HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2013, 06:53 AM
  #126
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,250
vCash: 500
Kind of funny that after the LA win, Trotz said we needed to fix the defense, well how'd that go?

Trotz made his defensive changes, and now once again, we can't score.

this is not the system Arnott and Kariya played in.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:56 AM
  #127
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
What irritates me is Trotz wants all of his offensive talent to be a "two way" player ie as good on defense as offense. Yet he does not want to have his defensive plugs to become better on offense.


Last edited by Gnashville: 11-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:32 AM
  #128
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
How about we stumble our way to the basement with the understanding that Poile and Trotz are relieved of their duties at the end if the season. Honestly, we must be having trouble selling tickets, the FO keeps running all these deals. Starting to annoy me since I have committed for a full and a half season ticket.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:04 AM
  #129
Montross
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
How about we stumble our way to the basement with the understanding that Poile and Trotz are relieved of their duties at the end if the season. Honestly, we must be having trouble selling tickets, the FO keeps running all these deals. Starting to annoy me since I have committed for a full and a half season ticket.
IMO Trotz is done here. Before the offseason I would have thought Poile was safe...but I had real reservations with the signings of Cullen, Nystrom, and Hendricks (as many others did). They have proven the naysayers right so far. Also, the lack of getting any decent vet back up to Rinne especially with him coming back from major hip surgery was (and it seems now is) a huge mistake.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
  #130
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
When you spend as much as we did in free agency this offseason with little to show for it it makes you wonder why we signed the guys we did. Nystrom has been a big surprise but the other three have been useless any way you look at it. I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.

I want to wake up tomorrow to a world where the only Shea Weber is an angry Shea Weber. Him playing with a level head is boring. Get mad. Get angry. Your teammates will follow. I want a team with an edge. Our grinders are lame. They hit but they don't HIT. I want fun games to watch. Can Gaustad be any more awkward when he skates?

Do something different. Get back to being Smashville. Anything but the same drivel I've had to watch the last few nights.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:58 PM
  #131
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.


Do something different. Get back to being Smashville. Anything but the same drivel I've had to watch the last few nights.

This is perfect for me. This is where I am.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:00 PM
  #132
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
carter hutton
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.58.19 PM.png‎ (108.0 KB, 15 views)

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:05 PM
  #133
gratefulpred
Thread Killer
 
gratefulpred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Almo Heights, KY
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
How about we stumble our way to the basement with the understanding that Poile and Trotz are relieved of their duties at the end if the season. Honestly, we must be having trouble selling tickets, the FO keeps running all these deals. Starting to annoy me since I have committed for a full and a half season ticket.
My wife is starting to ride me pretty good about our plan and saying who cares about the freebies, let's just wait for the buy one get one free tickets next year. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't deals. Soon as out attendance goes in the tank, I can already hear the we are relocating to (Anywhere not in the South) City.

Still have faith, still love my Preds but I am very close to wanting a coaching change and rebuild for Christmas.

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:34 PM
  #134
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Soon as out attendance goes in the tank, I can already hear the we are relocating to (Anywhere not in the South) City.
Why? Only on here and in Canada's biased media. Maybe the owners need to be hit in the pockets a little to see that a coaching change needs to happen.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:43 PM
  #135
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
carter hutton
keep em coming lol

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:51 PM
  #136
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 50
I think part of it goes back to doing nothing (or going backwards) in the off-season.
Get back to "Preds Hockey / Hard to Play Against"

Nystrom (5 points in 17 GP)
Cullen (4 points in 17 GP)
Gaustad (3 points in 17 GP)
Spaling (3 points in 13 GP)
Hendricks (1 point in 14 GP)
Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

That's half the offense and we're simply not going to score 50% of the time.
Our Top-6 are second liners at best.
Not a playoff team, even with Rinne.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:41 PM
  #137
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
I think part of it goes back to doing nothing (or going backwards) in the off-season.
Get back to "Preds Hockey / Hard to Play Against"

Nystrom (5 points in 17 GP)
Cullen (4 points in 17 GP)
Gaustad (3 points in 17 GP)
Spaling (3 points in 13 GP)
Hendricks (1 point in 14 GP)
Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

That's half the offense and we're simply not going to score 50% of the time.
Our Top-6 are second liners at best.
Not a playoff team, even with Rinne.
Sad thing is Nystrom is the only one scoring about what his career average is.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 07:11 PM
  #138
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
We're gonna tank this season, and when we get that number one overall draft pick... Poile's gonna draft a freakin' GOALTENDER or something.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 07:41 PM
  #139
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
Hopefully he isn't our GM come draft time

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
  #140
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
I'm going to murder whoever botched Pekka's surgery. Are we offensively challenged? Yes. But there is NO replacing the difference he makes when he's in net. Even if it's just the belief that there's room for error, he makes a difference. The guys can say anything they want but there's no confidence in the goaltending right now. Pekka wins games for us through the course of a season when our offense isn't clicking. Since he's been out, I'm not sure that's happened one single time.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:21 PM
  #141
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Life has gotten in the way and I've (mercifully) missed all of the last three games. What's the issue? Lack of talent? Lack of system? Lack of effort?

