Rog-o! What's your 20? Let's see. Why do I feel they suck. 7 YEARS!!!!!! enough said? BTW: A fool is in the eye of the beholder or, for this particular case, in the hole of the behinder.
Originally Posted by nyrforever
Haha, dude are you kidding me?? Do you even realize what a fool your making of yourself? Obviously you aren't.
Look at what JR just wrote to you. Why don't you post why you feel they suck, what trades could happen. Getting rid of Barnaby is NOT a part of solution in fact its making the team worst.
"This team sucks" NO Kidding, we didnt know that.
I have been informed that I am hear to stir up trouble. So, I am sorry to all those people who think that. I should be ashamed of myself. Please accept this apology my dear friends. I will not do it again. I agree, this team is great. Very good performance last night. Dunham was spectacular!
or did you miss that shift in which Lindros centered Rucinsky and Kovalev and Holik centered Barnaby and Simon?
Funny thing about that is that in my opinion, as many have already read my thoughts but I'll say it again, Rucinsky should be paired with Holik and Kovalev with Lindros. Why? Rucinsky fast and a good backchecker - maskes sense when you're 'supposed' to go against top lines. Add Barnaby there as an agitator and because he's a better skater and better defensively than Simon. That basically recreates the Brylin-Holik-McKay line that was so successful in Jersey.
Then you keep Simon at Lindros' left. On that line, given Kovalev and Lindros going, Simon can get 20 goals. You can get a good cycle down-low with those three. You get a crowded front of the net with big bodies. You have a playmaker. A guy who can get scraps from in front of the net. You have guys who can abuse the defenses. And more importantly, you have a top line and you're not asking Kovalev to check top lines (and be expected to score) anymore.
But it doesn't matter. Goaltending will be/is worn out and the defense will always suck.
Yeah MJ, no Poti, but I actually think he's been as good if not better defensively than Leetch this season. Glad he scored a goal, but he's all but lost it out there defensively.
When was the last time those 2 had to play for anything? It would take an act of God for Sather to remove either from the lineup.
If nothing else, this game showed EXACTLY where the Rangers are as a team. Nothing but a bunch of pretenders and also-rans. At best this team could aspire to be called mediocre. Where is out mighty resident Sather-apologist? Please tell us again how Sather rebuilt this team and how the farm system is now a pipeline and how Sather has this team competing every night. 2 effin' wins (botrh against the Isles) in the last 9 games does not get it done.
For lack of better terminology, the Bruins outright s... all over us. JD said it right. The B's have lots of big men who play a big man's game. Off course the Rangers have lots of big men who are not the least bit interested in playing a big man's game. After the B's defenese established the fact that if any goals were to be scored, a price was to be paid, the great majority of the Rangers were just not interested in paying a price.
- Holik is MIA AGAIN. Maybe the loosing is getting to him, but he was invisible.
- Ditto for Kovalev. Isn't it time to give him a shot w/ Lindros and Simon (not Rosie, but the much bigger Simon) for more than one shift?
- Kudos to Lindros. Can't fault him in any way. Although one wonders how he recieved under 15 minutes of ice time? Can anyone answer that? What the eff' has Messier done to deserve 2 more minutes than Eric?
- Speaking of Messier. He look at that, as the games pile up, Messier's effectiveness rapidly diwindles. He has been invisible for a little while now and is utterly incapable of playing against bigger opponenets any more. Didn't we predict that this would happen? Who out there did not know that playing a 43 year old so much early in the season would have it's come uppence in January?
- The Rangers were simply dreadfull in their own end. For the love of God, KNOCK SOMEONE DOWN, please. They were inept in all areas, but again the most telling was their unwillingness to clear Dunahm's crease.
- Speaking of Dunham, what a surprise. He looked tired on Monday, and guess what? He was still tired on Tuesday. Why did Markanned not start one of these games? Sather knows perfectly well Dunahm's record in back-to-back games. And one would think that he las learned the virtues of playing the backup and letting his main guy rest. Guess not.
- Most damming thing of all about our Sather coached teams. The sheer inability to compete on a nightly basis. The unwillingness of players to pay the price. The way they start games completely lost. At what point does Sather have to pay the piper/
Face it, folks. We are not nearly good enough to compete w/ the top teams. I would say that the season is completely lost unless the Rangers somehow find a way to beat both the Flyers and Ottawa. Not one or the other, but both. However, they will either beat the Flyers just to loose to Ottawa, or blow both games. We're starring at a 7th year w/ no playoffs. And if there are no playoffs in sight, then why not start to rebuild NOW? Will Eric Lindros EVER have more trading value? Will Porta? I like the way Lindros is playing, but we all know that there's just no way he is coming back here. And if we are not making the playoffs (AGAIN), why let him go for absolutely nothing?
to a losing team that would likely give him a low offer to watch others play with the top offensive wingers on his team. Agreed TB...
One thing I will offer up in regards to Messier is that I don't think he's worn down too much. He's not putting up points, unfrotunately, but he's been playing mostly on a true fourth line at ES mostly. I don't know how many points one can amass with Rheaume and Ortmeyer, or Lacouture.