HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The It City ... (RTOTD v.3)

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Happy birthday, Viqsi! May this be a year filled with good things and happy memories.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:34 PM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

vCash: 130
The Jack In The Box "Munchie Meal" commercials are so obviously directed at stoners they should have just had jack rolling up a fatty

Old
11-03-2013, 12:11 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

lol, no doubt. I'm waiting on the "That 70's Show" circle.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:42 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

So a deer jumped out of a median and smacked into the left side of my car about 20 minutes from my apartment. At first, I thought I heard its skull shatter against my vehicle. Then, after having to get out of my vehicle through the passenger side, I found out that the shattering sound I heard was my left headlight - it was completely gone.

I had been talking with my parents about getting a new vehicle, now it seems like we don't have a choice.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:53 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

OK in Nashville, no game, just have to pick up stuff for my suit. Already had Sushi and Pad thai. Now, what's next?

Old
11-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Reading through headlines this morning and there is word now from the Miami Dolphins bullying situation that the coaching staff instructed Incognito to "toughen up" Martin and just underneath that is a middle school football coach being fired for refusing to change the location of a team party from Hooters and it really makes me cringe.

As a coach for over a decade at the high school, collegiate, and youth levels I'm appalled. If you are going to give that type of instruction to Incognito you cannot leave it open for interpretation. They are both adults and that is an instruction you might give in that situation in that environment, but in order to cover your butt and make sure that that doesn't blow up as it has you have to be very specific in what you want as a desired outcome and how far you are willing to see it go to get to that outcome and most importantly, you monitor the situation to make sure does not ever reach the outcome that has resulted in this case.

As for the middle school coach, when early in my career and coaching at a collegiate club level we always had a team dinner at Hooters just outside of Philadelphia at the league wide preseason tournament and took a team picture that was specifically known as being not for online publication. There was nothing wrong with the behavior at the event. Guys that had a beer or two (which was monitored) were of age. Our hotel was literally within eyesight and there was never any inappropriate conduct because we made it clear upfront and monitored the behavior both as coaches and through our team captains that that was not going to be tolerated. This is a MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM! That is completely inappropriate for a school based program. Open your eyes and use the thing between your ears.

People in positions of influence have to be leaders. They cannot act on their own whims without considering the good of the team and their choices and decisions should reflect positively on their program. That's not to say you don't have your moments and make bad decisions from time to time. People are human. But in both these cases there should have been red flags all over the place smacking you right in the face and saying, "let's stop and reconsider this" and they didn't. That's unacceptable.

Old
11-06-2013, 07:46 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
We never got any middle school parties when I played basketball. Okay, that's because our team won two games all season but maybe we would've played better with Hooters parties.

Old
11-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Just got a random ... Hello, the FBI reports that there is a home break-in every 15 minutes, if you'll allow us to put a sign in your yard ... *yawn* *click*

Old
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Interesting. The AdChoice directed toward me is in Spanish. I can't imagine how that happened!

Old
11-06-2013, 02:56 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Did anyone get some stuff from Walmart today?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walma...ry?id=20804317

Old
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
braindead

Sitting here at ace hardware playing jelly splash on my iPhone and wondering if I visit these boards too frequently....

Old
11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Anyone know where to go hockey skate shopping at in Nashville? A Game? All I need is skates to be able to play on ice and I'm joining the Lower C league starting at Centennial on Jan 4th.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:00 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Is the old Seanachie's restaurant building cursed or something? Reports say a man died falling from a third-floor balcony at the new Honky Tonk Central club.

Old
11-11-2013, 07:40 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Is the old Seanachie's restaurant building cursed or something? Reports say a man died falling from a third-floor balcony at the new Honky Tonk Central club.
Well that sucks. That place always has a lot of people hanging out on the balconies so I'm not too surprised some fell though.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I worked for Patricia Barker (the original owner), she was a wonderful person...

Old
11-11-2013, 10:27 AM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

Thank you to all of our veterans, and those who serve us now.

Its a testament to their effectiveness that the performance of our hockey team is one of our bigger concerns...

Old
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

aaawww Pink Floyd, how I've missed you ... now watching The Wall

Old
11-12-2013, 07:33 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I let myself slip so deep into sadness and depression last weekend that I took a bottle of wine and a notepad and turned the feeling of being without someone who had been there pretty much my entire life into poetry.

My editor got hold of my work today and told me, in no uncertain terms, that it was the best thing I've ever written (which says a lot, because I've been published). That was actually really satisfying.

Old
11-12-2013, 07:43 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Sometimes it's the tortured soul that produces the best work. See Beethoven, Cobain, Janis Joplin...

Old
11-13-2013, 09:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I let myself slip so deep into sadness and depression last weekend that I took a bottle of wine and a notepad and turned the feeling of being without someone who had been there pretty much my entire life into poetry.

My editor got hold of my work today and told me, in no uncertain terms, that it was the best thing I've ever written (which says a lot, because I've been published). That was actually really satisfying.
You know, my godfather who's a writer says the stereotype for writing success is to be an alcoholic, suicidal or gay.

Kinda tells you something.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

"I'm Ryan Ellis, I'm a time machine."

This is a great invention.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

OK went to the geek emporium board and it was too intimidating for what I think is a fairly simple question, so I'll pose it to any of you techheads on here and thanks in advance for any replies:

Ive got some Hilton Honor points to spend and I have the option of getting a tablet.

My options are

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 32GB

Samsung 10.1 Galaxy GT3 WiFi 16GB

Zeki 10.1 dual core with Google Play

the Zeki is the cheapest by far, with the samsung costing 3 times as many points and the fire 2.5 times the points of the Zeki

I would mainly be using it for internet access, which makes me think the cheapie would be best, but I am also considering adding Netflix.

what say you, TechHead Preds?

Old
11-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
OK went to the geek emporium board and it was too intimidating for what I think is a fairly simple question, so I'll pose it to any of you techheads on here and thanks in advance for any replies:

Ive got some Hilton Honor points to spend and I have the option of getting a tablet.

My options are

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 32GB

Samsung 10.1 Galaxy GT3 WiFi 16GB

Zeki 10.1 dual core with Google Play

the Zeki is the cheapest by far, with the samsung costing 3 times as many points and the fire 2.5 times the points of the Zeki

I would mainly be using it for internet access, which makes me think the cheapie would be best, but I am also considering adding Netflix.

what say you, TechHead Preds?
Anything less than an iPad is a waste of money. Use the points elsewhere if you can and get an iPad. If you have to go with one, a problem with the Kindle Fire is how it cannot use Google Play and cannot use Google applications IRC.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:50 PM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Anything less than an iPad is a waste of money. Use the points elsewhere if you can and get an iPad. If you have to go with one, a problem with the Kindle Fire is how it cannot use Google Play and cannot use Google applications IRC.
I can get an ipad (well, an iPad mini) as well but I already have a MacBook Pro and I was going to get something with a different browser than safari because I have Rhapsody music service and i cant use my Mac for transfers to my MP3 player

Old
11-15-2013, 06:15 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Closed Thread