HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Canadiens, Dec. 21st, 7:30PM EST (RDS)

Old
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Or it could be Martin Havlat potting nearly two points a game, spending entire shifts in the offensive zone, creating momentum for the team to feed off of that is keeping them from our position. Without Forsberg in the line-up, this team's offense is inept to say the least.
2 points a game in only 14 games. They still managed to win some without him. Again, only 4 teams in the league with less goals scored.

Edit: 5 - forgot about us

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
emb24*

nittimaki played well.
don't fret you might get angelo esposito next summer

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
nittimaki played well.
don't fret you might get angelo esposito next summer

I'll puke if Esposito is a Flyer. He's a gutless ween, who has the luxury of coasting on talent alone.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:13 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Thats the thing, the hawks are not. There are only 4 teams in the league that have scored less goals.
For most of the season, they were not scoring goals, but since December started, it seems to have improved quite a bit

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
For most of the season, they were not scoring goals, but since December started, it seems to have improved quite a bit
Thats fine, you are correct with everything you are saying, in theory, but I think you are missing the point. Like the Flyers, they have lost their # 1 center for most of the season to date (handzus) and also have lost their best scorer for half the time (Havlat). Ruutu has missed about 10 games. They have had just as many injury problems as we have. They still managed to hang in there and hover around .500 as they have for most of the year. They are 6 and 5 in December, so it isnt like they just started winning all their games. I would credit that to Bulin stealing some games for them, and keeping them in most of the games he has played. I think the fact that he has 12 of those wins, and missed some time of his own is a credit to that.

Old
12-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Thats fine, you are correct with everything you are saying, in theory, but I think you are missing the point. Like the Flyers, they have lost their # 1 center for most of the season to date (handzus) and also have lost their best scorer for half the time (Havlat). Ruutu has missed about 10 games. They have had just as many injury problems as we have. They still managed to hang in there and hover around .500 as they have for most of the year. They are 6 and 5 in December, so it isnt like they just started winning all their games. I would credit that to Bulin stealing some games for them, and keeping them in most of the games he has played. I think the fact that he has 12 of those wins, and missed some time of his own is a credit to that.
Chicken or egg?

Khabby has some pretty good numbers, but Chicago's defense has been pretty solid as well.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89 View Post
You hate Niitty, congrats, you made yourself loud and mother****ing clear. But any goalie, and I mean ANY goalie would do no better playing for this team. Every goalie gives up weak goals, and ANY goalie would give up weak goals on a team that is THE ****ING WORST IN THE NHL. You need to stop living in whatever (crack) pipe dream you are and realize the team ****ing blows and would make any goalie look bad. Do you ever think that when (as you say) the "team plays well, he gives up bad goals" that hmm, maybe they're taking risks that pot more goals but also give up more chances against, and when "the team can't score, he plays good" that the team is actually helping out a bit defensively. It all goes hand in hand.

I still hold to what I said about the whole goaltending/problems/idiot thing.
Um, bite me?

You're actually trying to convince me that this team sucks? I hadn't noticed, thanks 'capn' obvious.

It's amazing, these ****ing Nitty fluffers, the same people with avatars bashing the good young talent this team has, yet can't admit that Niittymaki is an inconsistent goalie, prone to giving up weak goals after making the most incredible stops. What's so ****ing hard to accept about this? I don't care if every NHL goalie lets in a weak goal, just admit that Nitty does too! Although you'd have to take his dick out of your mouth to say it first.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:17 PM
wheeler1*

It looks like the Blues,Flyers,and Coyotes are battling it out for the number one pick in the draft, come July. I can't believe how the Flyers go from being so good , to being so bad in one season. The coyotes are always bad, so it's never a surprise for my favorite team.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Um, bite me?

You're actually trying to convince me that this team sucks? I hadn't noticed, thanks 'capn' obvious.

It's amazing, these ****ing Nitty fluffers, the same people with avatars bashing the good young talent this team has, yet can't admit that Niittymaki is an inconsistent goalie, prone to giving up weak goals after making the most incredible stops. What's so ****ing hard to accept about this? I don't care if every NHL goalie lets in a weak goal, just admit that Nitty does too! Although you'd have to take his dick out of your mouth to say it first.
meow!!

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
It looks like the Blues,Flyers,and Coyotes are battling it out for the number one pick in the draft, come July. I can't believe how the Flyers go from being so good , to being so bad in one season. The coyotes are always bad, so it's never a surprise for my favorite team.
Hopefully, it's just a one year lull for us... I can't take another season of this garbage.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:25 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Hopefully, it's just a one year lull for us... I can't take another season of this garbage.
If we get a good GM in here after the season, and before we start making moves, then I think we are right back in the playoffs and contending in another year or two at worst.

I dont see it happening with Homgren making the decisions though. Otherwise we will see him trading Carter and Richards for Pierre Turgeon and Doug Weight

Old
12-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Flyers_01

Quote:
If we get a good GM in here after the season, and before we start making moves, then I think we are right back in the playoffs and contending in another year or two at worst.

I dont see it happening with Homgren making the decisions though. Otherwise we will see him trading Carter and Richards for Pierre Turgeon and Doug Weight
The only thing i'm not sure of is it Holmgren or Snider making these decisions?

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:17 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers_01 View Post
The only thing i'm not sure of is it Holmgren or Snider making these decisions?
Neither of them should be IMO.