HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

Old
11-13-2013, 01:43 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Or he ****s things up like the last time he waltzed into a good team.

We'll see.
Yeah, Nash is the reason the team regressed last year. What a ridiculous implication.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:15 AM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
So...lundqvist looked like something was bothering him all night tonight. He kept bending and stretching.Looked like his back from what i saw. Did anything get mentioned on the broadcast?
i dont know about all night but he got hit with a rising shot in the 3rd that looks like it hurt him.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:56 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Henrik got a stinger on the Carter shot in the 3rd. He will be fine.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
Yeah, Nash is the reason the team regressed last year. What a ridiculous implication.
He changed the entire dynamic of the team. Thats undeniable. Youve perpetually shown an inability to think outside the box. It goes beyond "Nash is good, he makes the team better."

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
He changed the entire dynamic of the team. Thats undeniable. Youve perpetually shown an inability to think outside the box. It goes beyond "Nash is good, he makes the team better."
You've perpetually shown an inability to understand basic truths. Nash and Stepan carried a team that underperformed. Half the roster was useless and the players tuned the coach out, yet who was still capable of producing at cost to a PPG? It was already a bad team and it had nothing to do with Nash.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
No, Rick Nash didn't change anything. Rick Nash didn't make the team bad. Maybe the trade had a sincere effect on the team, or just maybe it was a lot more than one trade. All signs point to several potential reasons the team regressed.

I'm not sure how you can even half-heartedly believe inserting Rick Nash in to this line-up doesn't instantly make them deeper and more offensively dynamic. You either believe Rick Nash is cursed or them chemistry of the team is so fraile that inserting a new player in the line-up will implode the whole thing. Well in that case I sure do hope Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch Saturday because otherwise we're back to square one.

11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Yeah it was Nash and his PPG offense and not the fact that our 2 best forwards from 11-12 were ass last year. You know despite all of your negativity I thought you had some common sense, guess not.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:08 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'm weary of Nash returning, honestly.

Right now this team is clicking and scoring on beautiful 4 man passing plays. They're actually being creative as a team. Once Nash comes back I feel like the philosophy is gonna go back to "give Nash the puck and watch".
That's one of the reasons I want him with Brassard. The top 2 lines are clicking and even even the philosophy will be "give Nash the puck and watch", sure beats "Pouliot and Brassard do nothing on the 3rd line". The 3rd line can't get any worse. The top 2 lines won't get hurt by Nash on the 3rd line.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
No, Rick Nash didn't change anything. Rick Nash didn't make the team bad. Maybe the trade had a sincere effect on the team, or just maybe it was a lot more than one trade. All signs point to several potential reasons the team regressed.

I'm not sure how you can even half-heartedly believe inserting Rick Nash in to this line-up doesn't instantly make them deeper and more offensively dynamic. You either believe Rick Nash is cursed or them chemistry of the team is so fraile that inserting a new player in the line-up will implode the whole thing. Well in that case I sure do hope Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch Saturday because otherwise we're back to square one.

Nash's talent is undeniable. He is a special player. Im just not a huge fan of his game, primarily because it is so individualistic.

Did he carry a relatively poor team last season offensively? Yes. Shall we gloss over that a big reason why that team was poor compared to '11-12 is because of the Rick Nash trade? I wont.

But more importantly, his game has no many warts from being on a perpetual loser for so long, that I cant view him as some sort of go-to guy. He is a magician when hes 1 on 1 on the rush. The rest of his game? Meh. I worry about how this team will react when he comes back because there was an overwhelming tendency last season to just watch Nash operate.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You've perpetually shown an inability to understand basic truths. Nash and Stepan carried a team that underperformed. Half the roster was useless and the players tuned the coach out, yet who was still capable of producing at cost to a PPG? It was already a bad team and it had nothing to do with Nash.
LOL. Guess the trade for Nash had nothing to do with it. Keep dreamin' Babs.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:20 AM
OverTheCap

It will be interesting to see how Nash plays when he returns.

