HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
live (Collberg #49 white)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Collberg had a chance to grab a good offensive role, but chose to try to be Mr. NHL All-Star and went to Montreal's camp instead. Meanwhile, other lines started to mesh. We'll see what happens after the WJC, hopefully he can get some confidence out of that, because he is always the best forward on the U20 national team. Right now, he should be happy that he gets to go on the powerplay, because he is getting absolutely nothing done on ES.

Team plays today (1 PM ET) at Lulea. Collberg is on a line with McGrath and Kahnberg, a duo that was really heating up prior to the break.
Collberg's future is with the Habs, since he has a 3 year deal that kicks in next season, so of course he would go to their camp, it's silly to suggest that he shouldn't have gone. If you had a boss from a future job tell you they want you at camp, what would you expect him to do?

Last edited by montreal: 11-12-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
http://nutjob.eu/njtvx10.html

live (Collberg #49 white)

Collberg's future is with the Habs, since he has a 3 year deal that kicks in next season, so of course he would go to their camp, it's silly to suggest that he shouldn't have gone. If you had a boss from a future job tell you they want you at camp, what would you expect him to do?
Thanks for the link Dan, but it's saying server not found. Do i have to download any of the many things it is asking me to? I'm suspecting not because I watched one of these games a couple weeks ago.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:22 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Thanks for the link Dan, but it's saying server not found. Do i have to download any of the many things it is asking me to? I'm suspecting not because I watched one of these games a couple weeks ago.
I didn't have to download anything, I just closed the little windows hiding the screen. Thanks for the link Montreal.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
NotProkofievian

Thanks montreal.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Grant McCagg

Working now...thanks.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Didn't see him much. Might have missed him do to fuzziness.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:36 PM
NotProkofievian

He had a few shifts that I saw. He looked alright. Moving his feet and all that. If he got to play with the puck, I didn't see it.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:13 PM
MonkeyBusiness

He's been skating hard on the backcheck and forecheck, the guy really wants more playing time and it shows.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He just had one shot on goal after a decent cycle down low. He's listed on the 3rd line for today's game.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
NotProkofievian

Collberg had a really good second period. Some nice moves off one rush, nifty work on one cycle leading to a shot on net, hard on the forecheck, knocked someone on their ass on a backcheck.

Old
11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Grant McCagg

This game was a good example of the stats not always telling the story. Collberg played very well today. Skating much better than he did in training camp, worked hard, made some heads up passes on the tape, forechecked and backchecked diligently, made a couple of nice plays with the puck.

by the look of things he's learning lots playing in the SHL - knows it will take consistent hard work and two-way play to succeed at the pro level. He was usually the first guy off on his line..was very conscientious of not being out too long..in fact the length of his shifts was almost comical at times..lucky if he went 30 seconds..no wonder he's not getting more points as it's tough to get many scoring opportunities in half a minute.

I think it's now fair to say the injuries were certainly affecting him during training camp.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

(Collberg #49)

forgot it was on at 1, Collberg listed on the 3rd line today.

Last edited by montreal: 11-14-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old
11-14-2013, 02:40 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
http://nutjob.eu/njtvx9.html

(Collberg #49)

forgot it was on at 1, Collberg listed on the 3rd line today.
Thanks for the link !

Old
11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

Nice shift from Collberg who deked his opponent, passed it to his teammate for zone entry, got it back, drew a penalty late in the game from the opposing D and passed it to his other linemate in front of the goalie for perfect chance for a one-timer.

Old
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
KRM

Probably his best game of the season today. Took just 16 games after returning from the camp...

Old
11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I couldn't see much of the game since I got tied up at work but from what I saw I thought he once again looked solid. He had one shot on goal that I saw from in close where he turned and fired, thought he was going to get one there but the goalie got as I don't think he got all of it but was a bit of fancy move.

