HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Sens. Nov 15, 7:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:59 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The problem is that we have 3 lines when Kassian is in the line-up.
To be fair, I only really want to see Grant on the PK and Conacher on the PP anyway, so that last line doesn't really need to get a lot of ES time.

Ideally our current 3rd line (or some variation thereof) would be our 4th line, and we'd add a proper 3rd line. Then it would make sense to roll all 4 lines consistently.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
expected to get destroyed. 0 confidence in this team.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:24 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
To be fair, I only really want to see Grant on the PK and Conacher on the PP anyway, so that last line doesn't really need to get a lot of ES time.

Ideally our current 3rd line (or some variation thereof) would be our 4th line, and we'd add a proper 3rd line. Then it would make sense to roll all 4 lines consistently.
Well what's frustrating right now is that we definitely have some ingredients for a good bottom 6. Smith, Pageau or Zibanejad work as 3rd line Cs. Smith or Grant work as 4th line Cs (don't think you're giving Grant enough credit). Neil has obviously been disappointing this year but I think his game vastly improves when you slide him into a 4th line role where he can actually contribute as a pugilists in 10 minutes or less a night.

Then there's the injured Condra who can slide in either side on either line. IMO, that's 4/6 spots adequately filled. We should be able to split the difference between Greening, Hoffman, Conacher, and who ever is left from the centers in Zibanejad (probably best he continues to learn the wing), Pageau or Grant. Of course, Kassian will get some games but realistically they can start limiting this.

I'd go Conacher-Smith-Zibanejad, Condra - Grant - Neil. Should be able to get some offense from that 3rd and give defensive zone starts to the 4th.

Gotta get them going somehow.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Kassian, Greening and Neil destroy any line they play on.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:27 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Well, Chris Neil is no longer a 3rd liner, he's a 4th liner.

And if he's a 4th liner, he should be the team's enforcer.

We used to need protection for him because he would contribute on a regular shift. Based on his play so far this year, that ship has sailed.

If he sits for 5 minutes, that's fine.

There is no point in having Neil and Kassian in the line-up anymore at the same time.

Neil should be on the 4th line, and we should have a defensively oriented energy 3rd line, whether that includes Grant or Condra or Smith.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
burf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Well what's frustrating right now is that we definitely have some ingredients for a good bottom 6. Smith, Pageau or Zibanejad work as 3rd line Cs. Smith or Grant work as 4th line Cs (don't think you're giving Grant enough credit). Neil has obviously been disappointing this year but I think his game vastly improves when you slide him into a 4th line role where he can actually contribute as a pugilists in 10 minutes or less a night.

Then there's the injured Condra who can slide in either side on either line. IMO, that's 4/6 spots adequately filled. We should be able to split the difference between Greening, Hoffman, Conacher, and who ever is left from the centers in Zibanejad (probably best he continues to learn the wing), Pageau or Grant. Of course, Kassian will get some games but realistically they can start limiting this.

I'd go Conacher-Smith-Zibanejad, Condra - Grant - Neil. Should be able to get some offense from that 3rd and give defensive zone starts to the 4th.

Gotta get them going somehow.
The only problem is that then you're sticking Spezza with Greening and Michalek, which has been a disaster this year.

I'd prefer to see:

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Spezza-Zibanejad
Greening-Smith-Michalek
Condra-Grant-Neil

Michalek showed some chemistry with Smith, while he's shown 0 with Spezza this year. Conacher and Zibanejad are both good puck possession players, which Spezza desperately needs on his line.

burf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Matt Kassian ‏@kassassination 15s

I totally would have won the hunger games if the hunger games were real and I got chosen.
Is his opponent momentum? He does a good job killing that.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by burf View Post
The only problem is that then you're sticking Spezza with Greening and Michalek, which has been a disaster this year.

I'd prefer to see:

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Smith-Michalek
Condra-Grant-Neil

Michalek showed some chemistry with Smith, while he's shown 0 with Spezza this year. Conacher and Zibanejad are both good puck possession players, which Spezza desperately needs on his line.
I should note that I've healthy scratched Greening. I'd love to get Hoff into the line up over him. Either that or swap Michalek and MacArthur for a couple games.

I like your lines though.

Last edited by FolignoQuantumLeap: 11-14-2013 at 01:52 PM.
FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Go Ottawa and Andy! Get some momentum back by smashing the Bruins and making a statement. Hopefully the defence can try and piece together a semblance of mediocrity this game.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Well, Chris Neil is no longer a 3rd liner, he's a 4th liner.

And if he's a 4th liner, he should be the team's enforcer.

We used to need protection for him because he would contribute on a regular shift. Based on his play so far this year, that ship has sailed.

If he sits for 5 minutes, that's fine.

There is no point in having Neil and Kassian in the line-up anymore at the same time.

