HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Gostisbehere Union College Group Order - Part Six

Old
11-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Gostisbehere Union College Group Order - Part Six

Continue...

The most recent thread -- http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...171967&page=40

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 05-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

looking forward to seeing what everyone does for the stadium series.

wish the flyers were taking part. we're due for a new black jersey.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 07:23 AM
RonHextall27

Got my name bar from Denver Athletic, currently getting stitched on.

[IMG][/IMG]

RonHextall27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Insulin

Thought this might be of interest to some people. Darren Rovell tweeted this this morning. Does not include Canadian purchases though, still thought it was cool.

Quote:
50% of all NHL jerseys sold over the last 3 months have been Rangers, Flyers, Bruins & Penguins jerseys

Insulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Mosetter27

ok hollywood you didnt answer in last thread try here... are your av's jerseys minus the blueberry glacier twill?

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
ok hollywood you didnt answer in last thread try here... are your av's jerseys minus the blueberry glacier twill?
Check again, I did in the last post.

Yes they are. I used Denver Athletic, who does the on ice jerseys. Didn't show up in the pictures at all haha.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

In case anyone is interested... I'm usually drug to the Turnersville NJ Kohl's by my wife and I'm always pissed by the lack of Flyers stuff in their Men's Team-wear Department... with great representation by most other Area sports pro and college teams. Tonight we stopped by the Marlton NJ store where I was greatly pleased and surprised to find much Flyers stuff.

Most of note were the many Flyers blank Home Premier jerseys on the rack in all sizes... selling for a $125.00 Regular Price. Now I'm not sure if you are aware of Kohl's standard MO of constant sales and coupon discounts as well as such things as their Kohl's Dollars programs... Simply put, you never pay retail at Kohls, smart people await a promotion of some sort. I believe the Eagles jerseys beside the Flyers ones were on sale for somewhere around 25% or 50%... I forget which... and the wife had a coupon that took 30% off the lowest price of any item in the store (sales items included) plus she was compiling Kohl's Dollars with each purchase -- she got IIRC $10.00 worth for each $50.00 spent at Kohls over a certain period, and had a certain period to spend them exactly as she would cash -- So the Flyers Jersey would be $87.50 and bring $10.00 in Kohl's Dollars, with $37.50 left that would go towards another one after another $12.50 was spent.

Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50... and the personalization would be sewn on and the very same size and quality as the players wear. Compare that with the Regular Price at the Wells Fargo Fan stores of $200.00.. and at times lesser quality personalization... or higher for the sewn on multi-ply stuff that other Sports Collectable Mall Stores sell... and on par with the Dicks/Models/SportsAuthority chains that have lesser quality/smaller personalization/Heat Pressed jerseys of a very limited list of players.

... Just a thought.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
In case anyone is interested... I'm usually drug to the Turnersville NJ Kohl's by my wife and I'm always pissed by the lack of Flyers stuff in their Men's Team-wear Department... with great representation by most other Area sports pro and college teams. Tonight we stopped by the Marlton NJ store where I was greatly pleased and surprised to find much Flyers stuff.

Most of note were the many Flyers blank Home Premier jerseys on the rack in all sizes... selling for a $125.00 Regular Price. Now I'm not sure if you are aware of Kohl's standard MO of constant sales and coupon discounts as well as such things as their Kohl's Dollars programs... Simply put, you never pay retail at Kohls, smart people await a promotion of some sort. I believe the Eagles jerseys beside the Flyers ones were on sale for somewhere around 25% or 50%... I forget which... and the wife had a coupon that took 30% off the lowest price of any item in the store (sales items included) plus she was compiling Kohl's Dollars with each purchase -- she got IIRC $10.00 worth for each $50.00 spent at Kohls over a certain period, and had a certain period to spend them exactly as she would cash -- So the Flyers Jersey would be $87.50 and bring $10.00 in Kohl's Dollars, with $37.50 left that would go towards another one after another $12.50 was spent.

Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50... and the personalization would be sewn on and the very same size and quality as the players wear. Compare that with the Regular Price at the Wells Fargo Fan stores of $200.00.. and at times lesser quality personalization... or higher for the sewn on multi-ply stuff that other Sports Collectable Mall Stores sell... and on par with the Dicks/Models/SportsAuthority chains that have lesser quality/smaller personalization/Heat Pressed jerseys of a very limited list of players.

... Just a thought.
FWIW, I recall the Cherry Hill Kohl's always having an excellent selection of Flyers gear.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post

Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50...
Yes, that would be cheaper than buying at the stadium.

I usually order from Cool Hockey.com, though. That's around the price I can get from them. And, if ya catch a sale day, it's even less than that. After my one experience with Philly Express thru the mail, I'd never use them again unless I can see their work before I pay.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
FWIW, I recall the Cherry Hill Kohl's always having an excellent selection of Flyers gear.
Turnersville is deep seated in the heart of South Jersey Flyers Country... one would think it would be ripe for Flyers gear and would stock them. Could be the manager is dropping the ball and may not be a hockey fan, thus unaware and not open to doing some research.

That said, I'm going to have to double check and make sure I'm not confusing locations... and it was another Kohl's. I really can't recall being dragged into that many Kohl's though. haha The Black Horse Pike one is the Mrs.' favorite hangouts.

Old
11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Yes, that would be cheaper than buying at the stadium.

I usually order from Cool Hockey.com, though. That's around the price I can get from them. And, if ya catch a sale day, it's even less than that. After my one experience with Philly Express thru the mail, I'd never use them again unless I can see their work before I pay.
The $50.00 special one time discount during the Caps game (IIRC) was a Godsend... added to my STH Stored Value netted me a $100.00 jersey at the WFC... a once in a lifetime deal on a current player -- Although, having to sit through that Caps 7-0 drubbing, it was the least they could do.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Insulin

When it comes to buying jerseys I've always decided to buy a knockoff for thirty bucks instead of the real ones, but I finally want to go out and get a real one. I've heard that buying from the NHL Shop online isn't a good idea, is that true? Is my best bet to get one from the arena? Or is there a site that you guys can recommend?

Old
11-14-2013, 08:17 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
When it comes to buying jerseys I've always decided to buy a knockoff for thirty bucks instead of the real ones, but I finally want to go out and get a real one. I've heard that buying from the NHL Shop online isn't a good idea, is that true? Is my best bet to get one from the arena? Or is there a site that you guys can recommend?
You looking for a replica or authentic?

Last edited by leclair1088: 11-14-2013 at 08:52 AM.
leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Insulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
You looking for a replica or authentic?
Authentic.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:23 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
Authentic.
Cheapest route is probably searching ebay or the IJ forums. You might have to play the waiting game though.

If you want it now, you can grab a blank one from Frozen Pond and have it customized when you get it. The only thing is I can't tell you 100% sure if they are the Canada authentics or the Indo-edges. The picture would suggest it's made in Canada but for some of the other teams on the site they appear to be the Indo-edges. Maybe email them first or someone else here can chime in. There may be some other retail sites out there but I dont know any off the top of my head

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

I went to the Turnersville Kohl's and found a lot of Flyers stuff including replica blank jerseys... For 20% off.. had a 30% additional coupon which brought the $125.00 home Orange to $70.00.

Bringing it to VSZ for a Simmonds replica with on the ice quality sewn personalization... Net cost about $145.00 ... And a quality jersey better than the retail sports store crap.

PS: And received another $10.00+ Kohls cash.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 11-14-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Corrected net cost amount which was made in error.
Old
11-15-2013, 11:02 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

I still have a Few Authentics Im looking to unload if anyone is interested.

Black Edge Authentic 52

White Edge Authentic 52

White RBK Authentic 48

Signed Bauer Brindamour Team Canada XL

I have a large white Saskatoon Blades, Red Voltigeurs and a red Ice Dogs all brand new and never worn available as well. Best offer for any of them.

I also have a ton of Stanley cup patches for $6 ea.

PM me if interested.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
MrFlyers

New 3rd jersey.

As the title say. I want an alternate jersey. My tought is black where the home jersey is orange, and orange where the home is black.

MrFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 07:48 PM
kelmitchell

i say go back to the black white and orange jerseys im not a fan of the 60's jerseys

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 09:39 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I'm also a fan of getting a black third jerseys. The last black one they had sucked. If they use the same pattern/scheme as their current jerseys it could look really nice.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 05:41 PM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Potential Third Jerseys

Thoughts on these..... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZyDANqS9fH...ennedy-PHI.png, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RblumzUmNX...72713629_n.jpg, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WQhc4ax3zy...sicSeries).png

Last edited by RinaldoZac: 11-22-2013 at 05:49 PM.
RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 06:07 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

No on the 2nd for sure, gross.

I prefer the 3rd over the 1st but could live with either.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:40 PM
kelmitchell

first jersey hell yes!!!!!

Old
11-22-2013, 08:32 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
First one is the only one I'd be OK with, but I like just having the two. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:03 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
First one is the only one I'd be OK with, but I like just having the two. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
it is broke these jerseys are horrible i hated them in the 60-70's i hate them now lol