HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2013, 09:06 AM
  #151
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,587
vCash: 500
MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno

Kimota is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:06 AM
  #152
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
I wish MaxPac would crash the net more, and use his big body more, I think most of us here would, but he's not that player. He'll lay the occasional hit, he had a few of them vs the Isles, but he's not that player.

He's a player that'll dominate possession, make his linemates better, shoots the puck at an insane rate, and scores goals. I think he'd be more effective with a right winger who'd go to the net. We all saw what happened when Briere went to the net vs the Bolts. In all honesty, if Galchenyuk were ready for center, Patches would have a lot more points right now playing with him and Gally.

What's funny is that when he's scoring 35 goals, 70 points, or leading our team in points, no one suggests we trade him. Especially when you realize you have a 70 point scorer for 4.5m throughout his prime. Quite frankly, he just hasn't had very good puck luck lately. Berkshire found that he's scoring on a mere 6% of his scoring chances, whereas over the past two seasons he'd score on approximately 17% of his scoring chances.

The goals will come folks, the goals will come.

Smoky Thompson is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:12 AM
  #153
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Do we know that for sure? I'm sure a lot of teams perceive us as wanting to trade PK because there's always some controversy about him in the media.

Pacioretty is just one of those players you watch and want to smash your TV in despair. If he had the intensity of Chuckie and Gally, he would put up 100 pts every year. I just think what we've seen from him is pretty much his ceiling.
Pacioretty is not Gallagher, but to be fair, nobody else is. Gallagher's drive and intensity make him who he is.

That's like hoping Eller and/or Galchenyuk develop into a Mark Messier center, then being pissed they aren't.

Pacioretty is as intense/physical as Galchenyuk if not more. With Pacioretty slumping and everybody being high on Galchenyuk, everybody on here completely loses perspective.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:13 AM
  #154
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
It helps when your team is filled with perimeter player? Having a PF also creates spaces for your linemates.
Then how come the difference between how maxpac's linemates produce when he's on and off the ice is greater than the same metric for Kane? Maxpac helps his teammates score more than Evander.

And that's taking into account Evander's level 3 power forward magic.


Maybe maxpac wears a ring of power or something. Would explain the healing....

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
  #155
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno
Holy **** is that ever bad for Montreal.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  #156
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
the point is having kane on a line with players like galchenyuk and gallagher would make it less likely for players like lucic to bully them around, that in itself is a pretty big asset. it would allow our younger kids to play their game much more comfortably

and not to take anything away from pacioretty but kane has more explosiveness in his strides, that being said patches is no slouch either when it comes to skating
You honestly think Lucic gives one **** about Evander Kane? Ludicrous.


And their skating is irrelevent when at the end of the day, one produces more and helps his teammates produce more than the other. Maxpac could be as fast as douglas murray, but if he still produced that well, it wouldn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno
Please stop.

overlords is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
  #157
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno

what the hell?? ahah. your giving up on Patches already?

attachetatuque is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
  #158
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You honestly think Lucic gives one **** about Evander Kane? Ludicrous.


And their skating is irrelevent when at the end of the day, one produces more and helps his teammates produce more than the other. Maxpac could be as fast as douglas murray, but if he still produced that well, it wouldn't matter.



Please stop.
LOl yea ur right lucic wouldnt give a **** but the same could be said about almost any other player he fights. kane is one of the best fighters when it comes to legit top 6 forwards. he'd definitively help protect gally/chuckie much more than someone like pacioretty would

TT1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
  #159
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
5.5M for a 23 year old we'd eventually use on our top pair? skillwise i would take myers over josi but when considering their contracts i would take josi
josi and myers are pretty much the only 2 top 2'ish players we could trade for and get an additional piece back to replace patches with

kulikov is a top 4 but he might have top 2 potential, we wouldnt need to trade anyone from our forward core for him most likely
How do you know Myers would be on our 1st pair? Myers has been a mediocre top 4 guy the past 3 years, taking on a 6.5 years of a 5.5 mil cap hit for a guy playing likea #5 d-man is not my idea of a good plan.

Neither Myers or Josi is close to playing like a top 2 guy.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
  #160
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
what the hell?? ahah. your giving up on Patches already?
Not yet no. But I would consider it in a year from now if he doesn't do better.

Kimota is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:22 AM
  #161
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno
nah dude....that bad....thats reeeeaaal bad

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
  #162
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
How do you know Myers would be on our 1st pair? Myers has been a mediocre top 4 guy the past 3 years, taking on a 6.5 years of a 5.5 mil cap hit for a guy playing likea #5 d-man is not my idea of a good plan.

Neither Myers or Josi is close to playing like a top 2 guy.
theyre both high end top 4 guys that have alot of potential to be top 2 dmen, that statement really isnt a stretch tbh. if you wanted to go after a legit top 2 dmen then you'd have to give more than patches up (we wont have markov forever unfortunately ). targetting players that have alot of potential like myers and josi is how you get more value for trades, id rather target those guys and get a piece back that would help fill pacioretty's void somewhat

but yea tbh id just rather keep patches and give up a player like beaulieu and a pick for kuli

TT1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:28 AM
  #163
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
nah dude....that bad....thats reeeeaaal bad
Well I like these two players.

Kimota is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:33 AM
  #164
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Not yet no. But I would consider it in a year from now if he doesn't do better.
He's played 10 games with a few of them injured. Still has 4 points. Will people calm the **** down?