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:25 PM
  #142
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Life has gotten in the way and I've (mercifully) missed all of the last three games. What's the issue? Lack of talent? Lack of system? Lack of effort?
I know there's more to the game than goaltending, but that's my biggest complaint. It's been as unreliable as I've seen in years. Think Mason last year caused nervousness? Ha......

With that said, we've been okay at creating offensive possession and chances, but just can't capitalize. Nothing shocking.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:38 PM
  #143
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,416
vCash: 500
We're currently in a three-way tie for fifth in the division. Dallas is idle tonight and moves ahead of us on games in hand. If Winnipeg gets a point against Detroit tonight (currently 1-1 halfway through the third), we'll be last in the division. We have the worst scoring offense in the West BY FAR, and our scoring defense is third-worst.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:41 PM
  #144
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
We're currently in a three-way tie for fifth in the division. Dallas is idle tonight and moves ahead of us on games in hand. If Winnipeg gets a point against Detroit tonight (currently 1-1 halfway through the third), we'll be last in the division. We have the worst scoring offense in the West BY FAR, and our scoring defense is third-worst.
The frustrating thing is that the team remains in the hunt and has shown it is capable of much better play than we've seen in the past three games.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:02 PM
  #145
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,747
vCash: 500
steamroller.jpg



Next 6 games

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:11 PM
  #146
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
When you spend as much as we did in free agency this offseason with little to show for it it makes you wonder why we signed the guys we did. Nystrom has been a big surprise but the other three have been useless any way you look at it. I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.

I want to wake up tomorrow to a world where the only Shea Weber is an angry Shea Weber. Him playing with a level head is boring. Get mad. Get angry. Your teammates will follow. I want a team with an edge. Our grinders are lame. They hit but they don't HIT. I want fun games to watch. Can Gaustad be any more awkward when he skates?

Do something different. Get back to being Smashville. Anything but the same drivel I've had to watch the last few nights.
Amen!!! A world where the only Shea is Angry Shea is the kind of world I want to live in!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:35 AM
  #147
Montross
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The frustrating thing is that the team remains in the hunt and has shown it is capable of much better play than we've seen in the past three games.
Capable of better play? What game did this team play that showed you they can play good hockey?

10/22 - shutout by the Wild
10/24 - squeaked out a SO win against mighty Winnipeg
10/26 - blown out by St. Louis
10/31 - choked away a huge lead and lost via SO to Phoenix
11/2 - squeaked out a win vs. LA
11/6 - decent win. CO still got 4 goals on them
11/8 - blown out and shut out by Winnipeg
11/10 - blown out and shut out by NJ
11/12 - very nearly shut out for the 3rd straight game by NYI

So I disagree that this team is capable of better play that what we are seeing. This team is what it is.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
  #148
Montross
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
I think part of it goes back to doing nothing (or going backwards) in the off-season.
Get back to "Preds Hockey / Hard to Play Against"

Nystrom (5 points in 17 GP)
Cullen (4 points in 17 GP)
Gaustad (3 points in 17 GP)
Spaling (3 points in 13 GP)
Hendricks (1 point in 14 GP)
Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

That's half the offense and we're simply not going to score 50% of the time.
Our Top-6 are second liners at best.
Not a playoff team, even with Rinne.
Grabovski, who this team could have picked up for no assets, only has 17 pts through 19 games. But hey we have Matt Cullen!

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:20 AM
  #149
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Grabovski, who this team could have picked up for no assets, only has 17 pts through 19 games. But hey we have Matt Cullen!
Yeah, i am sure Grabovski was sleeping with his phone under the pillow waiting for Poile to call. They have to want to play here first.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:32 AM
  #150
Montross
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Yeah, i am sure Grabovski was sleeping with his phone under the pillow waiting for Poile to call. They have to want to play here first.
He had a valid contract. You think Weber wants to play here? Yet they matched that horrific offer sheet. Grabbo would have gotten paid here if Poile would have picked him up - he would not have had the choice.

If premier forwards won't sign here as UFAs, then you have to use what methods you can to get one - be it trade/waivers/etc.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.