HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Game 19: Preds @ Islanders 6:00 PM: "Gangs of Nashville Edition"

Old
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM
thecloser

vCash: 500
Beck blows. I'll change my opinion when he actually does something to prove otherwise.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:25 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Beck blows. I'll change my opinion when he actually does something to prove otherwise.
Playing him with grinders is not suitable for him. All through junior and much of his pro career he has been a goal scorer. He gets called up and is placed with grinders? Makes no sense.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:30 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerfanthe View Post
Playing him with grinders is not suitable for him. All through junior and much of his pro career he has been a goal scorer. He gets called up and is placed with grinders? Makes no sense.
Like when he was out with Cullen and Smith in the 3rd?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Like when he was out with Cullen and Smith in the 3rd?
for what 2 shifts ? you're grasping at straws.. beck has the skills to produce in Nashville. trotz needs to put him in a spot to get comfortable and flourish. imo trotz problem is just that.. letting these young guys contribute where comfortable. he is way too accommodating to the veterans who are laying eggs every night. just my 2 cents..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:41 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
for what 2 shifts ? you're grasping at straws.. beck has the skills to produce in Nashville. trotz needs to put him in a spot to get comfortable and flourish. imo trotz problem is just that.. letting these young guys contribute where comfortable. he is way too accommodating to the veterans who are laying eggs every night. just my 2 cents..
If we could put everyone's posts about Trotz into a montage it would all read close to the same. He stifles offensively gifted players and gives grinders every opportunity. That's why we see Poile sign grinder after grinder and not more offensively talented guys. Idk what it's gonna take but the game plan needs to change and so does the coach.

Old
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
It was more than two shifts ... but again, why let reality get in the way.

Having the skills and knowing when/how to apply them are to very different things. See Forsberg, Filip (1 each).

Looking at the team's ES scoring ... Gaustad is second on the team with 3 ES goals ... tied with players like Moulson, RNH, Turris, Doan.

Old
11-13-2013, 05:46 PM
thecloser

Quote:
It was more than two shifts ... but again, why let reality get in the way.

Having the skills and knowing when/how to apply them are to very different things. See Forsberg, Filip (1 each).

Looking at the team's ES scoring ... Gaustad is second on the team with 3 ES goals ... tied with players like Moulson, RNH, Turris, Doan.
But let's face reality. Gaustad isn't going to keep up with those guys. Come on.

Old
11-13-2013, 05:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
But let's face reality. Gaustad isn't going to keep up with those guys. Come on.
He probably doesn't ... then again, who predicted he'd be second on the team in ES goals at this point of the season?

.87 goals per 60 mins of ES time for Goose. But he's just a grinder who can't score ... ever .... at least that's what these boards keep saying. Reality says otherwise.

Old
11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
thecloser

Quote:
He probably doesn't ... then again, who predicted he'd be second on the team in ES goals at this point of the season?

.87 goals per 60 mins of ES time for Goose. But he's just a grinder who can't score ... ever .... at least that's what these boards keep saying. Reality says otherwise.
I don't mind goose, don't get me wrong. He's paid to win face offs and that he does. Goal scoring is an added bonus. All I was saying is he's not gonna keep pace with the names you put out.