HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Stop Messing With My Sport!!

Old
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Stop Messing With My Sport!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=189350&hubname=nhl

CAN WE STOP WITH THE CHANGES ALREADY!!! What ever happened to the new great "My NHL?" Two years in effect and Bettmen already wants to make changes? Now they're changing the jerseys! Hey, stop messing with my sport! I like it just the way it is. It took me a while to get used to My NHL. So leave MY NHL just the way it is, thank you... Enough with bigger goals. Enough with changing formats.. Just let me enjoy the sport I've been watching as a kid and love and stop trying to change it to make Basketball or Baseball loving Americans like it.

Hey, if goals are so important, why is Soccer (the greatest game outside of North America) so popular when they have the least amount of goals out of every sport here?

This is getting rediculous!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=189350&hubname=nhl

CAN WE STOP WITH THE CHANGES ALREADY!!! What ever happened to the new great "My NHL?" Two years in effect and Bettmen already wants to make changes? Now they're changing the jerseys! Hey, stop messing with my sport! I like it just the way it is. It took me a while to get used to My NHL. So leave MY NHL just the way it is, thank you... Enough with bigger goals. Enough with changing formats.. Just let me enjoy the sport I've been watching as a kid and love and stop trying to change it to make Basketball or Baseball loving Americans like it.

Hey, if goals are so important, why is Soccer (the greatest game outside of North America) so popular when they have the least amount of goals out of every sport here?

This is getting rediculous!!
Because Soccers a wussies sport and there's a lot of wussies out there. Countries like Russia/Finland/Sweden etc recognize hockey has the real sport.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:54 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Because Soccers a wussies sport and there's a lot of wussies out there. Countries like Russia/Finland/Sweden etc recognize hockey has the real sport.
You know I wouldn't start bashing soccer, because you'll just fuel a flame war. One that I would be happy to support.
Hockey is my favourite sport, but there's nothing I respect more than soccer.

12-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
While I tend to agree with your sentiment, it would best be posted in the thread already devoted to this particular topic.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=324598

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:56 AM
znk

If you go in the thread devoted to this topic you'll realise that this idea is greeted rather positivly.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
WUSS ALERT

Posted that before, but it's worth a repeat.

As for all the changes Bettman is talking about, I've just opened that page on TSN, not read it yet. I'm a little apprehensive about what I'll find. The game will still be played on ice, right? Or is that just too much of an assumption?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Traitor8

they are not changing anything to the game ..as far as I know, all it says is that they will change the divisions and the way standings work ..and the schedule that's it.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote