HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Caser

vCash: 500
Nikolai Prokhorkin have been called up to Russia NT for the Karjala Cup tournament to replace Ilya Kovalchuk, who have withdrawn because of injury.

Old
11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Nikolai Prokhorkin have been called up to Russia NT for the Karjala Cup tournament to replace Ilya Kovalchuk, who have withdrawn because of injury.
So they wouldn't pay him enough and his groin flared up again?
Also got a laugh out of a Kings prospect getting called to replace Kovi.

Update on Roach from earlier in this thread as I was glancing through CHL news and what not and came across this;

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/article/...is-back/151783

Old
11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
So they wouldn't pay him enough and his groin flared up again?
Also got a laugh out of a Kings prospect getting called to replace Kovi.

Update on Roach from earlier in this thread as I was glancing through CHL news and what not and came across this;

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/article/...is-back/151783
My upcoming article on Mayor's Manor will describe his homecoming. He was wearing an "A" as well.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I wish we could hear why he got sent back. The numbers certainly don't indicate why, was he terrible in the ECHL or something?

Old
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I wish we could hear why he got sent back. The numbers certainly don't indicate why, was he terrible in the ECHL or something?
I think people really do overrate Roach. His numbers last year were inflated due to him playing forward at times. He's not great defensively. Going back to a VERY good Calgary team won't hurt him.

Old
11-06-2013, 04:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I think people really do overrate Roach. His numbers last year were inflated due to him playing forward at times. He's not great defensively. Going back to a VERY good Calgary team won't hurt him.
No, not at all, and certianly wasn't what I was implying nor was I trying to tout him.

Rather, my question is why would the organization, who likely put a great deal of thought into his development, elect to have him miss his final year of junior and turn pro, then just three games later, three games which on a purely statistical level look very good as well, elect to change their minds and send him back to junior?

Normal LA doesn't handle prospects like this, seems odd to me to see things play out that way.

Old
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
No, not at all, and certianly wasn't what I was implying nor was I trying to tout him.

Rather, my question is why would the organization, who likely put a great deal of thought into his development, elect to have him miss his final year of junior and turn pro, then just three games later, three games which on a purely statistical level look very good as well, elect to change their minds and send him back to junior?

Normal LA doesn't handle prospects like this, seems odd to me to see things play out that way.
Fair enough.

It was probably a feeling out process. He obviously wasn't good enough for the AHL and instead of playing in the ECHL, they opted to return him to Calgary where he can eat HEAVY minutes and take on a huge role on a very good team.

Old
11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

Some is cleared up a little bit in the article I just posted from the Mayor's Manor: hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1533035

Long and short of it, Roach was wearing an "A" on Sunday when he played, so this may in part be about giving him a leadership role. The article discusses how he's a quiet kid, so this, in part, may be about developing him as a PERSON as well as a player.

Also, with his injury, he missed out quite a bit in the off season, so he wasn't exactly in game shape, which led to his demotion to the ECHL.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Some is cleared up a little bit in the article I just posted from the Mayor's Manor: hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1533035
Thanks, a good and informative article.

Old
11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

In case if anyone is interested, Minnesota is playing Notre Dame on NBCSN right now. Tune in if you want to watch Fasching.

Old
11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
In case if anyone is interested, Minnesota is playing Notre Dame on NBCSN right now. Tune in if you want to watch Fasching.
How'd he do?

Old
11-08-2013, 11:39 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
How'd he do?
well, when I first tuned in, he took a hooking penalty almost immediately.

I actually had other things to do so I didn't have time to watch it. But in my brief time watching I liked his speed and energy. Also looked like a good puck handler. I wish I could've seen more of him, but I was impressed. What I also love is that he appears older than he actually is. He looked like a 4 year college vet out there and he is only a freshman.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:34 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Fasching with the hat trick tonight. Very exciting game to watch, as this was for my article for Mayor's Manor this week. Can't wait to write it!

Old
11-09-2013, 09:37 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Fasching with the hat trick tonight. Very exciting game to watch, as this was for my article for Mayor's Manor this week. Can't wait to write it!
I believe his third EN goal didn't count, unfortunately. Time ran out.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:39 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
I believe his third EN goal didn't count, unfortunately. Time ran out.
Oh. Oops. My feed cut out before they took it back. Last I heard they were going to let it count.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:53 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Oh. Oops. My feed cut out before they took it back. Last I heard they were going to let it count.
Heard that too. The announcers were brutal, which was fitting for the entire thing. Awful cameramen, awful producer, awful announcers. It's Notre Dame. Can't expect any better from a piss poor school.

But yeah Fasching was great.

Old
11-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Heard that too. The announcers were brutal, which was fitting for the entire thing. Awful cameramen, awful producer, awful announcers. It's Notre Dame. Can't expect any better from a piss poor school.

But yeah Fasching was great.
Was more excited about the Fasching pick than I was the Zykov pick. To get this guy in the 4th round was an absolute steal by the Kings.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Was more excited about the Fasching pick than I was the Zykov pick. To get this guy in the 4th round was an absolute steal by the Kings.
Truly! He has 11 points in 8 games, scored at least 1 point in every game, has 22 shots, and is plus 12 !!

More impressive: he has ZERO PP points. Maybe he is not getting any PP time, but he must be leading the NCAA in even strength points!
I figured he must have had about a third of his points on the PP,
as with most high scorers. 11 even strength pts in 8 games.

see his stats here:

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/players14.php?minm20

It appears he is #2 in the NCAA in even strength points! You will see that
he is the only player in the top 20 some scorers with 0 PP points. I then
subtracted the PP points from all of the players ahead of him, and only the
#1 scorer has more ES points. A few are tied, with 11 ES points.
And his plus 12 is #2 in the nation.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters.php

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 11-10-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old
11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Confirmed: Zykov playing for Russia in Subway Super Series.

Old
11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Caser

Nikolai Prokhorkin scored another 2 goals in CSKA 3-1 win over Avangard Omsk and now has 12g+6a in 26 KHL games

Old
11-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Nikolai Prokhorkin scored another 2 goals in CSKA 3-1 win over Avangard Omsk and now has 12g+6a in 26 KHL games
Yes, he's been kind of a beast and leads CSKA in scoring =)

Anyways he's rocking a Monarchs shirt...Would however love to understand what he's talking about in this interview:

Also in related news, Prokhorkin got a new teammate - ex King Alexander Frolov was traded to CSKA...

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 11-14-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old
11-14-2013, 09:00 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Yes, he's been kind of a beast and leads CSKA in scoring =)

Anyways he's rocking a Monarchs shirt...Would however love to understand what he's talking about in this interview:

Also in related news, Prokhorkin got a new teammate - ex King Alexander Frolov was traded to CSKA...
Marvelous. I'm sure Alex will enlighten Nikolai on what a fine man DL is to work for.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Marvelous. I'm sure Alex will enlighten Nikolai on what a fine man DL is to work for.
And advise his to stay away from Terry Murray, least he suck your soul dry of offensive spirit.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Caser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Nothing interesting actually, mostly answering the game related questions, also about Frolov's trade and about playing for NT. The only thing that seemed important to me is that after being asked about being switched to the wing in last games he responded that he has no difference to play winger or center.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Nothing interesting actually, mostly answering the game related questions, also about Frolov's trade and about playing for NT. The only thing that seemed important to me is that after being asked about being switched to the wing in last games he responded that he has no difference to play winger or center.
thank you.

Closed Thread