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:37 AM
  #165
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
He's played 10 games with a few of them injured. Still has 4 points. Will people calm the **** down?
He's also scoring on only 6% of his chances. His average the past 2 seasons has been nearly 3 times this. The goals will come

Smoky Thompson is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:56 AM
  #166
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
dont forget, philly has been begging us to trade them beaulieu + 1st for simmonds for quite some time now. i would do beaulieu + a 2nd if we resign diaz
we need some toughness in our top 6 to compensate for our d-cores girly grit. and simmonds is actually a righty which is something that were gonna need once gionta's contract is up

pacioretty - plekanec - simmonds
galchenyuk - eller - gallagher
bourque - briere - bournival
prust - white - moen/parros

markov - subban
gorges - emelin
tinordi - diaz

easiest and cheapest way to balance out our top 6, poor man's e.kane


Last edited by TT1: 11-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.
TT1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:24 AM
  #167
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
source: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ulieu+simmonds

doubt they would take DD now =/

edit: the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
How about Gaustad and a third for Desharnais?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1539049 lets go celebreate

TT1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM
  #168
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 500
Looks like Pacioretty is the new whipping boy people want traded this week.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:04 AM
  #169
LeHaboholique
Registered User
 
LeHaboholique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oshawa ON,
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
so im hearing Rumors about a trade involving Pacioretty and Kane on Twitter, anybody know more then me?


Edit: Evander.

LeHaboholique is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:08 AM
  #170
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
I wish MaxPac would crash the net more, and use his big body more, I think most of us here would, but he's not that player. He'll lay the occasional hit, he had a few of them vs the Isles, but he's not that player.

He's a player that'll dominate possession, make his linemates better, shoots the puck at an insane rate, and scores goals. I think he'd be more effective with a right winger who'd go to the net. We all saw what happened when Briere went to the net vs the Bolts. In all honesty, if Galchenyuk were ready for center, Patches would have a lot more points right now playing with him and Gally.

What's funny is that when he's scoring 35 goals, 70 points, or leading our team in points, no one suggests we trade him. Especially when you realize you have a 70 point scorer for 4.5m throughout his prime. Quite frankly, he just hasn't had very good puck luck lately. Berkshire found that he's scoring on a mere 6% of his scoring chances, whereas over the past two seasons he'd score on approximately 17% of his scoring chances.

The goals will come folks, the goals will come.


I had hope Pacioretty turn into a powerforward like John LeClair. But its clear now that he's a perimeter shooter. You see him take all angle shots and never crash the net much like TOMASH PLEKANEC. Luckily Patches doesn't have a NTC so we can package him for Nail Yakupov.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
  #171
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
so im hearing Rumors about a trade involving Pacioretty and Kane on Twitter, anybody know more then me?


Edit: Evander.
Pacioretty straight up for E.Kane has as much of a chance as Philly getting Price for Simmons. Winnipeg would not trade their franchise player for a two tier winger like we won't trade our franchise goalie for a bottom 6 winger.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
  #172
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
theyre both high end top 4 guys that have alot of potential to be top 2 dmen, that statement really isnt a stretch tbh. if you wanted to go after a legit top 2 dmen then you'd have to give more than patches up (we wont have markov forever unfortunately ). targetting players that have alot of potential like myers and josi is how you get more value for trades, id rather target those guys and get a piece back that would help fill pacioretty's void somewhat

but yea tbh id just rather keep patches and give up a player like beaulieu and a pick for kuli
Again, with 5+ years left on his deal at 5.5 mil and playing mediocre hockey, I don't want Myers even if he was free. His downside is bigger than his upside.

Not sure why anybody would entertain trading our best forward on a great contract for a Gomez-like contract.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
  #173
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Pacioretty straight up for E.Kane has as much of a chance as Philly getting Price for Simmons. Winnipeg would not trade their franchise player for a two tier winger like we won't trade our franchise goalie for a bottom 6 winger.
Kane is not their franchise player.

If they were that happy with him they wouldn't be shopping him every year. I don't think they want to give him away, but Winnipeg would fly to Montreal this morning to pick up Pacioretty if they could get him for Kane. They would do it in a heartbeat.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
  #174
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Again, with 5+ years left on his deal at 5.5 mil and playing mediocre hockey, I don't want Myers even if he was free. His downside is bigger than his upside.

Not sure why anybody would entertain trading our best forward on a great contract for a Gomez-like contract.
you really cant compare the 2. myers isnt putting up offencive numbers like he was 2+ seasons ago but hes still solid defensively and hes still only 23. if he hits his ceiling hes gonna be disgustingly good, would be a steal

i wouldnt trade him straight up for patches but i would entertain a myers + high quality forward/prospect proposal
the easiest fix for us would be to just trade beaulieu+ for simmonds and resign diaz


Last edited by TT1: 11-15-2013 at 11:28 AM.
TT1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 01:08 PM
  #175
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
you really cant compare the 2. myers isnt putting up offencive numbers like he was 2+ seasons ago but hes still solid defensively and hes still only 23. if he hits his ceiling hes gonna be disgustingly good, would be a steal

i wouldnt trade him straight up for patches but i would entertain a myers + high quality forward/prospect proposal
the easiest fix for us would be to just trade beaulieu+ for simmonds and resign diaz
The problem is, you're talking IF.

A guy with 6 years left is wayy too big a risk for any IF.

Even if Myers improves there is no guarantee he is ever worth 5.5 mil/year(top pair money).

The guy has been trending the wrong direction since his rookie year, offensive numbers have dropped every year, playing time has steadily dropped +- has gotten worse every year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.