HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2013, 07:26 PM
  #401
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I didn't see the game. That's awesome. Hope he does more of that.
Was very happy to see that. And to the non-Ranger fan that is always posting here, Kreider will have no problem backing that hit up to Scootie Upshall. Nonstop complaining around here about the lack of sticking up for teammates someone steps up and there's still complaining. Unreal.

E-Train is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
  #402
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
It has been such a transformation that you wonder exactly what facilitated it.

I don't think I've ever seen a player turn the corner so quickly.
It's been awesome to watch. Night and day.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
  #403
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Was very happy to see that. And to the non-Ranger fan that is always posting here, Kreider will have no problem backing that hit up to Scootie Upshall. Nonstop complaining around here about the lack of sticking up for teammates someone steps up and there's still complaining. Unreal.
Welcome to HFNYR. Enjoy your stay.

The only warranted complaint is the timing, other than that, a strong hockey play.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM
  #404
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
It has been such a transformation that you wonder exactly what facilitated it.

I don't think I've ever seen a player turn the corner so quickly.
Hopefully it's not a situation where he will revert back just as quickly.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 08:10 PM
  #405
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,869
vCash: 500
My favorite part of the gif is Stepan's reaction.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 12:17 AM
  #406
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
It has been such a transformation that you wonder exactly what facilitated it.

I don't think I've ever seen a player turn the corner so quickly.
I'm sure it's a question that will have a better answer over time, but we can speculate a bit in the meantime.

Maybe not making the team out of camp made him finally connect to the notion that he needed to change his game to a simpler, more physical, north / south game.

It's all there on the first goal last night. It was a thing of absolute beauty. Kreider starts it by using size and strength to easily lift Upshall's stick. This allows Miller to easily take it away. Kreider then just as easily is able to keep up with the play and drives towards the front of the net. He finishes off a nice passing sequence by feeding a wide open Miller.

Speed, strength, skill, and size. It's all on display now. Which is exactly what all of us were waiting to see on consistent basis.

Pizza is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 06:42 AM
  #407
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Kreider shoved Upshall. Larry Brooks was calling for a suspension and all of the other "reporters" took their cue from him. These are the same guys who went ******* when Nash wasn't suspended for hitting Kopecky last season. Some moron from the Buffalo News Mike Harrington wrote the NHL wanted the Rangers to make the playoffs so Nash was not suspended. He forgot to mention Hagelin and Prust were suspended during the 2012 PLAYOFFS.

I saw Shanahan on NHL Live with EJ Hradek and Steve Mears. The NHL had already released a video explaining their decision on Nash but that wasn't enough. Shanahan brought some clips of Kopecky getting hit in a similar fashion with his helmet always popping off. He needs to tighten his chinstrap. The helmet flying off the player's head makes the head seem worse. Head wasn't the principal point of contact.

Pacioretty shoved McDonagh last season. He hit him from the side with McD facing the boards. No suspension. If that wasn't a suspension,the Kreider play wasn't a suspension.

These guys who are paid to cover the league don't know the rules. Zipay and Carp didn't think it was suspension worthy. Carp liked how Kreider played that situation.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 08:52 AM
  #408
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,895
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider shoved Upshall. Larry Brooks was calling for a suspension
Was he really calling for a suspension? I recall him mentioning the hit might be looked at by the league. And in that case, Brooks was right. Penalties and what's looked and what earns a suspension is way too arbitrary.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
  #409
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,930
vCash: 500
Theres a double-standard at play here.

Kreider's shove was dirty and dangerous. Personally, I dont care about that. I care much more about how dumb it was given the situation in the game.

But heres all you have to do -- picture what you'd be saying if, say, an unsuspecting Zuccarello was the one pasted into the boards like that. Most Ranger fans would be calling for the perp to be banned from the league. Double standard.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:13 AM
  #410
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Theres a double-standard at play here.

Kreider's shove was dirty and dangerous. Personally, I dont care about that. I care much more about how dumb it was given the situation in the game.

But heres all you have to do -- picture what you'd be saying if, say, an unsuspecting Zuccarello was the one pasted into the boards like that. Most Ranger fans would be calling for the perp to be banned from the league. Double standard.
Actually, at least half the posters here would be complaining that no one came to Zucc's aid. And would like to see the exact response Kreider gave.

jas is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:20 AM
  #411
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Actually, at least half the posters here would be complaining that no one came to Zucc's aid. And would like to see the exact response Kreider gave.
Thats just scurrying further down the rabbit hole.

Im just presenting a simple role reversal. The victim of that hit is Mats Zuccarello and not Scottie Upshall. What do posters think about it then?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
  #412
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats just scurrying further down the rabbit hole.

Im just presenting a simple role reversal. The victim of that hit is Mats Zuccarello and not Scottie Upshall. What do posters think about it then?
Depends.

If it's Scottie Upshall delivering the hit on a completely unsuspecting Zucc, who had been doing nothing wrong prior to the play, then I say "he's a ****ing ******* and needs to be suspended because history has shown that he's a dirty player and he was probably trying to injure Zucc."

If it's Jonathan Huberdeau and Zucc (completely out of character) was crosschecking Bjugstad immediately prior to the play, then I say, "eh, he certainly picked the wrong time in the game and he hit Zucc harder than he realized when Zucc was a little too close to the boards. I understand why he did it and I don't think it was a dirty play. Thanks for the PP."

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
  #413
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
If it was Zucc getting hit, I'd just want someone to beat the other guy's ass. Not be whining for a suspension. Wasn't a head shot, wasn't from behind, etc. No suspension. Would like to see someone stick up for the teammate if it was Zucc on the receiving end, but that's about it.

But yeah. Want to see more of that from Kreider.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:54 AM
  #414
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If it was Zucc getting hit, I'd just want someone to beat the other guy's ass. Not be whining for a suspension. Wasn't a head shot, wasn't from behind, etc. No suspension. Would like to see someone stick up for the teammate if it was Zucc on the receiving end, but that's about it.

But yeah. Want to see more of that from Kreider.
I dont think it was suspension worthy, but I do think it was a dirty, nasty play. Anyone insisting it wasnt is out to lunch.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 09:55 AM
  #415
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont think it was suspension worthy, but I do think it was a dirty, nasty play. Anyone insisting it wasnt is out to lunch.
It was. And I want to see more of that from this team. Other teams do it to us game in, game out. About time we added some nastiness.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 10:29 AM
  #416
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
I agree with Stepan 100%
Quote:
“Absolutely he was protecting me,” Stepan told The Post following practice. “I know Chris as a person and as a player, and that was his thought process.

“Obviously I think he understands that there’s a time and a place for that, and that wasn’t the right situation for it. I give him a lot of credit for wanting to stand up for me the way he did, but going about it the right way is another thing.

“Chris is going through the process of finding his way in this league. There’s a learning curve and he’s going through that,” said Stepan. “But his heart is in the right place and so are his intentions. It’s good to know you have a teammate like that who is going to stand up for you.”

Kwayry is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
  #417
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,713
vCash: 500
Yep, Step said it best.

'finding his way in this league...'

You have to give this kid some kind of leash, i'd rather him skirt the line then be timid, we've seen enough of that over the years.

It's been awhile since the forward ranks had some legitimate snarl, and its still thin, but Kreider playing like a bull in a china shop would not be the worst thing that ever happened.

Nash is concussed, telling the rest of the league to layoff our top forwards might not be the worst idea.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 10:48 AM
  #418
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yep, Step said it best.

'finding his way in this league...'

You have to give this kid some kind of leash, i'd rather him skirt the line then be timid, we've seen enough of that over the years.

It's been awhile since the forward ranks had some legitimate snarl, and its still thin, but Kreider playing like a bull in a china shop would not be the worst thing that ever happened.

Nash is concussed, telling the rest of the league to layoff our top forwards might not be the worst idea.

i wonder how Nash feels though.. how would you feel that one of your teammates stuck up for a teammate on your team but at the time when Nash got hit by a cheapshot, no one did anything?? i hope this does not cause problems in the locker room..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 10:56 AM
  #419
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
I love Kreider I just wanna hug him

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
  #420
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yep, Step said it best.

'finding his way in this league...'

You have to give this kid some kind of leash, i'd rather him skirt the line then be timid, we've seen enough of that over the years.

It's been awhile since the forward ranks had some legitimate snarl, and its still thin, but Kreider playing like a bull in a china shop would not be the worst thing that ever happened.

Nash is concussed, telling the rest of the league to layoff our top forwards might not be the worst idea.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

McRanger is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
  #421
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Can someone PLEASE put "B****" in meme letters right when Kreider pushes Upshall? obviously without the censorship.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:19 AM
  #422
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Pretty dirty hit.

That being said... it would be great to have some skill combined with snarl on this squad. If other teams feared Kreider for his scoring, his speed, his size AND his nasty streak... it would be a huge benefit.

It's a path he'll have to be careful about going down.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  #423
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,930
vCash: 500
I have to be honest. I think the majority of this board is making this whole thing much bigger than it is in an effort to praise Kreider for something that, at its core, was very stupid.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:26 AM
  #424
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Gonna be a huge disappointment for the Kreider-lovers if he gets manhandled in a fight

Anyway, that move was nothing but stupid, considering the state of the game. Hopefully he has learned to use his head before he acts, the reactions would be quite different if the opponent scored.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 11:36 AM
  #425
Ragnarok14
Registered User
 
Ragnarok14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i wonder how Nash feels though.. how would you feel that one of your teammates stuck up for a teammate on your team but at the time when Nash got hit by a cheapshot, no one did anything?? i hope this does not cause problems in the locker room..
Well, the beast-kreider wasn't there so yeah...
Haha

Ragnarok14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.