HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Old
11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
I hate shot blocking crap.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Only a matter of time before Girardi's ape mentality of "Dan see shot, Dan jump at shot" cost us a game.
G blocked the shot but mactruck missed his check and they scored , Mac truck played 25 Minutes I blame him more than any one as he is suppose to be our best d

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Rangers did their part by battling back twice to tie the game. The PP didn't convert but it came down to Brodeur outplaying Lundqvist.

Rangers are 0-3 against the Devils and Flyers but 5-0 against the rest of the division.

Whatever. Devils suck and have no future. No 1st rounder either. They'll be watching the playoffs from their couches.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Pump it up Puempel!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You're kidding i hope. Because if you knew a thing about hockey then you'd know that was a product of a terrible read by McDonagh late in a game. He should've been backing up to have an even 2-on-2.

They lost due to a terrible pass by Mashinter, a bad read by McDonagh then a bad goal by Henrik, and another bad read by McDonagh.

They are a better team than the Devils.
Crucify 3 guys to excuse Girardi's cave hockey. Typical.

#FreeClendening #FreeMcDonagh
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Our Powerplay Sucks again !!!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Completely undeserved loss thanks to an atrocious icing call where the PUCK was ahead of the red line, and an "injury" that took a breakaway away from the Rangers.

Devils had the game handed to them.
Ah yes almost forgot this... Brass would have had a breakaway goal.... I thought the rule was you werent supposed to blow the play dead if the opposing team had a scoring chance

TheTakedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
NickyFotiu

We were not our best tonight but it was still a winnable game. Every team will lose once in a while. We were not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. Lets just go out and win the next 3-5 and start another streak.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Hank was great outside of that putrid second goal. Brodeur was terrible on the Rangers first goal too.

Brodeur was the difference for sure, but Hank was very good.
I agree, I was speaking specific to the second goal. All the Hank bashing in here for him playing poorly the whole game, which is a terrible thing to say and just wrong, are the haters coming out of the woodwork. SnowblindNYR, especially.

eyjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:52 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Come on, man. If anything they can thank the hockey gods for some ridiculously good luck.
Linesmen hockey gods?

That ****ing icing...since I've become a Panthers fan, I've seen the refs completely screw our team out of at least 3 playoffs years, TONIGHT (that icing??? really????) was one of THE worst ****ing screwjobs I have ever seen.

THEIR player gets hurt, so blow OUR breakaway dead????

Fair loss my ass.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:52 PM
GFiP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
The Rangers had 5 PPs. The refs were not the problem.
Don't care if they had 20. If you're going to blow whistles for pucks to faces, you better do it both ways.

GFiP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR

Most frustrating game I've seen in quite some time. SO formulaic. Scrubs scoring lucky ****ing goals? Check. Lundqvist giving up a softie late in the period? Check. Every little, minuscule play bouncing in favor of the Debbies? Check. Don't understand how they lost that game. Awful.

The peformance in the game overall from the Rangers wasn't poor at all. They were the better team. They need to win their two games this weekend. **** losing to this team though. Seriously. Now I have to hear about how amazing a team that's 6-12 is.

Kahuna Nanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

The Rangers looked like they were a million times better than the Devils but our greatest goalie in the game was Brodeur's *****.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl*

shouldnt the last goal have been blowed dead as soon as it hit girardi?

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Only a matter of time before Girardi's ape mentality of "Dan see shot, Dan jump at shot" cost us a game.
Learn defense. The fact that people are really blaming G for that last goal is ridiculous. ****ing use your eyes. McDonagh missed his coverage entering the zone. That led to a 2 on 1. Girardi played the 2 on 1 about as well as he could have. McDonagh, out of position, fails to get back to his man. Girardi goes down, blocks the shot. Girardi doesn't block it back toward the front of the net, but AWAY from the net; but the shot bounces off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net.

So, explain how any of that is G's fault. McDonagh doesn't miss his coverage initially leading to the 2on1 and none of that even happens. No 2 on 1. No block. No deflection (off McD) back to the front of the net.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
Come on don't blame the refs or God, blame the Rangers and give credit to the winner. Glad to see the Manimal get a couple points.

aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
Don't care if they had 20. If you're going to blow whistles for pucks to faces, you better do it both ways.
I would have understood if there was some blood on the ice, but there wasn't..and he came back to play.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Why is everyone blaming Girardi on the 3rd goal like it's purely his fault? Did everyone miss McDonagh staring into space in the neutral zone?

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
Most frustrating game I've seen in quite some time. SO formulaic. Scrubs scoring lucky ****ing goals? Check. Lundqvist giving up a softie late in the period? Check. Every little, minuscule play bouncing in favor of the Debbies? Check. Don't understand how they lost that game. Awful.

The peformance in the game overall from the Rangers wasn't poor at all. They were the better team. They need to win their two games this weekend. **** losing to this team though. Seriously. Now I have to hear about how amazing a team that's 6-12 is.
Basically what I came here to say.

Dorado*

Girardi lack of foot speed in today's NHL and NYR system is starting to show .that third goal against was bad puck luck .
Can't go forward and waste 4-5 m in cap on G . Have to sell him he would be a commodity in same vein as Roscival was last season to a REAL contender that could use veteran RH d man with play off chops . Sell him high at the deadline .
Otherwise pretty happy with battle level of NYR tonight they lack finish and MDZ is horrible on his R side .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post

Yep. Just a completely deflating loss. Awful.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Am I the only one who thinks John Moore sucks? I haven't seen him play a good game in like a month. It is mind bottling that people are willing to trade MDZ, because he now have John Moore.

Hope McIlrath is ready soon.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gary laser eyes
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 983
Hybrid icing sucks.

gary laser eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Machinehead
Pump it up Puempel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Learn defense. The fact that people are really blaming G for that last goal is ridiculous. ****ing use your eyes. McDonagh missed his coverage entering the zone. That led to a 2 on 1. Girardi played the 2 on 1 about as well as he could have. McDonagh, out of position, fails to get back to his man. Girardi goes down, blocks the shot. Girardi doesn't block it back toward the front of the net, but AWAY from the net; but the shot bounces off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net.

So, explain how any of that is G's fault. McDonagh doesn't miss his coverage initially leading to the 2on1 and none of that even happens. No 2 on 1. No block. No deflection (off McD) back to the front of the net.
McDonagh came back and forced the guy into the slot on his backhand where all he could do was force a weak shot into Lundqvist pads. Then Girardi happened.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl*

did ron just call zubrus a game breaking player?

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ragnarok14

Girardi Has to be better on that game winner. He basically dropped deuces all over the bedspread. Turns his back on Zubrus and let's him bang it in.
I have to say the linesmen were AWFUL all game and severely impacted the game. I am still confused as to what exactly they were doing , but not as connfused as they were apparently!

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote