HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 19: Preds @ Islanders 6:00 PM: "Gangs of Nashville Edition"

Old
11-12-2013, 09:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
People want to change our goal song? This should be it.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Preds fall to the Islanders 3-1. Glass half full - we scored a goal.
preds Facebook status update. 5/5 stars

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:44 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

A note of explanation:

This sequence (between the goal scored by Gabby Bourque in Colorado and Horny's goal on the Island) was a total of 174:23. It is the longest scoreless sequence in a single season in franchise history.

However, there was one that was even longer - and it lasted two seasons. At the end of the 2003 season (you who were around that can remember cringe at the thought), Scott Hartnell scored a goal in the Fangtastic Fanale against the Ducks, at 14:58 of the second period. (I was in attendance for that game.) Phoenix and Dallas shut us out to end the season with a 149:09 scoreless streak. The following year, during the season opener against Anaheim, Andreas Johansson finally broke the scoring drought by notching the first goal of the game at 5:18 of the 2nd period. This made for a combined scoreless streak of 174:27 between the two seasons.

And, as I pointed out elsewhere, Nashville went 538 days between goals (though only 89:02 in game time) when the Preds were shutout in the final four periods of the 2004 playoffs, and didn't score until 8:24 into the 2005-06 season.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
preds Facebook status update. 5/5 stars
Lots of quality replies to that too.

"Well played. I mean this status update, not the game"

"Glass 25% full"

"We should be the Nashville Prey"

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Woohoo we scored a goal! What a softie it was too

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

We need Fisher back. We need consistent offensive pressure from multiple lines, although the Stalberg/Spaling/Wilson line has been noticeable lately. We need solid defensive play like we've become accustomed to in seasons past. We need to stop with the asinine penalties (Legwand).

Those are all doable with the current roster. It takes the coaches and players go get on the same sheet of music and give their all ... something that from an outside perspective doesn't appear to be a common event lately.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:51 PM
AEM6729

That Dora video saved this night. Well done!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:25 AM
PFL615

You know it's getting embarrassing when the teams facebook page ran by ?? calls out the teams offense.

Hornqvist goal was pure luck he shot it right at the goalie and it happened to go right through the 5 hole.

This team looks dead and i firmly believe it all started against the Jets after Trotz I'm sure blasted them for being to aggressive and trying to score instead of realizing starting Hutton was a mistake.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:46 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
You know it's getting embarrassing when the teams facebook page ran by ?? calls out the teams offense.

Hornqvist goal was pure luck he shot it right at the goalie and it happened to go right through the 5 hole.

This team looks dead and i firmly believe it all started against the Jets after Trotz I'm sure blasted them for being to aggressive and trying to score instead of realizing starting Hutton was a mistake.
fully agree.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:52 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD.

The Nashville Predators set the franchise record for longest scoreless streak, in terms of minutes, last night (November 12, 2013) against the New York Islanders. The goal scored by Patric Hornqvist at 14:30 of the 3rd period ended a scoreless stretch of 174 minutes and 48 seconds – just a shade over five minutes short of three complete games without a goal. The goal was a relief for the team and its fans, despite being in a losing cause – but it brings up a question: when exactly did the team set the record?

There's no doubt that, when Nashville failed to score in the first six and a half minutes of the third period that they were closing in on the record. But that's where things get a bit murky. As it turns out, the Predators have had four other scoreless streaks of 160 or more minutes (the equivalent of eight consecutive periods without scoring a goal). And, depending on your definition, two of them could have been the record.

The first time that Nashville went goalless over 160 minutes was back in November of 2000. After David Legwand scored a goal just four seconds before the halfway point of an eventual 6-3 loss to Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena on November 20, Nashville went into a tailspin. Chris Osgood shut the Preds down the rest of the game as the Wings scored three unanswered goals to win, 6-3. Two nights later, Eddie Belfour and the Stars shutout the Preds, 1-0, at home. Then, two nights after that, Roman Turek and the Blues shut out Nashville for the second straight night – making for a scoreless streak of over 150 minutes. Arturs Irbe and Carolina held the Preds off the scoresheet for the first 10 minutes of their game in Raleigh, but Randy Robitaille finally broke through and scored at the 10:58 mark of the period to end a drought of 161:02.

