HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin?

Old
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Bob Bastards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
People focus on this too much. He has 28 PIMs. As much as Koivu and Bonk, and less than Souray, Komisarek, Rivet. And only 4 more than Ryder, Begin, markov.

Maybe because his penalties, all 14 in 34 games, are real lazy...?
Its not really the amount of penalty but more the type of penalty he take.

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:14 PM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Pednault and Houde constantly bash anything not from Quebec, I wouldn't trust their evaluation on any player over any poster on HF.
i hate to read those stupid accusation ; For what i know , The two are saying that the third line is the more consistent and good line of the Habs this season . And from what i know , there are no quebecer on that line .

I know that they are generally to expensive about Latendresse , but they are far to be as you said .

Maybe you are the one who isn't objective , but againts the quebecers ?

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:18 PM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
People focus on this too much. He has 28 PIMs. As much as Koivu and Bonk, and less than Souray, Komisarek, Rivet. And only 4 more than Ryder, Begin, markov.

Maybe because his penalties, all 14 in 34 games, are real lazy...?
they are playing againts the best players , so that can explain that they are more penalised , but that's true that he 's sometime taking a 2 minutes ater doing a lazy move . By the way , Saku is taking that kind of penalities also !

Old
12-22-2006, 03:23 PM
buddahsmoka1

Imo he has been playing fine with the exception of one game.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:24 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I don't think he(Perezhogin) will be dealt anytime soon. If he doesn't score much he'll be cheap to re-sign and is still a solid NHL player, and if he starts scoring too, well, perfect. He's a win-win to hold on to at this point.
I agree with this, there's really no reason to trade him, unless we can get something that we absolutely need in return.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:41 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
If you're not with us you're against us, right? Sorry, I call them as I see them.

I hate their condenscending tone whenever they talk about any player in the Habs uniform. Not that many announcers around the league constantly bash their team like these guys do. Some guys are less often criticised then others but their target of choice seems to be Kovalev, Koivu, Perez, Ryder, Downey, Plekanec, ...see a trend?

Geeze, looks like I'm describing this board....

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
i hate to read those stupid accusation ; For what i know , The two are saying that the third line is the more consistent and good line of the Habs this season . And from what i know , there are no quebecer on that line .

I know that they are generally to expensive about Latendresse , but they are far to be as you said .

I hate going into the hometown thing, but sXe is somewhat right, how many times was it not Theodore's, or Brisebois's, or Bureau's, or Quintal's, or Latendresse's fault, and the list goes on. Meanwhile, guys like Perezhogin, Kovalev, Ryder are always ripe for the picking. How much undeserved flack did Hackett get? I still remember how badly they treated him, for no reason other then their lust for TheOpendoor.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:53 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I already regret having said that. I didn't want to highjack the thread.

As for Perez, he gets some flack , some deserved , some less but as long as Carbo thinks he can do the job he'll have his spot.

Plek and him aren't having a year like Higgins but who is? They're still good young and cheap players to have around.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:06 PM
antidot

Quote:
If you're not with us you're against us, right? Sorry, I call them as I see them.

I hate their condenscending tone whenever they talk about any player in the Habs uniform. Not that many announcers around the league constantly bash their team like these guys do. Some guys are less often criticised then others but their target of choice seems to be Kovalev, Koivu, Perez, Ryder, Downey, Plekanec, ...see a trend?

Geeze, looks like I'm describing this board....

Yes , you are describing this board , as well as the news paper , as well as the tv news .

You forgot the name of Samsonov , by the way . Exepted the name of Perezhogin , i am not surprise that they talked negatively about the players you named , because they are the ones who deserve it . About Saku , i can say that you are wrong , because they are high on him this season .

They said good things about Higgins , Huet , Koivu , Sreit , Souray , Bonk , Perezhogin - even if they were too cold about him -, johnson as well as Latendresse and Lapierre .

We all know that they overlove Quebecers , but that doesn't mean that they bash all the other players .

Old
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
antidot

Quote:
I already regret having said that. I didn't want to highjack the thread.

As for Perez, he gets some flack , some deserved , some less but as long as Carbo thinks he can do the job he'll have his spot.

Plek and him aren't having a year like Higgins but who is? They're still good young and cheap players to have around.
it's okay sXe .don't regret anything !

It's true that they are rought with Perezhogin , at least , more than he deserves .

For me , Perez is a very promising player . It's only about time before he starts to score a lot of goals . There is something in his game that is similar to the one of Higgins , last season . Don't you think ?

Old
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

the last 2 games he looked tired maybe he has the flu or something.

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Pascal

Something must be bothering Perezhogin. And I don't have any worries about him, he's a keeper. Give him a few yrs and he'll be a consistent 30g scorer with 2-way strength. He reminds me a bit of Lehtinen. He'll just need time to develop his confidence and the little things that make a difference.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Megaforce

If Paris Hilton married Perezhogin, her name would become
Paris Hilton Perezhogin.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Guy Caballero

Glass-half-full analysis:

Perezhogin and Ryder have been slumping (although I think Ryder's well on his way out) and the Habs are still winning games. It wasn't too long ago that a slump or two meant a prolonged mediocrity streak. This year we've endured slumps and injuries (involving key players like Huet, Kovalev, Samsonov, Markov, Higgins, and Ryder) and we're STILL near the top of the league. That says a lot about this team's depth and resiliency.

The powerful Hab teams of the 80s and 90s were built around this concept, and they won us two Cups. You've got to be excited about that.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ******** View Post
Perezhogin have been really good for us since the start of the season, but you can't deny is multiple dump a$$ penalty he tend to take almost every game...
Also he seem to have lost the offensive flair and look really tired for a couple of game, perhaps because he is sick, injured or simply tired.
I find it weird that he get into a slump almost at the same time as he did last year???

Kind of reminds me of a young Jan Bulis at times. Can skate well, potential to score 20, but has these mental lapses.

Actually, ironic as it sounds I would consider trading Prez at the deadline if the deal was right. Young players with that kind of upside generally bring a good price. Plus I think we would be better off resigning Bonk next year(cheaper than his current contract. no team will offer him anymore than 1.5 million), and playing Plekanec on his wing.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 07:31 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think they should start giving Perezhogin some powerplay time. To instill confidence in his offensive game. Once he has that confidence, I think he will produce more offensively.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote