HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Where to park at HSBC?

Old
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
aceface33

vCash: 500
OT: Where to park at HSBC?

I have a question for all you seasoned veterans of Sabres games at HSBC arena: where do you park? I'm in a dillema because last year we had passes to the surface lot between Perry St. and S. Park a block to the east of the arena, but this year we didn't get them because we won't be going to a lot of games. I thought we could just pay to park in that same lot, but it seems to be limited to pass holders only every time I drive by, and I usually arrive about an hour early. The last few games I've parked in the Buffalo News lot off of Scott St., but it's been taking half an hour or longer to get out of there after the game. So where would be the best place to park close to the arena that is relatively quick to get out of? I use the I-190 to get home, east or west doesn't really matter.

A few things to consider: my wife is 8 months pregnant and still going to all the games. So I want to be as close to the arena as possible, cost is not really an issue. Also the subway is not an option because we want our car around in case anything baby-related comes up. Thanks for the help!

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 03:27 PM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

We used to park in the ramp underneath the HSBC Centre. If you're heading down Washington toward the arena, it's the one across the street from the ballpark.

It's not a terrible walk, although I don't know how much Mrsace would be up for it as time goes on. But if you park around the back - when you go down the ramp into the lower lot, hang a sharp right & head all the way back - there's another exit that's much easier to get out than the main one is. (That's why we used to park there.)

Study hard. Be evil.
bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 05:07 PM
TheSabre

vCash:
Another reason you might want under the HSBC Center (Washington ST entrance, as just hockeygirl pointed out): It's cheap. $4.

Old
11-17-2006, 05:34 PM
hottytoddy

If she goes into labor during the game what will you name him or her?

Maxim, is such a cool name. And a very insightful magazine.

hottytoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime08091985 View Post
If she goes into labor during the game what will you name him or her?

How about Darcy? It's a transgender name.

11-17-2006, 06:34 PM
sacre_bleu

Three blocks from the arena ... well, more like four, really, are the $5 lots on Seneca at Michigan.

sacre_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 06:49 PM
billsandsabres
hyperbole ainec

heading down washington towards the arena, there's a garage on the left thats only $5, its about a 5 minute walk to the arena, and its a straight easy right hand turn out of the garage

there are usually guys waving flags, so its not hard to miss

can't beat it

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 10:31 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime08091985 View Post
Actually, Max was the baby's nickname before we found out that she's going to be a girl. This kid's going to be quite the Sabres fan...she's been to about 15 regular season games and every home playoff game last year, and she has not even been born yet!

Thanks for the tips on parking, I'll check them out in the upcoming games.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 11:21 PM
RobtC

I will never reveal my free parking secrets!

RobtC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:58 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by just hockeygirl View Post
We used to park in the ramp underneath the HSBC Centre. If you're heading down Washington toward the arena, it's the one across the street from the ballpark.

It's not a terrible walk, although I don't know how much Mrsace would be up for it as time goes on. But if you park around the back - when you go down the ramp into the lower lot, hang a sharp right & head all the way back - there's another exit that's much easier to get out than the main one is. (That's why we used to park there.)
We are going to the game tonight and I was trying to figure out the best place to park. We usually park in the bog lots on Perry right near the arena, but always find that leaving is real bad there. The cross traffic on Scott St. prevents the Perry lots from being able to empty.

I assume the HSBC Centre lot is easier to get out of and onto the thruway. Is the HSBC centre across from Dunn Tire park on Washington? Or is it the big building right across from HSBC arena? When you park in that back corner and exit the alternate exit, what street does it exit onto, and how close / easy is that to getting on the thruway?

Thanks for the help.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:55 PM
gaf
Occupied Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
We are going to the game tonight and I was trying to figure out the best place to park. We usually park in the bog lots on Perry right near the arena, but always find that leaving is real bad there. The cross traffic on Scott St. prevents the Perry lots from being able to empty.

I assume the HSBC Centre lot is easier to get out of and onto the thruway. Is the HSBC centre across from Dunn Tire park on Washington? Or is it the big building right across from HSBC arena? When you park in that back corner and exit the alternate exit, what street does it exit onto, and how close / easy is that to getting on the thruway?
Yup, across from Dunn tire, or the ramp right next to it. There is a ramp for the 190 really close to there. And its only $4.00 or 5.00 to park.

gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:51 PM
MikeD

Getting off the I-190 northbound at Elm take the first left and park in the lot immediately on your left. Its situated across from Dunn at the end of Seneca St. From the parking lot to the arena cross the street and you will find a set of stairs that lead down to parking behind Dunn Tire Park. path is shown in white on the bottom picture. Not a bad walk at all.

In the south west corner of the lot(closest to Dunn) you can exit to the left and getr right back on the I-190 south or north if I recall correctly. I normally take south so am unsure if the northbound is available.

Last edited by MikeD: 12-16-2006 at 09:36 PM.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 10:36 PM
cardiffgiant
Movin' on up!

vCash: 50
I've got a 24/7 pass at the exchange/washinton ramp for work, so I always park in a space there. The trick is which streets on the east side to use to get out of the area quickly.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:36 PM
willy0314

washington and division is the ramp that I use. Its about 2 blocks farther then the ones by dunn tire park, but its only $2 and there is no traffic down that far. Saving $3 over 40 games is an extra $120 in my pocket, and its still only a 5 minute walk.

willy0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Clock

vCash: 50
I actually park over at Mohawk and Washingon St at the Mohawk Ramp. It's free, and it's right at M&T Center where I work.

The walk isn't bad. Maybe ten minutes tops. The subway runs right along with it, so you can take it in (taking it out can be rough, as it's always packed). I wouldn't pay over $4 for parking, though... get yourself some peanuts or something!

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
do any of those lots you mention allow oversized vehicles, like extended vans? i'll be in a small RV, not much larger than a van, for the game on the 30th. I have been able to park it in "car" lots in Tampa, so I was just curious if I could do the same there.

y'all have it good if $5 is considered "expensive" for parking....wow! my regular lot is $8 at philips and that's the one of the cheapest going...i've paid as much as $15 (seen as much as $25) to park for thrashers games

thanks for info

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
do any of those lots you mention allow oversized vehicles, like extended vans? i'll be in a small RV, not much larger than a van, for the game on the 30th. I have been able to park it in "car" lots in Tampa, so I was just curious if I could do the same there.

y'all have it good if $5 is considered "expensive" for parking....wow! my regular lot is $8 at philips and that's the one of the cheapest going...i've paid as much as $15 (seen as much as $25) to park for thrashers games

thanks for info
I'm not a regular visitor, but there's plenty of space on Ohio St. and it's free.
It's a 4-5 block walk to the arena.
If I end up going to the Atlanta game, that's where I'll be parking.

BTW, I refuse to wear my Kovy Army shirt that night.

Jim Boeheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:28 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim View Post
I'm not a regular visitor, but there's plenty of space on Ohio St. and it's free.
It's a 4-5 block walk to the arena.
If I end up going to the Atlanta game, that's where I'll be parking.

BTW, I refuse to wear my Kovy Army shirt that night.
LOL...you do have one, though!
I'll have to check out Ohio st....hope my rv will fit! thx for info

Old
12-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
LOL...you do have one, though!
I'll have to check out Ohio st....hope my rv will fit! thx for info

Yes, I have one (Red).
If I see an RV on Ohio St., I come by and say hi.

Jim Boeheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim View Post
Yes, I have one (Red).
If I see an RV on Ohio St., I come by and say hi.
It's hard to miss

that is actually an old pic from last season, though...it no longer says "Tampa bound" on the back door LOL

Old
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
outcast_p

If your comming from swan twards the arena on washington there are ramps on both the left and right before exchange. Since i take the 190->90 home i find it easiest to park at the ramp on the right side.

I always go to exchange, make a left then make a left into the ramp and park on the ground floor. Its easy to get out. You dont have to fight your way down the ramp, you can make a right out of the arena, a right onto washington and then a right onto swan.

outcast_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:03 PM
LabattBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_p View Post
If your comming from swan twards the arena on washington there are ramps on both the left and right before exchange. Since i take the 190->90 home i find it easiest to park at the ramp on the right side.

I always go to exchange, make a left then make a left into the ramp and park on the ground floor. Its easy to get out. You dont have to fight your way down the ramp, you can make a right out of the arena, a right onto washington and then a right onto swan.
If you are going on the 190 south to the 90, it is quicker to go down Exchange, turn right on Smith and a left onto the 190. Even better don't park in the ramp, park in one of the two surface lots behind center field(easier to get out of vs. the ramp).

LabattBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:32 PM
MikeD

Quote:
do any of those lots you mention allow oversized vehicles, like extended vans? i'll be in a small RV, not much larger than a van, for
thanks for info
Yep, the lot I posted maps of allows over size. Your fee would be the same as any other car or truck.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Katana

Parking

I had a fairly painless experience recently parking in a surface lot off of Washington St. across from Dunn Tire Park. The other side of the parking lot is bordered by Main St. and the Seneca Metro Rail station. You can get on the train there for free and ride a few stops to HSBC.

Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
I had a fairly painless experience recently parking in a surface lot off of Washington St. across from Dunn Tire Park. The other side of the parking lot is bordered by Main St. and the Seneca Metro Rail station. You can get on the train there for free and ride a few stops to HSBC.
Ha!

That's where I park all the time too

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote