If you can include players from the WHA days, good stuff!
What's your lists?
1 Messier (my favorite all time Oiler and best all round player ever)
2 Gretz (best scorer ever - most amazing player ever created by God or evolution)
3 Coffey (best skater ever)
4 Weight (my second favorite Oiler ever)
5 Kurri (one of the best Euros to play in the NHL)
6 Fuhr (our best goalie ever)
7 Anderson (incredible in the clutch)
8 Ranford (won a Conn Smythe trophy)
9 Lowe (arguably most competitive Oiler ever)
10 Simpson (last Oiler to score 50)
1. Wayne Gretzky - there will be only 1
1.A. Messier - the mold for a perfect player
3. Paul Coffey - best offenseman and perfect skater
4. Grant Fuhr - clutch!
5. Jarri Kurri - sniper
6. Glenn Anderson - clutch 2
7. Kevin Lowe - tough, gritty, leadership
8. Janni Niiniima - heart and soul
9. Esa Tikkanen - super pest & clutch 3
10. Doug Weight - a great Oiler
1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mark Messier
3. Grant Fuhr
4. Jari Kurri
5. Paul Coffey
6. Curis Joseph
7. Ryan Smyth
9. Kevin Lowe
11. Dave Semenko
12. Mike York
13. Craig MacTavish
14. Randy Gregg
1. Messier (heart, desire - you can see it in his eyes)
2. Gretzky (skill, ridiculous sense of timing, desire - you can see it on the ice)
3. Kurri (class, everyday, worked hard at checking, dependable for that one-timer)
4. Fuhr (clutch. nothing like watching the opposition attack with three vs Lowe and Fuhr and Fuhrsie would still stone them)
5. Coffey (end-to-end rushes were a thing of beauty)
6. Anderson (kamikaze!)
7. Weight (I wish he was still here)
8. Lumley (that crazy hair)
9. Gregg (classy)
10. "Vish" Lowe (intensity)
1. Messier - a born leader
2. Gretz - the One and Only, there will never be another like him
3. Lowe - Mr. Oiler himself
4. Kurri - the best linemate Gretz could have had
5. Tikkanen - could get under the skin of anyone
6. Linseman - "the RAT"
7. Huddy - always solid in his own end
8. Simpson - career ended way too soon
9. MacTavish - last of the helmet-less warriors
10. Fuhr - always made the save when necessary
1.Gretzky- Well he's the best ever....
2.Messier- Most well rounded player, behind only Howe. Amazing speed.
3.Coffey- Often overlooked because he was the first to leave.
4.Fuhr- Best money goalie ever. Furhsie would have never folded against the Wild.
5.Kurri- Two way 50+ goalscorer.
6.Tikkanen- Remembered as a pesticle, but more talented than given credit for.
7.Anderson- Would take half the season to wake up, but amazing once playoffs hit.
8.Lowe- Solid, well rounded defenseman, with inhuman pain threshold.
9.Joseph- Turned this team back into a playoff team, then a playoff winner.
10.Weight-Always able to put up numbers, even with a limited supporting cast.