Neil should be on the 4th line, and we should have a defensively oriented energy 3rd line, whether that includes Grant or Condra or Smith.
I agree, and in fact, with Boro, Gryba, Cowen and Smith on the team, we should have enough big boys (BTW what's the point of Greening again?) to make even Neil superfluous. At this point, I'd like Neil, not Kassian, to be the guy who's usually a healthy scratch and that you sometimes play against rough teams. Neil is no longer the high-energy, hard-hitting pest we used to know. And Kassian is of no use whatsoever.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL.

HfSens is killlin me today.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

There is no goaltender controversy at this point and good for Maclean sticking with Andy. He's got better things to focus on like fixing that zone D,getting better efforts from some individuals(hello Greening? Neil? Michalek?) moving the puck better from the back end and getting the entire team ready for puck drop instead of sleep walking through the first period. The skaters need to be held accountable

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 03:25 PM
SenzZen

Dear Sens D,

Only one of you is named Karlsson.

-Simple Play

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:24 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burf View Post

I'd prefer to see:

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Smith-Michalek
Condra-Grant-Neil

This would be my lineup as well. Although I'd call up Pageau and try him on the wing with Spezz and put Conacher on the third with Smith and Michalek. Greening can play on the 4th.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
expected to get destroyed. 0 confidence in this team.
....funny, that's what we were all saying before that Detroit game last month.

Maybe that embarrassment against Philly might light a fire under the guys. Playing for pride this time.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:45 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
The problem is that we have 3 lines when Kassian is in the line-up.
/Thread

What happened the last time Ottawa had 4 lines with strong center depth throughout? We dominated Detroit.

Zibanejad needs to go back to center. He is a dominant force at C and at wing you just don't see it. Especially with Spezza who instead of doing the simple plays in O-zone expects Z to float around until he passes him the puck.

Neil is horrible. He is basically a 4th line enforcer who is supposed to be the weakest guy on his line offensively.

xxxx-Spezza-xxxx
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Smith-Neil

Who plays with Spezza? Michalek and Hoffman. Zibanejad and Conacher have been proven to play very well with one another. Anyone remember the ridiculous plays they used to make last year?

Greening may drag that line down but in fact may benefit huge playing with 2 speedy north and south players. Condra and Smith > Neil in puck possession and offensive zone so it could work.

Quote:
Exactly. Therefore Ottawa should just flat out remove Kassian and AVOID Greening/Neil on the same line at all costs.

Kassian gives this team absolutely no chance to win. NIL. ZERO. Maybe in final stretch when everyone throwing out their enforcers for every inch. But for now... SCRATCH. HIM.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
In a shutout loss you have to start by blaming the goaltender, its just common sense. Anderson is the only reason it wasn't a 0-0 tie.
Yes. Why didn't Anderson score any goals…...

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
Yes. Why didn't Anderson score any goals…...
You know, I would love to see goalies unshackled from that stupid trapezoid rule. With the thinner pads, I'd be willing to bet a few of them could skate a few strides with the puck (maybe to the circles or so) and act like a third defenseman to get the puck up ice and generate more offense.

Be a lot better than what we see now with them simply stopping the puck behind the net.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Whippet

Bruins are brilliant tonight.

We're ****ed tomorrow

Last edited by Qward: 11-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Whippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:43 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
For sure. Can't believe Murray hasn't shipped out at least one of these clowns out yet. Should have been done 10 games ago. Hugely disappointed in you BMurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
/Thread

What happened the last time Ottawa had 4 lines with strong center depth throughout? We dominated Detroit.

Zibanejad needs to go back to center. He is a dominant force at C and at wing you just don't see it. Especially with Spezza who instead of doing the simple plays in O-zone expects Z to float around until he passes him the puck.

Neil is horrible. He is basically a 4th line enforcer who is supposed to be the weakest guy on his line offensively.

xxxx-Spezza-xxxx
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Smith-Neil

Who plays with Spezza? Michalek and Hoffman. Zibanejad and Conacher have been proven to play very well with one another. Anyone remember the ridiculous plays they used to make last year?

Greening may drag that line down but in fact may benefit huge playing with 2 speedy north and south players. Condra and Smith > Neil in puck possession and offensive zone so it could work.

Exactly. Therefore Ottawa should just flat out remove Kassian and AVOID Greening/Neil on the same line at all costs.

Kassian gives this team absolutely no chance to win. NIL. ZERO. Maybe in final stretch when everyone throwing out their enforcers for every inch. But for now... SCRATCH. HIM.
Not bad, except I'd like to see Grant in there for any one of Greening, Conacher or Neil. Need his PKing. 100% right about the Greening-Neil combo. It's just

Last edited by Qward: 11-14-2013 at 08:43 PM.
MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Senators65

vCash: 5640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats View Post
Bruins are brilliant tonight.

We're ****ed tomorrow
They are so brilliant that they are tied 2-2.

But i do agree that the sens are going to get dominated tomorrow.

Last edited by Senators65: 11-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Senators65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed

I swear to Karlsson if i hear "light a fire under" one more time im gonna lose it.....

Mika Zibanejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Old
11-14-2013, 08:42 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek