HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

Coyotes, FOX Sports Arizona announce long-term TV rights agreement (12 yrs)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
  #26
He Lied to Mario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
This. Considering that no details were disclosed, this is proably correct.
You PROBABLY are wrong.

He Lied to Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:54 AM
  #27
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
This. Considering that no details were disclosed, this is proably correct.
Just curious, are terms and financial implications for teams themselves usually disclosed? I know when the NHL signed a deal with NBC they disclosed the terms and financial aspects of the deal, but that is the league as a whole.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
  #28
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 20,641
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpetCleaner View Post
Just curious, are terms and financial implications for teams themselves usually disclosed? I know when the NHL signed a deal with NBC they disclosed the terms and financial aspects of the deal, but that is the league as a whole.
I know the Kings deal with FS was made pretty public.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...ox-tv-20120604

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:34 AM
  #29
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I know the Kings deal with FS was made pretty public.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...ox-tv-20120604
From your link:

Quote:
The new deal keeps the Kings on Fox Sports West through 2024 and guarantees the team about $250 million, according to a person familiar with the agreement who was not authorized to discuss the terms.
So unless someone leaks the information, it's safe to say that terms of these types of deals aren't made public?


Last edited by awfulwaffle: 11-13-2013 at 09:42 AM.
awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:26 AM
  #30
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Casablanca
Country: Morocco
Posts: 24,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpetCleaner View Post
So unless someone leaks the information, it's safe to say that terms of these types of deals aren't made public?
No, generally speaking the details are released be it league wide or individual teams, from webcast content to radio, national/local broadcast deals, PPV etc.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:06 AM
  #31
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Fugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pac NW
Country: United States
Posts: 31,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpetCleaner View Post
From your link:



So unless someone leaks the information, it's safe to say that terms of these types of deals aren't made public?

I've always seen the term released for individual teams, but not the dollar value in every case. We've had a difficult time piecing together individual team revenue from local contracts.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:18 AM
  #32
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Casablanca
Country: Morocco
Posts: 24,484
vCash: 500
^^^ ya, its inconsistent. One can usually easily find out what teams like Toronto, Vancouver, New York & others are receiving or producing themselves however starts getting iffy the further down the food chain you go. We do know that the Coyotes were receiving $4.5M per annum in the last year that Moyes owned the team as per public records through the Bankruptcy but really, Id be shocked, surprised if Fox is paying anywhere near that based on whats transpired over the past 4-5yrs along with the ratings themselves in Arizona which are pretty abysmal to say the least. As I mentioned earlier, Im thinkin they most likely modeled the Contract on the old NHL/Versus agreement.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:07 PM
  #33
He Lied to Mario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
^^^ ya, its inconsistent. One can usually easily find out what teams like Toronto, Vancouver, New York & others are receiving or producing themselves however starts getting iffy the further down the food chain you go. We do know that the Coyotes were receiving $4.5M per annum in the last year that Moyes owned the team as per public records through the Bankruptcy but really, Id be shocked, surprised if Fox is paying anywhere near that based on whats transpired over the past 4-5yrs along with the ratings themselves in Arizona which are pretty abysmal to say the least. As I mentioned earlier, Im thinkin they most likely modeled the Contract on the old NHL/Versus agreement.
Why would they be paying less? The ratings relative to that time have improved(not greatly, but have gone up) and the cost of these TV deals have increased at that same time.

He Lied to Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #34
wildthing202
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Douglas, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wildthing202 Send a message via Yahoo to wildthing202
Quote:
Originally Posted by He Lied to Mario View Post
Why would they be paying less? The ratings relative to that time have improved(not greatly, but have gone up) and the cost of these TV deals have increased at that same time.
Leverage, this wasn't done before the season so FSA had the Coyotes by the fuzzballs at the negotiation table. Not to mention there wasn't much demand so there was no pressure on FSA to get a deal done.

wildthing202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:50 PM
  #35
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Casablanca
Country: Morocco
Posts: 24,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by He Lied to Mario View Post
Why would they be paying less? The ratings relative to that time have improved(not greatly, but have gone up) and the cost of these TV deals have increased at that same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing202 View Post
Leverage, this wasn't done before the season so FSA had the Coyotes by the fuzzballs at the negotiation table. Not to mention there wasn't much demand so there was no pressure on FSA to get a deal done.
Basically what wildthing opines and if they did receive or will receive $4.5M++ per annum guaranteed on a local broadcast deal then absolutely they'd be trumpeting it with a full court announcement.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.