HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 08:37 AM
David3750

vCash: 500
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

That being the case, it's time to bring back Ted Nolan. We all know that financially, it can't happen; we all know that under the present regime of Quinn/Regier, it won't happen; we all know that, as fans, it should happen. Does bringing back Nolan guarantee instant success? Of course not. Does it guarantee renewed fan interest and, more importantly, hope for the future? Possibly. Bite the bullet, Mr. Golisano, and just do it. Please, just do it!

Old
01-21-2004, 08:58 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
we all know that, as fans, it should happen.
Count this fan as one that knows that it shouldn't happen.

Although, getting Ted back would require Regier and Quinn getting fired, so maybe it is a good idea..........

Old
01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3750
That being the case, it's time to bring back Ted Nolan. We all know that financially, it can't happen; we all know that under the present regime of Quinn/Regier, it won't happen; we all know that, as fans, it should happen. Does bringing back Nolan guarantee instant success? Of course not. Does it guarantee renewed fan interest and, more importantly, hope for the future? Possibly. Bite the bullet, Mr. Golisano, and just do it. Please, just do it!
You would make a move on a coach who can't win 40% of his games without Hasek? A coach who drew less people than the Sabres did last year?

Winning, my ass. Renewed interest, my ass. The only thing that will go up with Nolan hired is Kool Aid sales. And I wouldn't drink it, if I were you.

Old
01-21-2004, 01:40 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
You would make a move on a coach who can't win 40% of his games without Hasek? A coach who drew less people than the Sabres did last year?

Winning, my ass. Renewed interest, my ass. The only thing that will go up with Nolan hired is Kool Aid sales. And I wouldn't drink it, if I were you.

You put it succinctly, LALA.

BTW, David3750, you didn't happen to come here from the Sabres.com board, did you?

Old
01-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Atma

Send a message via Yahoo to Atma
If I had a quarter for every time I heard someone really, genuinely believe that Ted Nolan is the Sabres answer to the problems we're having, then I'd have quite a bit of money on me right now.

Closed Thread