Old
11-14-2013, 05:37 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
I couldn't see much of the game since I got tied up at work but from what I saw I thought he once again looked solid. He had one shot on goal that I saw from in close where he turned and fired, thought he was going to get one there but the goalie got as I don't think he got all of it but was a bit of fancy move.
The goalie was covering the net pretty wall on that shot ( the malkin-esque spin shot coming out of the wrap-around ?) and he would've needed to snipe it in a really small space.

I thought he looked good. He was active on the forecheck. Had a couple of good sequences offensively. Read the play pretty well and was often a good option for a pass on the breakout. He did a couple of good defensive plays, but he was also running around a bit at times.

Old
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
The goalie was covering the net pretty wall on that shot ( the malkin-esque spin shot coming out of the wrap-around ?) and he would've needed to snipe it in a really small space.

I thought he looked good. He was active on the forecheck. Had a couple of good sequences offensively. Read the play pretty well and was often a good option for a pass on the breakout. He did a couple of good defensive plays, but he was also running around a bit at times.
yes that shot, agreed the goalie was covering it well, would have been a beauty though had he sniped it. I have only seen a few games this year and he's been ok to good in all of them at least which hopefully leads to more ice time which hopefully leads to some production. With the WJC's some 5 weeks away, it should be a lot of fun to see how it goes for him. Perhaps with a big tourny he can carry that over to the 2nd half of the season. If not I wonder if the Habs plan on bringing him over to Hamilton especially if they make the playoffs.

Old
11-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Probably his best game of the season today. Took just 16 games after returning from the camp...
I sense some frustration here...but hey...it's understandable.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Not a huge fan of Collberg. He is very weak physically and is not an exceptional skater, either.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Not a huge fan of Collberg. He is very weak physically and is not an exceptional skater, either.
He needs to get stronger, most 19 year olds do, but I find he's a very good skater when not coming off a knee injury.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
It's not silly at all, especially in hindsight. We do have proof in hand now. His future boss could have predicted this situation. Detroit and Ottawa didn't make Jarnkrok and Silverberg, respectively, go to their main camps in 2012 and 2011.

Some quotes from Collberg after yesterdays game:

"After the knee injury, I was off to a good start in the European Trophy. Then I took off and didn't find the same flow."

"I didn't get to play a lot in Montreal and only got in three games there. It was mostly a lot of practices and it got my confidence down and things like that, but it was a fun and valuable experience."

"I don't regret going to the camp. I learnt a lot about how it works over there. I try to work hard to get back into over here and score my first goal. I want to get that great feeling back and I think have gotten it in the last couple of games here."

"I don't think I've been very good with the puck, I've been a bit timid handling it."

"After coming home from Montreal, I found myself standing around too much, which is a bit of a disadvantage (on the big ice). Since then, I've gotten my legs back, and my speed is something I really need because I'm not a big guy."

"I brought some energy back from the U20 national team. I'm on a good line right now with Kahnberg and McGrath and I'm feeling better every game."

Last edited by Systemfel: 11-15-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old
11-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
It's not silly at all, especially in hindsight. We do have proof in hand now. His future boss could have predicted this situation. Detroit and Ottawa didn't make Jarnkrok and Silverberg, respectively, go to their main camps in 2012 and 2011.

Some quotes from Collberg after yesterdays game:

"After the knee injury, I was off to a good start in the European Trophy. Then I took off and didn't find the same flow."

"I didn't get to play a lot in Montreal and only got in three games there. It was mostly a lot of practices and it got my confidence down and things like that, but it was a fun and valuable experience."

"I don't regret going to the camp. I learnt a lot about how it works over there. I try to work hard to get back into over here and score my first goal. I want to get that great feeling back and I think have gotten it in the last couple of games here."

"I don't think I've been very good with the puck, I've been a bit timid handling it."

"After coming home from Montreal, I found myself standing around too much, which is a bit of a disadvantage (on the big ice). Since then, I've gotten my legs back, and my speed is something I really need because I'm not a big guy."

"I brought some energy back from the U20 national team. I'm on a good line right now with Kahnberg and McGrath and I'm feeling better every game."
There's been rumours that the Habs are very high on him and thought he's closer to NHL ready than he actually was when they invited him.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Old
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post