This goal lit up a seven goal binge against the 'Canes, where the Preds won 7-4. After a 6-1 drubbing of Calgary at home, and a 3-0 shutout of the Hawks at the UC, the Preds lost two straight – one at home to Chicago, 2-1, and one on the road at Vancouver, 6-3. Legwand scored a goal to tie the game at 3 with 1:35 remaining in the second period.

The Predators did not score again until six days and three games later, when Scott Walker (the hockey player, not the governor) scored at 5:09 gone in the 2nd period against Minnesota. This was sandwiched in between shutouts by Sami Salo at Edmonton and Mike Vernon at Calgary, which produced a shutout sequence of 166:44. In a period of just over 595 minutes, the Preds had scored 20 goals – but had produced two of the longest scoreless streaks in franchise history.

There are two other long scoreless streaks in Preds history, but they both have asterisks behind them. The one we may remember, because it happened recently, was the infamous shutout streak surrounding game four of the 2012 Western Conference Semis against Phoenix. After losing the first two games, Nashville managed to pull out game 3 at home with a shutout win by Pekka Rinne. Mike Fisher scored an insurance marker a minute and 16 seconds after Legwand had buried the eventual game winner early in the first period.

Mike Smith didn't allow another goal to the Preds until 14:01 in the third period of game five, when Colin Wilson scored to make it a 2-1 game. After the scoreless streak of 164:45 ended, Smith shut down Nashville the rest of the way to end Nashville's season – and send Alexander Radulov back to Russia.

That stretch is still the longest scoreless streak in Predators playoff history. However, there is one other streak that is considered the longest in franchise history – but it occurred over two seasons.

Flash back to the end of the 2003 season. That was the year that saw the Playoff Pledge, Poile trading away Mike Dunham to the Rangers, and an absolutely horrid (2-10-8) start to the season. Unfortunately, after David Legwand went down with an injury against Chicago on March 1st, the Preds went into a tailspin, finishing with a 1-10-7 record. The last home game (the "Fangtastic Fanale") was against Anaheim, and with just 5:02 left in the second period, Scott Hartnell scored to tie the game at 1-1. The Ducks won the game in overtime when Steve Thomas scored with 53 seconds left in the extra period.

The Predators were then shutout by Phoenix (Burke) and Dallas (Turco), ending the season with a shutout sequence of 149:09. Unfortunately, Nashville didn't score in the first period of their season opener against Anaheim. It took Andreas Johansson scoring 5:18 into the 2nd to break the scoreless streak, which had reached a total of 174:27. This was (until yesterday) the longest consecutive scoreless streak in franchise history.

As an aside: I attended the Fangtastic Fanale that year, and I remember three things about that game. First, it was almost a microcosm of the entire season in that one game – getting behind early, working so hard through the middle to get back into the game, then losing in the closing seconds. Second, it was the first time I ever got the chance to meet Paul Kariya, and got his autograph to boot. Third – and this was the saddest, in retrospect – it was the last time I ever saw Karlis Skrastins.

So, if you reckon that a scoreless streak is only valid over a single season, then the Preds broke the record at the 8:04 mark of the third period against the Isles. If you reckon that it is simply consecutive regular season games, then they broke it a mere 21 seconds before Hornqvist scored in the third period.

If, however, you reckon scoreless streaks by number of days between goals, then there is a record that will hopefully never be matched by the Preds anytime soon. After the late Sergei Zholtok scored the lone tally for the Preds in game five of their first-ever playoff series on April 15, 2004, Curtis Joseph and the Red Wings shut the Preds down for the remainder of the game – and the next game, ending Nashville's season.

It wouldn't be until October 5, 2005 – 538 days after Zholtok had scored for Nashville – that Scott Walker would score the first goal of the 2005-06 season for the Preds against San Jose. Though it was only 89:02 in actual game time, it was the longest calendar time between Predators goals in franchise history.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:20 AM
glenngineer

So my original post was lost so I'll sum it up, this team sucks. No heart. No will to battle. Free agent signings outside of Nystrom have been busts. No one sticks up for Hornqvist while he gets destroyed night after night. Trotz can't figure out line combos that will work. Goalie was not an issue at all tonight, guys playing with any sort of heart was. We're reaching for pucks instead of skating to them and fighting for them.

First thing I'd do if I ever took over this team, call two former players, Chris Pronger and Keith Tkachuk. I'd have Pronger sit with Weber and teach him it's ok to be mean every second he's on the ice. I'd let Tkachuk sit with Wilson and let him know it's ok to use his large frame and play with an edge. I hated Tkachuk but respected him as a player because he got under your skin and did his job. I never hated Pronger, just marveled at how good a gangly player could be so good and so mean all at the same time.

I'd tell my team any time our guys are getting face washed in front of the net, you come and support them. Hornqvist gets cross checked in to the net and no one does anything. Then as he's skating to the bench Clutterbuck gives him an earful and Legwand goes to protect him? Where is anyone else? Why did Cal not get leveled later in the game by our "sandpaper" guys? It's absolutely pathetic that we have "grinders" that are invisible. I'm sure someone will come on here and say, look at the stats, these guys hit. I'll say stats are great but watch the game and if anyone can tell me about a hit that Goose or Hendricks laid in the last few games that was memorable that would be a miracle. Spaling hit someone harder than those guys last night. Heck, even Josi hit some guys harder than Weber. Play with some freaking fire. Have some pride for the name of the team on the front of your jerseys.

I will say this, last night was not on Mazanec at all. He played well for the most part. Our guys came out flat and stayed that way until 55 minutes into the game. Then all of a sudden we had some jump. Oh, and can someone tell me this, we get a PP with a little over 2 minutes left in the game, pull the goalie, have a 2 man advantage yet NY was winning battles in the corner and getting scoring opportunities on an open net? How does that happen? How can 6 guys not beat 4 guys to the puck? When are we going to learn to put a guy in front of the net at all times on the PP? When are we going to win some board battles?

Heads should roll for this abysmal stretch. If someone uses the excuse of Rinne's out I'll tell you I'm tired of the excuses. Everything I talked about in this post has nothing to do with goalie play but team play. 18 skaters didn't show up tonight. 18 did for the Islanders. We looked like a pee wee team against these guys. Trotz has done a nice job here over the years but this roster is not being maximized whatsoever. This team has no identity. We are too nice out there. Finish checks. Make people pay when they make a pass or have the puck. Don't ease up on the other team. I knew there were problems earlier in the trip when we blew 2 goal leads in three straight games and it was covered up by the fact that we got 5 out of 6 points. These issues existed before this losing streak. We're lucky to have gotten any points on this trip to be perfectly honest and if Poile doesn't see it then he needs to go too. I hope ownership is sitting in a meeting right now deciding what to do and I've never been a fan of wanting to see this team lose games but I hope Pittsburgh and Chicago destroy us so that we can get a new voice behind the bench.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
hockey diva

Totally agree glen! This team is playing like they did last season, no heart no will, nothing. I put some blame on Shea as well. I have never liked him as captain. He doesn't want to be here. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Do you think he would be this passive if he was playing in a big market like Detroit or Vancouver? He doesn't care and is not going to exert any more effort than he has to. He is still getting his money.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:39 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Totally agree glen! This team is playing like they did last season, no heart no will, nothing. I put some blame on Shea as well. I have never liked him as captain. He doesn't want to be here. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Do you think he would be this passive if he was playing in a big market like Detroit or Vancouver? He doesn't care and is not going to exert any more effort than he has to. He is still getting his money.
I know they have told him to keep his cool on the ice so he won't take stupid penalties but in doing so they have removed any and all emotion from his game which is stupid. An angry Weber is a great Weber.

Old
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So my original post was lost so I'll sum it up, this team sucks. No heart. No will to battle. Free agent signings outside of Nystrom have been busts. No one sticks up for Hornqvist while he gets destroyed night after night. Trotz can't figure out line combos that will work. Goalie was not an issue at all tonight, guys playing with any sort of heart was. We're reaching for pucks instead of skating to them and fighting for them.

First thing I'd do if I ever took over this team, call two former players, Chris Pronger and Keith Tkachuk. I'd have Pronger sit with Weber and teach him it's ok to be mean every second he's on the ice. I'd let Tkachuk sit with Wilson and let him know it's ok to use his large frame and play with an edge. I hated Tkachuk but respected him as a player because he got under your skin and did his job. I never hated Pronger, just marveled at how good a gangly player could be so good and so mean all at the same time.

I'd tell my team any time our guys are getting face washed in front of the net, you come and support them. Hornqvist gets cross checked in to the net and no one does anything. Then as he's skating to the bench Clutterbuck gives him an earful and Legwand goes to protect him? Where is anyone else? Why did Cal not get leveled later in the game by our "sandpaper" guys? It's absolutely pathetic that we have "grinders" that are invisible. I'm sure someone will come on here and say, look at the stats, these guys hit. I'll say stats are great but watch the game and if anyone can tell me about a hit that Goose or Hendricks laid in the last few games that was memorable that would be a miracle. Spaling hit someone harder than those guys last night. Heck, even Josi hit some guys harder than Weber. Play with some freaking fire. Have some pride for the name of the team on the front of your jerseys.

I will say this, last night was not on Mazanec at all. He played well for the most part. Our guys came out flat and stayed that way until 55 minutes into the game. Then all of a sudden we had some jump. Oh, and can someone tell me this, we get a PP with a little over 2 minutes left in the game, pull the goalie, have a 2 man advantage yet NY was winning battles in the corner and getting scoring opportunities on an open net? How does that happen? How can 6 guys not beat 4 guys to the puck? When are we going to learn to put a guy in front of the net at all times on the PP? When are we going to win some board battles?

Heads should roll for this abysmal stretch. If someone uses the excuse of Rinne's out I'll tell you I'm tired of the excuses. Everything I talked about in this post has nothing to do with goalie play but team play. 18 skaters didn't show up tonight. 18 did for the Islanders. We looked like a pee wee team against these guys. Trotz has done a nice job here over the years but this roster is not being maximized whatsoever. This team has no identity. We are too nice out there. Finish checks. Make people pay when they make a pass or have the puck. Don't ease up on the other team. I knew there were problems earlier in the trip when we blew 2 goal leads in three straight games and it was covered up by the fact that we got 5 out of 6 points. These issues existed before this losing streak. We're lucky to have gotten any points on this trip to be perfectly honest and if Poile doesn't see it then he needs to go too. I hope ownership is sitting in a meeting right now deciding what to do and I've never been a fan of wanting to see this team lose games but I hope Pittsburgh and Chicago destroy us so that we can get a new voice behind the bench.
I couldn't have said it better.

This team is soft as Charmin extra soft.

I do think Stalberg is coming around to be a nice signing. Once he has beem put on a proper line he has been effective and you actually notice him during the game.

I am coming to the conclusion that we do have a talented team that can compete with anyone. The problem is glaring that this team is not motivated and running on auto. Scared to have fun and just play the game they played their entire life in fear of getting 5 min of ice time dumping the puck andand changing lines.

I've seen it many times in my life and coach Trotz has lost this team. These next to games could be the best thing thing that could have ever happened to this team. I'm telling you Saturday is going to be bad. I hope owners attend the game and get a first hand look at the massacre.

Old
predfan98

agree with both of you!

but not about stahlberg

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:42 AM
glenngineer

Just a stat from last night, Weber with almost 27 minutes of ice time, no shots on goal and no hits.

Karlsson in Ottawa had about 21 minutes but had 3 hits. That is crazy to me. Karlsson hitting someone and doing it more than Weber in a game?

Old
11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I couldn't have said it better.

This team is soft as Charmin extra soft.

I do think Stalberg is coming around to be a nice signing. Once he has beem put on a proper line he has been effective and you actually notice him during the game.

I am coming to the conclusion that we do have a talented team that can compete with anyone. The problem is glaring that this team is not motivated and running on auto. Scared to have fun and just play the game they played their entire life in fear of getting 5 min of ice time dumping the puck andand changing lines.

I've seen it many times in my life and coach Trotz has lost this team. These next to games could be the best thing thing that could have ever happened to this team. I'm telling you Saturday is going to be bad. I hope owners attend the game and get a first hand look at the massacre.
But we added the grit and sandpaper that was necessary in the offseason.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:

This is exactly how I feel. Right now, I wish we would just tank. The core of this squad is rotten with redundancy. My brother and I have been saying for years that Hornqvist is going to stop going to the net because no one stands up for him. When I played in college, I even had more back up than Horny... IN A BEER AND PRETZEL LEAGUE. Come on guys grow some balls and protect your teammate. I blame the captain more than anyone for this. Weber only lives up to his true potential as a player when he gets angry, and frankly, he only seems to get angry when something personally happens to him rather than to his teammates. I like Weber, but as a captain, you have to give more. He isn't doing that right now. Also, we aren't tougher to play against this year. These grinders we got aren't doing their job. The scorers aren't doing their job. Who is in control of the locker room?

The players aren't playing the system or have lost faith in the system and either one of these conclusions does not bode well for no neck. This isn't just about not having faith in the guy between the pipes, this is a wholesale collapse of a roster that was poorly designed and mismanaged. Trotz sending down Forsberg was the most idiotic idea made so far this year. So idiotic, we are 0-6-1 without him in the lineup. The kid busts his but every night and is the most talented forward we have, yet gets linemates like Goose and Spaling. Come on man. How is Forsberg supposed to mature into the player we need him to be if he isn't getting those minutes? Trotz can't seem to find a good line combination outside of Legwand, Wilson, Hornqvist and even that one is hit or miss. It's time for Trotz to get the hell out of here.

But in reality, this all comes down to Poile. The contracts we signed this offseason are proving to not only be laboriously long and expensive, but also ill-advised personnel decisions. The fact Poile was willing to blow all that cash on third line talent and spend hardly anything on a back up net minder tells me everything I need to know about the old man's judgement. Myself and a few others warned about Poile's active offseason and were shot down. Looks like we were right all along. Poile never should've traded Franson. Should've traded Ellis. I keep watching Franson and wishing we had kept him all along. He is rounding out his game into a complete player, something Ellis will never be able to do due to size and strength limitations.

At the end of the day, we need fresh blood in this organization. We need to get rid of Trotz and Poile and rebuild. Dump guys like Cullen, Hendricks, Gaustad, Spaling, and Legwand at the deadline (if anyone will take them). If not, scratch them and let the young guys play. Watson, Beck, Borque, Forsberg all need to be playing over these guys. Heck, when the NHL expands next year, we will just drop these guys onto their rosters thanks to the draft.

I don't care if we tank and end up last in the West this year. Better to take our bruises now and get a new, dynamic direction than to continue floundering around in mediocrity.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:

Although I've been very critical of the goaltending (Hutton moreso than Mazanec last night), I agree with this post. I feel like it's a lot easier to play our game when we have a safety net like Rinne back there but it doesn't take away from the fact that we look like a purely dysfunctional team. No point in trying to lay it out there because you already did. But with that said, I'm still not sure Trotz will be gone, no matter how badly we lose over the weekend. We'll obviously get crushed Friday and Saturday will be 65% Hawks fans so we might as well just blast their goal horn when they score since ours won't be used but I'm still not convinced there will be a change. It'll be the typical excuse-laden reason to "stay the course" and get back to "The Predator Way". The reason for not changing things up this time is the Rinne injury. Which of course, sort of makes sense seeing as how "The Predator Way" is heavily reliant on world-class goalies making us look like a team that knows what it's doing.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:53 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Although I've been very critical of the goaltending (Hutton moreso than Mazanec last night), I agree with this post. I feel like it's a lot easier to play our game when we have a safety net like Rinne back there but it doesn't take away from the fact that we look like a purely dysfunctional team. No point in trying to lay it out there because you already did. But with that said, I'm still not sure Trotz will be gone, no matter how badly we lose over the weekend. We'll obviously get crushed Friday and Saturday will be 65% Hawks fans so we might as well just blast their goal horn when they score since ours won't be used but I'm still not convinced there will be a change. It'll be the typical excuse-laden reason to "stay the course" and get back to "The Predator Way". The reason for not changing things up this time is the Rinne injury. Which of course, sort of makes sense seeing as how "The Predator Way" is heavily reliant on world-class goalies making us look like a team that knows what it's doing.
What good was it going to do FF to either be scratched or play 6 min a game with Hendricks and Clune?
It was actually good for FF if you calm down and look at the bigger picture. He got 3 games and major time in over the weekend.

Everyone keeps pointing at Weber and i agree. Weber cannot be on the ice to hold Horny by his hand every second. How about Horny man up and push back on his own.
Most of the forwards just stand there and let people push on them. Have you ever noticed how many times a Preds body is laying on the ice near the goal during a scoring chance? In the same way do you ever notice how other teams run into and slash are goalie constantly on their scoring chances?
This team is as soft as a described before. The WHOLE team besides Clune who doesn't play half the time.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:55 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
And that's what I'm afraid of. Excuses. Every time this team can't achieve something there is an excuse. Well this player got hurt or there was a bad call or they were a better team than us. At some point to use Trotz's own words, players and coaches need to be held accountable and since Cigarran took over as the voice of the franchise, I think the leash will be a lot shorter than most think. You can't tell me that Housley wasn't brought in as a wake up call to Trotz. And like you and I have said, you can only blame so much on the goalie. Last night we got our butts handed to us and I think it could've been worse if Mazanec hadn't made some nice saves. The 18 guys in front of him did not help him at all and that's the crux of the problem, the skaters. Sure goalies give up bad goals and teams get deflated but your leaders pick the team up and do something to change the momentum of the game. Instead of getting down, these guys need to step up and take a hit to make a play or hit someone to get the team energized. Clune tried last night with his fight. Hornqvist tried by running his mouth and getting clocked consistently.

At some point excuses are just that, excuses. There needs to be accountability and until someone upstairs or behind the bench realizes this, nothing will change. Yeah, it sucks we lost Rinne but there is enough veteran leadership for this not to happen yet it is.

The "Predator Way" was also 60 minutes of hustle every night, every shift and that did not happen at all. Also, you need to lay the body on the other team to let them know you're there. It is a contact sport. And can anyone tell me why our guys get pushed around in front of the other teams net and we stand still when guys get in our goalies face? It's nice Weber didn't have to go at Janssen the other night but still, the guy's whacking away at Hutton and he gets a little push and that's it. Hornqvist gets near a goalie and he's getting cross checked, face washed and beaten to death and we stand there and either watch or don't dole it out to the other team. You don't have to goon it up but you also have to stand up for yourselves and your teammates.

No excuses. No excuses. No excuses. I hope Cigarran and his bunch are chewing someone out or are getting ready to pull the trigger on someone. They didn't get here by being soft or passive, at some point they want to see the money they're spending is money well spent and it sure doesn't look like it at this point.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
PFL615

Quote:
But we added the grit and sandpaper that was necessary in the offseason.
They must think grit and sandpaper is ala vera commonly added to toiletries.

Old
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
bloggerfanthe*

Looking for some info on last nights game. How did Mazanec and Beck play? More interested on Beck.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerfanthe View Post
Looking for some info on last nights game. How did Mazanec and Beck play? More interested on Beck.
Mazanec had a rough first then played somewhat better. Beck was for the most part invisable as was the rest of the players that were supposed to be offense.

a couple interesting notes

NYI have the worst PK in the league right now. Yet this tam could not come close to a goal on the PP.

Giving the Isles 6 chances on the PP with questionable goalie situation is troubling. If they go to the box 6 times against the Pens theres a good chance that hey will have 1 goals put on them. The next few games may epic ugly.

Last edited by Byrddog: 11-13-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:01 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Mazanec had a rough first then played somewhat better. Beck was for the most part invisable as was the rest of the players that were supposed to be offense.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote