would flourish here.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Devourers

Quote:
Yeah Therrien calls his player in public, he's done that a lot since he bacame HC.
I don't see how this is sarcasm, he calls out Subban routinely.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourers View Post
I don't see how this is sarcasm, he calls out Subban routinely.
This is getting out of hand.