HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Old
11-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Yeah, Devils fans made it up. You're quoting childish phrases from Devils fans, now. Hope you're proud. Although, I can't say I'm surprised. For someone who acts high and mighty because you're older than everyone else you sure post a lot of childish crap.
This.

In my day, elders had a lot more respect.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yeah, Devils fans made it up. You're quoting childish phrases from Devils fans, now. Hope you're proud. Although, I can't say I'm surprised. For someone who acts high and mighty because you're older than everyone else you sure post a lot of childish crap.

Thank you for this. It has honestly become too much.
Stepan was also a little girl at the start of last season, apparently.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:25 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
But but he's objective and a better fan than everyone he can call anyone whatever he wants!

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Officer Friendly
2 Time Nicest Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Amen!

Officer Friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
For current non-Ranger playoff-seeded teams in the Eastern Conference, the points per cap dollar average is $1,684,631.39, or $357,900.83 less than the Rangers. Individual teams:

1) Tampa Bay - $1,557,504.42
2) Boston - $1,572,171.21
3) Washington - $1,604,087.44
4) Pittsburgh - $1,655,718.34
5) Montreal - $1,700,806.14
6) Toronto - $1,748,351.11
7) Detroit - $1,953,781.09
8) New York Rangers - $2,042,532.22

Potentially worth noting that the top 6 teams have all drafted in the top 5 picks at least twice since the lockout, although Boston used Toronto's pick to do so the second time.
Not sure if this is proving anyone's point but it does prove that NHL players are grossly overpaid.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
MGF0723

So with AV saying to the media Hank let in a routine goal and Hank them blaming it on a defensive breakdown, just the fact that it's still being talked about a few days later , do we have a little conflict brewing in the locker room? Personally AV should have kept his mouth shut. You can't say things like that to the NY press.

MGF0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
So with AV saying to the media Hank let in a routine goal and Hank them blaming it on a defensive breakdown, just the fact that it's still being talked about a few days later , do we have a little conflict brewing in the locker room? Personally AV should have kept his mouth shut. You can't say things like that to the NY press.
He kind of has a history of saying odd things to the media about his players. He said Ryan Kesler's serious shoulder injury shouldn't be an excuse for his poor play.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Dfence033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Not sure if this is proving anyone's point but it does prove that NHL players are grossly overpaid.
Wasn't so much meant to prove a point as much as responding to a request/question from earlier in the thread regarding how the point breakdown per cap dollar on this team looks. I just took it a step farther and added the element of the other playoff teams in the East out of my own curiosity, and so far this season, the Rangers have spent the most cap dollars for the least amount of production out of all Eastern Conference playoff teams (at the time of the posting).

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:32 PM
chosen

After a loss, some of you are unable to accept that they just lost.

Blame the ref, the bounces, luck bla bla. They lost a game.

It is more fun coming to this site after a loss. I love reading the whining and frustration because the lost a game in November. That's Entertainment.

My first game this year and it is pretty funny that they built this great scoreboard that most seats can't totally see.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Calling Lundqvist "King Henrik" is as sophomoric and childish as it gets so please don't patronize me!
The mighty Henrik lets in far too many softies to be classified as a King of anything and if he played any deeper in his net, he'd be behind it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd draw a line in the sand at 5-6 years and no more than 7-7.5 mil; if he wants to play and win here so badly, I'm sure our royal hindness will be more than willing to give the Rangers a hometown discount like Brodeur gave the Devils his entire career.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
Why not? Is Hank's feelings going to get injured?

Old
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Calling Lundqvist "King Henrik" is as sophomoric and childish as it gets so please don't patronize me!
The mighty Henrik lets in far too many softies to be classified as a King of anything and if he played any deeper in his net, he'd be behind it.
And if he stopped a higher percentage of pucks, he'd stop a really high percentage of pucks.

Old
11-14-2013, 02:55 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd draw a line in the sand at 5-6 years and no more than 7-7.5 mil; if he wants to play and win here so badly, I'm sure our royal hindness will be more than willing to give the Rangers a hometown discount like Brodeur gave the Devils his entire career.
See, this is where you and many Devils/Isles fans seem to be misguided. Have you ever seen the Swedish national jersey? It's got crowns on it. Henrik is from Sweden. The nickname The King didn't come from his play for the Rangers.

It's highness btw not hindness

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Boom. Roasted.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 03:21 PM
SnowblindNYR

Drew is never wrong. Always has some sort of response, it's amazing. Hey Drew what does it feel like to be perfect?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash

vCash: 145
Bring on hockeyweekend please. Do not approve of these massive breaks between games.

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Bring on hockeyweekend please. Do not approve of these massive breaks between games.
Yeah, getting destroyed at the Bell Centre is so much better.

Old
11-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Drew is never wrong. Always has some sort of response, it's amazing. Hey Drew what does it feel like to be perfect?
Come on now, be fair. These are only our opinions that we express here and just because mine is different doesn't make me any smarter.
Btw, what's wrong with exercising some fiscal restraint when it comes time to resigning Hank?

Old
11-15-2013, 02:00 AM
anofsti

Mostly because every single option to Hank out there is a lot worse? And he himself is a really popular player, with is a huge bonus to the NYR organization in regards of merchandize sales and marketability.

It's not just ability that's a part of a contract. Maybe if Henrik was a fat Grinch who slept around with his sister-in-law he'd have to lower his price I guess.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Dorado*

Perhaps winning a game up in MTL would go a long way in Henke getting or deserving a long term / highest paid in the league at his position contract .
What exactly is the NYR identity? Are NYR a young developing team ? They are not quite a high skill team nor a " tough team to play against " .
I for one would be happy to jettison the impending UFAs in Callahan and Girardi and even Henrik for the right price . All around the league the elite teams have elite talent .Im having a hard time figuring out how the NYR will ever win a cup with the highest paid player being a goalie and locking up long term guys who may not be worth what they will get paid . Too many tweeners and complimentary players .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 03:27 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Come on now, be fair. These are only our opinions that we express here and just because mine is different doesn't make me any smarter.
Btw, what's wrong with exercising some fiscal restraint when it comes time to resigning Hank?
You are too old for the internet. Leave.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Chimp

Quote:
The mighty Henrik lets in far too many softies to be classified as a King of anything and if he played any deeper in his net, he'd be behind it...
So, you don't like his nickname. Fine. But slandering him by the name of our rivals? Do you see Devils fans go around calling Brodeur "Fatso"? I don't think so. Really, tell us how you really feel. Why don't you go ahead and call the Rangers "Rags" and close the circle? Talk about a spoiled "what have you done for me lately?" reaction. Yeah, what has Hank done for the Rangers? Tell us what you really feel. Those Vezina nominations and Vezina Trophy must've been bogus, because you see what most others don't.

As for his goaltending strategy of playing deep in net, take that up with Benoit Allaire, I'm sure you can give him alot of great pointers how to play the goaltending position. You want to hear the philosophy behind playing deep in net and why Allaire feels it's worth it? No? Didn't think so, you just want to whine on the last part that is wrong on this roster, because you don't like him. Because he made one mistake and your world is falling apart. Oh no, Hank has played 3 bad games so far this season. Call the suicide hotline, he's done for!

Does Henrik Lundqvist much more often than not help his team win a game than folding it? Don't lie to yourself. As for your expected standard of what a "softie" is, I bet it's a whole lot stricter than for any other goalie in the league. The Henrik Lundqvist syndrome. That's what happens when you get spoiled and gain tunnel vision.

This bipolar place will never change.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-15-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Riverdale

Hank is a true professional. Someone with class; who always blames himself before anyone else. I wish his supposed fans had the same amount of class and respect. Is he above blame and criticism? No. But to do little insults surrounding his nickname is just childish.

Grow up. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the Devils board. (By that I mean it feels like some posters here don't even want to root for the Rangers.)

Last edited by Riverdale: 11-15-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
So, you don't like his nickname. Fine. But slandering him by the name of our rivals? Do you see Devils fans go around calling Brodeur "Fatso"? I don't think so. Really, tell us how you really feel. Why don't you go ahead and call the Rangers "Rags" and close the circle? Talk about a spoiled "what have you done for me lately?" reaction. Yeah, what has Hank done for the Rangers? Tell us what you really feel. Those Vezina nominations and Vezina Trophy must've been bogus, because you see what most others don't.

As for his goaltending strategy of playing deep in net, take that up with Benoit Allaire, I'm sure you can give him alot of great pointers how to play the goaltending position. You want to hear the philosophy behind playing deep in net and why Allaire feels it's worth it? No? Didn't think so, you just want to whine on the last part that is wrong on this roster, because you don't like him. Because he made one mistake and your world is falling apart. Oh no, Hank has played 3 bad games so far this season. Call the suicide hotline, he's done for!

Does Henrik Lundqvist much more often than not help his team win a game than folding it? Don't lie to yourself. As for your expected standard of what a "softie" is, I bet it's a whole lot stricter than for any other goalie in the league. The Henrik Lundqvist syndrome. That's what happens when you get spoiled and gain tunnel vision.

This bipolar place will never change.
Great post.

But I wouldn't waste my time arguing with him. He'll just shove his superior age down your throat and continue to think that his **** don't stink.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
chosen

Hey, I am older than almost all of you, so you have no choice but to tailor your opinions to match mine.

Learn Intraweb etiquette.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote