HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
10-30-2013, 11:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Did anyone else who ordered a PS4 get Killzone or the DS4 yet? I don't know why they are doing this. It's killing me! I have to go home and stare at this for weeks now!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 11:31 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Anyone play the BF4 beta yet?
Got BF4 yesterday and played some campaign, game is really good so far. Love how they give you a code to download the game free if you buy a PS4 which I will do summer of 2014.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Who's ready for Next Gen consoles?!

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Got BF4 yesterday and played some campaign, game is really good so far. Love how they give you a code to download the game free if you buy a PS4 which I will do summer of 2014.

Mine has erased on me 3 times now, not a bad campaign - short, but I play BF4 online anyway. Which is great.. however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
.. I feel BF4 was and is built for the NEXT gen, not this one... feels like a beta most days....

Can't wait to be able to afford PS4

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Getting my PS4 on Friday via Amazon .

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
.. I feel BF4 was and is built for the NEXT gen, not this one... feels like a beta most days....

Can't wait to be able to afford PS4
I get the same feeling. Isn't Next Gen supposed to be like 32v32 online for BF4? I've played a little of BF4 online so far and greatly see the benefit in that.

At the same time I've played COD:G and read a lot of people complaining that the maps are too big and are built for next gen. I don't get that feeling at all. Maybe the maps are just designed terribly but anytime I am running in any direction i'm either getting shot by someone from behind or I run into someone. You can't move without being shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Getting my PS4 on Friday via Amazon .
As am I. At least I hope I am. I chose two day shipping and the expected delivery date is still Friday so we'll see. Ordered AC, Killzone, and NBA 2k14 off of Amazon yesterday through that 3 for 2 deal. Killzone shipped last night, don't know when AC is getting shipped, and NBA is backordered so i'll probably pick that up in a store.

I want to focus on PS4 but all of my friends are sticking with Xbox One so i'll have to get all the MP games on Xbox. Already have COD:G, BF4, FIFA, and Madden on 360 so I can trade up for Next Gen.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

My status for my PS4 on Amazon changed to preparing for shipment .

Old
11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
My status for my PS4 on Amazon changed to preparing for shipment .
Mine is still "Not Shipped Yet." What shipping speed do you have?

Old
11-13-2013, 12:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Prime Two-Day (will be here on the 15th).

Plus I just realized I got over 25K posts .

Old
11-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:

Guess mine will probably change soon then. Mine still says so I should be good. "Delivery Estimate Friday, November 15, 2013 by 8:00pm"

Old
11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Oh you mean PCs from 3-4 years ago?

Just kidding, sort of. I'm excited for my Xbox One to arrive. Forza 5 has been gimped but hopefully they deliver the tracks and cars via free DLC. No Nurburgring? Are you ****ing kidding me?!

I picked up NHL14 after not playing NHL games for a few years. Guess what? Nothing has changed. $60 for updated rosters, again. Thanks EA, you ****ing suck major cockhole JESUS CHRIST JUST ****ING DIE ALREADY. ASS. /vent

Also, I suck at NHL14. I can't beat my friend or the CPU on normal. I can't seem to score goals, and if I do, they're flukey. Meanwhile, any slot shot from the CPU goes in high-glove side.

Quote:

Isn't Amazon doing same-day shipping? I know I'm getting my Xbox One from them on the 22nd.

PS4 can't play CDs or MP3s. What. The. ****.

Both consoles have day one patches, but apparently the Xbox One NEEDS the patch to be functional. Meaning, if you bought a fancy new Xbox One and a game and don't have an internet connection, you're ****ed. You can't play the game offline. So ridiculous.

On the other hand, what the **** are you doing buying an Xbox One in 2013 with no internet connection?

EDIT: In regards to BF4 vs. Ghosts, I'm changing it up and going with BF4 this time around. I enjoy vehicles, variable maps and 64 player games.

Last edited by ihatebraydenschenn: 11-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.
ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:35 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
I get the same feeling. Isn't Next Gen supposed to be like 32v32 online for BF4? I've played a little of BF4 online so far and greatly see the benefit in that.

At the same time I've played COD:G and read a lot of people complaining that the maps are too big and are built for next gen. I don't get that feeling at all. Maybe the maps are just designed terribly but anytime I am running in any direction i'm either getting shot by someone from behind or I run into someone. You can't move without being shot.

As am I. At least I hope I am. I chose two day shipping and the expected delivery date is still Friday so we'll see. Ordered AC, Killzone, and NBA 2k14 off of Amazon yesterday through that 3 for 2 deal. Killzone shipped last night, don't know when AC is getting shipped, and NBA is backordered so i'll probably pick that up in a store.

I want to focus on PS4 but all of my friends are sticking with Xbox One so i'll have to get all the MP games on Xbox. Already have COD:G, BF4, FIFA, and Madden on 360 so I can trade up for Next Gen.
DICE made it so that more COD players would jump over, in feel and game play - I think BF4 has gotten away from what makes it great a little bit (very little) but the online 64 players maps will be INSANE!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Debating whether or not to pick mine up from gamestop at midnight tomorrow. I really want to, but I also am way too old to go do that then wake up for work the next morning.

Also, has anyone ever done that in recent years? Anyone Gamestop employees here know if it is going to be a zoo? I live in an area where there aren't many people so I'm thinking it probably won't be crazy...but you never know.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Debating whether or not to pick mine up from gamestop at midnight tomorrow. I really want to, but I also am way too old to go do that then wake up for work the next morning.

Also, has anyone ever done that in recent years? Anyone Gamestop employees here know if it is going to be a zoo? I live in an area where there aren't many people so I'm thinking it probably won't be crazy...but you never know.
I imagine it will be a zoo. A "real" new system hasn't come out in years. When PS3's and 360's came out internet shopping wasn't what it is today. With that said it's hard to say what will happen. I'm sure it'll still be a zoo though and you'll have to be camped out fairly early in order to ensure you get one.

*I'm not a gamestop employee

Old
11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I imagine it will be a zoo. A "real" new system hasn't come out in years. When PS3's and 360's came out internet shopping wasn't what it is today. With that said it's hard to say what will happen. I'm sure it'll still be a zoo though and you'll have to be camped out fairly early in order to ensure you get one.

*I'm not a gamestop employee
I have mine pre-ordered. I'm getting either Thursday night or Friday after work. I'm just trying to see what the deal was for these midnight releases. They told me I have to come in on Thursday and "validate" my receipt. At which point I'll get a ticket or something to come back at midnight.

I want to go just so I don't have to go after work Friday, but I also don't want to be standing in a mob of children and their parents waiting all night when I have to get up for work in the morning.

Side note: I waited from 4am on at K-Mart with like eight other people to get a PS2 before pre-ordering was possible, or at least widely done. Only the first three people in line got one, the rest were "stolen" prior to the release date (aka employees had them). I got a raincheck and wound up getting the system like a week later. Everybody wins!

Old
11-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
I have mine pre-ordered. I'm getting either Thursday night or Friday after work. I'm just trying to see what the deal was for these midnight releases. They told me I have to come in on Thursday and "validate" my receipt. At which point I'll get a ticket or something to come back at midnight.

I want to go just so I don't have to go after work Friday, but I also don't want to be standing in a mob of children and their parents waiting all night when I have to get up for work in the morning.

Side note: I waited from 4am on at K-Mart with like eight other people to get a PS2 before pre-ordering was possible, or at least widely done. Only the first three people in line got one, the rest were "stolen" prior to the release date (aka employees had them). I got a raincheck and wound up getting the system like a week later. Everybody wins!
Ah well then go as early as you possibly can on Thursday . I imagine it will work just like midnight releases of games. When I went to the GTAV midnight release every person went in the store to "validate" their receipt and then they were given a number for the group they'll be in to go in the store to get their preorder. So the earlier you go to get it validated the earlier the group you'll be in. It's pretty organized this way and their isn't a mad rush.

EDIT: I'm not sure what time they start giving out group numbers but call ahead of time and find that out. You won't have to stay from when they give out the group numbers to midnight either.

Old
11-13-2013, 01:51 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
I've been to a couple midnight releases, and only one had a decent sized crowd (Halo 2). Even with the crowd, I was in and out, game in hand, within minutes.

It shouldn't be crazy. I say go for it.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Quote:

While my official last week at GameStop is this week (great timing, eh?) My store has been expecting a zoo. We've been told over and over by Sony and their reps that they'd ship DOUBLE of what was pre-ordered (we had 104 PS4 pre-orders, do the math). We don't exactly believe that at all, but we have been telling customers w/o pre-orders to expect a few extras and to be here at midnight to snag them...and we did tell that to A LOT of customers.

EDIT: just asked my manager, they sent our store 10 extra for walk-up sales.

The downside IMO is that the company wants to move this product no matter what, so after the 48-hour product reserve guarantee, I believe stores will sell your system. I don't agree with it at all, and I don't think most employees do either, but our District Manager(s) want it done so we can utilize our Web-In-Store service.

The plus side of things...Sony seems prepared for this launch, and I feel like they'll be able to replenish a decent amount of stock in-store weekly leading up to Christmas. Microsoft I'm not so sure about, and we've basically been telling people to wait until February or so before they splurge on an XBone.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:44 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Guess mine will probably change soon then. Mine still says so I should be good. "Delivery Estimate Friday, November 15, 2013 by 8:00pm"
Think I'm in the same boat as you. Delivery estimate is Friday Nov 13 by 8pm but when I click track package it says not yet shipped and we havent started to prepare it for shipment yet

My shipping option I picked was the 2-day

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Good news is that I ordered two games on Tuesday with two day shipping and they were both shipped today and will get them tomorrow so I expect the system will be sent out tomorrow.

Old
11-14-2013, 04:00 AM
LuigiStone*

Getting a PS4 at some point. Not in a hurry though. And definitely not touching a MS SpyBox.

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Preparing for Shipment! Woo!

Old
11-14-2013, 09:52 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Preparing for Shipment! Woo!
That's what mine changed to this morning but if it's two-day shipping and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, shouldn't it have been shipped already haha

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
That's what mine changed to this morning but if it's two-day shipping and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, shouldn't it have been shipped already haha
Like I mentioned above, I ordered two games on Tuesday with two day shipping. They weren't actually shipped until yesterday and they're getting delivered today, which is one day in transit. Nothing to worry about at this point.

EDIT: One was coming from Nevada and the other was Indiana I think. So one day is pretty damn fast. Although looking at it now the one through UPS will be delivered today and the other got sent through USPS is going to be delivered tomorrow (maybe today). Hopefully the PS4 is through UPS.

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 11-14-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old
11-14-2013, 09:57 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Mine got pushed earlier for shipping probably because I bought a HDD with it.