With Richards playing better this year, and now Zucc and Kreider are more involved in the passing game, there is less of a need for Nash to try to do everything by himself. I know he's a guy that likes to have the puck but he may need to trust his teammates more. Our zone entry has improved so hopefully we won't see Nash trying to deke out 2-3 defenders only to turnover the puck.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:22 AM
gmerger37

Quote:
Nash's talent is undeniable. He is a special player. Im just not a huge fan of his game, primarily because it is so individualistic.

Did he carry a relatively poor team last season offensively? Yes. Shall we gloss over that a big reason why that team was poor compared to '11-12 is because of the Rick Nash trade? I wont.

But more importantly, his game has no many warts from being on a perpetual loser for so long, that I cant view him as some sort of go-to guy. He is a magician when hes 1 on 1 on the rush. The rest of his game? Meh. I worry about how this team will react when he comes back because there was an overwhelming tendency last season to just watch Nash operate.
So Dubinsky's 2 goals and 20 points and Arties 11 goals and 18 points were really missed that much compared to Nash's 21 goals and 42 points?

I don't think the Nash traded was a big reason why we were so poor, but maybe the lack of a real training camp and a shortened season had more to do with it considering how Torts coached us to success the year before.

gmerger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
So Dubinsky's 2 goals and 20 points and Arties 11 goals and 18 points were really missed that much compared to Nash's 21 goals and 42 points?

I don't think the Nash traded was a big reason why we were so poor, but maybe the lack of a real training camp and a shortened season had more to do with it considering how Torts coached us to success the year before.
I dont think you understand that theres far more to the game than points.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
It didn't. The trade for Nash didn't have anything to do with Richards not working out in the summer. Gaborik being invisible. Staal missing half a season. Lundqvist underperforming at times, and several other players being mediocre for stretches.

I know it's easier to live in a bubble where your false perception of reality makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. But if you want the truth is right in front if you, go ahead accept it, it might sting at first, but I promise it won't hurt anything but your pride.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:25 AM
gmerger37

Quote:
I dont think you understand that theres far more to the game than points.
No I understand it completely, but clearly the stats donít support your belief regarding the nash trade so what does? Is it the almighty intangibles argument?

I understand logic isn't your strong suit so please, enlighten me.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:26 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
The Nash trade making the team worse (which is debatable but possible) and Nash, the player making the team worse is two different things.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The Nash trade making the team worse (which is debatable but possible) and Nash, the player making the team worse is two different things.
Not in the land of strawmen.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:28 AM
SnowblindNYR

Guys, remember this is not Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks. If Nash is put on a line with Brassard and he becomes a puck hog the problem will only be limited to that line, the other 2 lines won't have a problem. Puck hog or not, I can't imagine that line being worse.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 643
Quote:
It's not Nash's fault Gaborik and Richards simultaneously became useless. Which is why the team **** the bed. If they actually hockey'd we'd have been much more successful last year.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
And here comes Rick Nash in a yellow non-contact jersey.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...67758423064576

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Dom Moore also on the ice for full #NYR practice. He's skated as a d-man before in recover from oblique. He's skating as a forward today.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...68519269806080

Moore is playing Saturday.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Looks like Nash should return in a few weeks if he's starting to practice with the team tomorrow.

Can we stop with everyone posting they heard from nash's landlord that he's out till 2017 stuff now?
My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate met a guy at a Taco stand who saw Rick Nash ordering a chicken burrito 4 days ago so he'll be back in 7-10 days.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
gmerger37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Who sits? Mash, Poulliout, or Miller?

Old
11-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
My guess is Mashinter... he's absolutely brutal. I'd actually rather see Asham or even Powe in a minor 4th line roll if pushed to it bc of injuries.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
hopefully Mash and Pouliot and use with 7 dman.. Bickel 2.0 i mean Falk needs to play.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote