HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...

Old
11-15-2013, 08:52 AM
jeety mcjeet

vCash: 500
I'd say no. We are witnessing a perfect storm of a season and while he's ultimately responsible it shouldn't tarnish his legacy. Lets no kid ourselves here the majority of the fan base was on the rebuild bandwagon from the start. We all knew that this could end of like Atlanta or Columbus or until recently the Islanders. Much as we all want to complain we'd still make the same picks (except maybe Yak, which sucks). We're all happy with Perron and Gordon. I understand the frustration, I'm there also. This is a dark, dark time for the team.

jeety mcjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:53 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

He played hockey before ?

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeety mcjeet View Post
I'd say no. We are witnessing a perfect storm of a season and while he's ultimately responsible it shouldn't tarnish his legacy. Lets no kid ourselves here the majority of the fan base was on the rebuild bandwagon from the start. We all knew that this could end of like Atlanta or Columbus or until recently the Islanders. Much as we all want to complain we'd still make the same picks (except maybe Yak, which sucks). We're all happy with Perron and Gordon. I understand the frustration, I'm there also. This is a dark, dark time for the team.
Many fans recognized it for what it was. It was no rebuild, rather, it was a team self-imploding from bad management, who coined the term 'rebuild' to justify their pathetic ineptitude.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
No, but he ruined our hockey team.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:02 AM
DisgruntledGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeety mcjeet View Post
A perfect storm brought on by terrible management and coaching hirings, suspect goaltending, a faulty defense that they've had five years to address and never have, and an empty prospect cupboard.

I was on board with the rebuild and feel we made the right picks. But 'rebuild' implies BUILDING something... I would not have been on board if I'd known that plan actualy involved simply making slam-dunk picks, throwing said picks to the wolves, and then doing **** all else.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:18 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
HAS HE? Like 4-5 years ago he was officially incompetent. I just didn't know any better at the time.

The Penner move wasn't bad. Every other thing he tried to do blew up in OUR faces.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
A perfect storm brought on by terrible management and coaching hirings, suspect goaltending, a faulty defense that they've had five years to address and never have, and an empty prospect cupboard.

I was on board with the rebuild and feel we made the right picks. But 'rebuild' implies BUILDING something... I would not have been on board if I'd known that plan actualy involved simply making slam-dunk picks, throwing said picks to the wolves, and then doing **** all else.
oh f--k, bang on Brother!!!!! my story as well.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Beerfish

The Oilers build a team like Homer Simpson builds a BBQ.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Kyle McMahon

It was fair to ask this question two years ago. By this point, and especially after the disgraceful press conference last spring, the answer is unarguably yes, he has. Lowe will be remembered much more for running a proud franchise into the dirt than for being a very good defenseman who won 5 Cups here. When there are serious campaigns being organized to erect a billboard demanding your firing from the team, the legacy is pooched beyond repair. Lowe is a pariah in this town, and will likely only be surpassed by Pocklington on the all time list of sports villains in this city.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 530
Anyone interested in doing a 'Fire Lowe' rally type thing outside of the Oilers office sometime next week?

Jesse Joensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
Anyone interested in doing a 'Fire Lowe' rally type thing outside of the Oilers office sometime next week?
I mean i would. but i feel that takes up too much time.....if we were smart, we'd chant fire lowe all of the first period tonight, and then leave anyway cus itll be 5-0 by the second

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:15 PM
shinchanyo

Woooooow at that vid of the front office guys. Insane things they were saying. They sound like complete fools. I'm enraged and I'm not even an Oilers fan

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:41 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post

Exactly.

Which is why the draft parties and all the other celebrating was so misguided. There was a minority on this board (myself included) who took a lot of flack for realizing (and speaking out) that drafting in the top 5 year after year was not even close to being enough.

Here we are approaching year 5 of this so called rebuild and the team has fulfilled the wishes of most of this board by drafting and high and the 'rebuild' has proven to be an unqualified failure.

Proving beyond a doubt that this so called rebuild wasn't a result of a well orchestrated plan but simply the result of extreme incompetence.

Its one thing for the vast minions on this board to blindly believe that the rebuild plan had merit. But the people I feel the sorriest for are all the season ticket/Mini pack holders who bought into this rebuild nonsense almost 5 years ago. Tens of thousands of dollars later and what did that support and patience bring about....unmitigated failure.

Here we are with the season completely meaningless and it is just November....50 games yet to be played and none of them really matter. Yet another meaningless season to endure and no accountability at all.

6 rings has been the one constant throughout this whole process...validating the direction and the details that it involved. He now sits comfortably in his office day after day enjoying his position as if he had actually earned it.

Disgusting.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Up the Irons

I was down with the rebuild. not sure if it could only go this way or if incompetence sunk it. we will never know.

Old
11-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

6 rings dingaling that is all.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Hockey Nightmare

This is why Lowe has to go. Some people defend him because he's not the GM anymore, and although he has oversight, he doesn't have as direct an influence on the team. But really, his "oversight" has resulted in almost 8 years out of the playoffs. Eight years. Yes, a bit of that as GM. If he is permitted to continue with such a record, then what that really means is that the position of President of Hockey Operations is a complete joke to begin with, because no matter how the "operation" performs, he's allowed to keep his job. How many presidents in the private sector get to keep their job after the company continually tanks? Even if the Oilers are doing reasonably well as a business entity, that is Patrick Laforge's purview - not Lowe's. And believe it or not, I actually think Lowe is a decent guy and an honorable man who does a lot for the community. I just think it's time for him to go.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The Oilers build a team like Homer Simpson builds a BBQ.

LMAO, great post.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Up the Irons

as more and more time passes, Lowe is receiving more and more criticism and blame. Gregor and Brownlee have been roasting him and Oilers' management for weeks. Especially now that they have fallen back to their 'tank-draft-wait' formula that has worked so well for them. Now, with fans discarding their jerseys, their failings have really come to light.

even the excuse-makes, like Stauffer, have resorted to the lame-*ss argument of: 'what good will firing him do', totally ignoring that he has done nothing to actually deserve employment.

Another 30th place finish, and even Katz might say: 'that's enough'. Can you imagine a five year record of 30th, 30th, 29th, 23rd and 30th and the Pres of Hockey Ops not getting fired!! wow.