HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 to Bishop's pads in OT.

Old
11-13-2013, 05:03 AM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Good thing we don't have to worry about that with Emelin back on the weekend. However, if someone else comes out for Bouillon I will seriously snap.

ps. You can't possibly think Bouillon is a better option over Beaulieu or Tinordi? Bouillon is done, plain done. He needs to retire.
Emelin will need probably a good five games to get back to normal so don't expect a miracle in his first game.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:42 AM
MontrealFans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Dont snap. Its only a game.

Bouillon, right now, is better than Beaulieu and Tinordi. Tinordi has serious issues with puck handling when pressured on the boards. Beaulieu is not quite there either.

Next year. And I agree, I am ready for Emelin to come back. Murray and Bouillon can split time. And even Diaz can take a break on occasion.
Now I dont know why but I do recall a lot of times bouillon playing with these two and panicking and just throwing an absolute horrible pass over to these two who then in turn panicked as the puck was in their skates. I get they are young and prone to these things, but bouillon is not the guy you want to have rookies playing with ever ever ever talk about punching any confidence right out of them.

So far what they have learned playing with bouillon is any and all mistakes will result in pretty much a goal as your defensive partner is bouillon and will not bail you out

MontrealFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:00 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
Plekanec was flying tonight and our pk was very good. The EGG line was solid, had a good amount of chances. The goalies were just very good on both sides.
Plekanec was invisible.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Honestly, this team's defense is ****ing terrible. Markov and Subban are the only ones who are capable of making a pass or doing anything. Gorges, Diaz, Bouillon and Murray handle the puck like it's a hand grenade and couldn't make a breakout pass if their life depended on it. And the turnovers...

The defense's inability to move the puck is killing our offense and has destroyed any type of transition game.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Thanks for posting all those videos, Fred!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
May Collberg save us all.

lul wut? Thanks for setting the bar really high, that'll insure his success

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:10 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Daniel Briere tip in goal 1-1

Gee, look who hustled down low and created the turnover after we lost the faceoff. Fantastic play by Bourque.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:14 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
lul wut? Thanks for setting the bar really high, that'll insure his success
Collberg is great in the shootouts.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Honestly, this team's defense is ****ing terrible. Markov and Subban are the only ones who are capable of making a pass or doing anything. Gorges, Diaz, Bouillon and Murray handle the puck like it's a hand grenade and couldn't make a breakout pass if their life depended on it. And the turnovers...

The defense's inability to move the puck is killing our offense and has destroyed any type of transition game.
It is a problem, I wonder how long it will take for Therrien to realize this. It's great that they block a lot of shots but if they have a good transition game, they wouldn't need to sacrifice their body like that.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:17 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Tampa had a gameplan: Keep them to the outside, play physical and don't give them any room. Starting to notice physical players have great games against habs. Headman played like a beast last night.

Therrien didn't adjust and habs got ran over.

Rebuilding problems.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Fun nerd number of the night:

Habs Corsi with Subban: +13
Habs Corsi without Subban: -28

Basically, Subban (and to a lesser extent Markov) were the offense today.

The centers were actually decent but couldn't sustain anything, but the only winger to really show life outside the EGG line was...Gionta, and the bottom 4 on the blueline was putrid. The 4th line was still not at all good, even without Parros making it terribad.
I thought Subban was good. And why he wasn't out in the OT instead of Diaz when we were shorthanded is another mystery that I'll never understand.

All that ice and you don't want PK out there? Just... baffling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Some of you people go too far. Jeez.
Somebody said something positive about Price after last night's game?

Quick! You'd better rush over and tell them not to overdo it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Hmm, Briere hasn't had a good start to the season but he's been better than DD. His goal was a result of him going to the net, something Desharnais has not done.
I don't think this is fair. DD has struggled but he's had a couple of good games. The effort is there I just don't think he's very good and he's completely lost all confidence in himself.

Props to Briere for scoring for us though. I didn't think he played well but he went to the net and got rewarded for it. I don't care if it went off his knee, it went in the net and that's all that matters. Go to the net and stuff like that happens.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 11-13-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
It is a problem, I wonder how long it will take for Therrien to realize this. It's great that they block a lot of shots but if they have a good transition game, they wouldn't need to sacrifice their body like that.
I wonder if it's as much of Therrien's strategy to simply play defense like that or if the team is forced into it because of the limitations the defense has?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Znthnk

I believe a large part of the problem is Therrien. Last year, I was impressed by his ability to adapt. Now I feel he becomes too married to his gameplan and doesn't adapt it to the players available in his roster. For example:

- Playing the 4th line late in a close game when it's clear they are struggling defensively.

- Taking Bourneval away from Plek, EVEN AFTER that line scored a PP goal against the Isles. I'm afraid Plek and MaxPac don't have good chemistry and only in the third did it dawn on him to put Bourney back with Plek.

- Not giving DD a proper chance with MaxPac. They only played together one period while MaxPac was shaking off rust.

- Not giving a small center TWO BIG WINGERS. He saw evidence of this when both Briere and DD were moved to two different lines after insisting for too long to play them together and they performed afterward when surrounded by size.

- Separating Markov and Subban outside the PP. I think this is handcuffing PK's game, as he would play best with a defensive D 5 on 5.

I could go on.. I've not been impressed by Therrien's work this year.

Znthnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post
I believe a large part of the problem is Therrien. Last year, I was impressed by his ability to adapt. Now I feel he becomes too married to his gameplan and doesn't adapt it to the players available in his roster. For example:

- Playing the 4th line late in a close game when it's clear they are struggling defensively.

- Taking Bourneval away from Plek, EVEN AFTER that line scored a PP goal against the Isles. I'm afraid Plek and MaxPac don't have good chemistry and only in the third did it dawn on him to put Bourney back with Plek.

- Not giving DD a proper chance with MaxPac. They only played together one period while MaxPac was shaking off rust.

- Not giving a small center TWO BIG WINGERS. He saw evidence of this when both Briere and DD were moved to two different lines after insisting for too long to play them together and they performed afterward when surrounded by size.

- Separating Markov and Subban outside the PP. I think this is handcuffing PK's game, as he would play best with a defensive D 5 on 5.

Please.. Pacioretty is still recovering from his injury. Even at this point, Pacioretty doesn't look very good. Giving him our WORST player this season wouldn't help MaxPac at all.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Analyzer*

2 shootouts. 2 goalies who are very good down low. All we do is shoot down low.

Who ****ing scouts the NHL games for us ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Znthnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Please.. Pacioretty is still recovering from his injury. Even at this point, Pacioretty doesn't look very good. Giving him our WORST player this season wouldn't help MaxPac at all.
They've had chemistry in the past. There's no reason why this wouldn't be attempted when the habs had a two goal lead against the Isles. DD has been underperforming, yet he hasn't been given two big wingers on a consistent basis. MaxPac-Briere/DD-Bourque should be kept intact. Giving MaxPac Plekanek hasn't helped him much either. Those two have no chemistry, even going back a couple of years.

Znthnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Emelin will need probably a good five games to get back to normal so don't expect a miracle in his first game.
He'll need more than that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:47 AM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post

DD was given every chance to succeed, Therrien kept putting him out there in crucial situations and he could not get it done. That is why he is sitting in the press box, and will continue to sit there, for the time being since the team is finally getting all of its injured players back.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Eric Engels @EricEngels
Best career shootout numbers on #habs: David Desharnais: 44% (8/18)

we needed him to win

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
Eric Engels @EricEngels
Best career shootout numbers on #habs: David Desharnais: 44% (8/18)

we needed him to win
DD had a breakaway this season 1 on 1 with the goalie and he didn't even shoot the puck. He's simply been space jam'd. Some alien took his playing ability.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Habs

I thought it was a great game, very entertaining.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Adriatic

It's clear what are problem is, we need another Bournival in the lineup! Apart from the kid line he's the only other player right now that his able to create space for others. Any line he's on is magically working. Pleks and his line were invisible last night until Bourne showed up. We so desperately need to trade for another Bournival and we have players to trade. MB has to make something happen!

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
la25ecoupe

lots of 4s..

Last edited by la25ecoupe: 04-05-2015 at 09:04 AM.
la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
It's clear what are problem is, we need another Bournival in the lineup! Apart from the kid line he's the only other player right now that his able to create space for others. Any line he's on is magically working. Pleks and his line were invisible last night until Bourne showed up. We so desperately need to trade for another Bournival and we have players to trade. MB has to make something happen!
Bournival was having a bad game too until he was reunited with the Plek line. I love the kid but let's not get carried away, he wasn't any better than most of the other forwards until the end.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Bournival was having a bad game too until he was reunited with the Plek line. I love the kid but let's not get carried away, he wasn't any better than most of the other forwards until the end.
What are you talking about, Therrien moves Bournival around like a sac of potatoes to help his veterans get out of slumps. Pleks and Gionta were on fire for a couple of games until they moved Bournival away. I don't think there was one game where Bournival was invisible. He has to play with Pleks so we can have at least 2 good lines because I can tell you right now Pleks-Gionta-Patch won't ever work. MT has to get 2 line working and let the other bottom 6 get it together and stop messing around breaking up lines that work to help out the other scrubs.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote