HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Top 5 Coaching Jobs

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Top 5 Coaching Jobs

If you don't agree with his top 5/6, put your list out there...and remember Bob Hartley can't be on the list

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Old
01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I agree with that list

Old
01-21-2004, 03:00 PM
rbrooks

Send a message via ICQ to rbrooks Send a message via AIM to rbrooks
I know Bob McKenzie lurks on these boards. Why didnt Bob Francis make the list?

Old
01-21-2004, 03:08 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
If you don't agree with his top 5/6, put your list out there...and remember Bob Hartley can't be on the list

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp
I don't agree with the order.

Quennville should not be #1. I don't care about injuries, they still have Pronger, Tkachuk, Weight, Demitra, Osgood etc.....

I don't agree with Wilson at #2 either. Here is my list without Hartley:

1- Sutter
2- Julien
3- Trotz
4- Murray
5- Wilson

Old
01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Have to give alot of credit to Andy Murray for the job he has done. With all of those injuries, and to still have them fighting for a playoff spot, thats pretty good! They have lost alot of regulars for the season on that L.A. club.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:56 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister
Not really. They got off to a great start because Palffy was tearing up anything he saw. They've gone down downhill after that. The fact that they are still in the hunt is because of the start and nothing more.
They've gotten points out of 13 of their last 16 games with and without Palffy for half of those games. They went through a stretch without winning in 14 straight but they also only lost 3 of those games. They're hanging in there and it has a lot to do with Murray's preparation of this team. He makes them responsible and accountable for their actions on the ice. He makes absolutely no excuses even with all the injuries. He gets the most out of his team even if 4 of their top forwards are out. It's a credit to him and the team for battling every night and that is why they are sitting at the 8th spot in the West right now.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
They've gotten points out of 13 of their last 16 games with and without Palffy for half of those games. They went through a stretch without winning in 14 straight but they also only lost 3 of those games. They're hanging in there and it has a lot to do with Murray's preparation of this team. He makes them responsible and accountable for their actions on the ice. He makes absolutely no excuses even with all the injuries. He gets the most out of his team even if 4 of their top forwards are out. It's a credit to him and the team for battling every night and that is why they are sitting at the 8th spot in the West right now.

Thanks for having my back on this one!

Old
01-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I think Pat Quinn doesn't get enough credit. He has his team in first place in a very competitive division and has had a ton of injuries to deal with to significant players.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister
Not really. They got off to a great start because Palffy was tearing up anything he saw. They've gone down downhill after that. The fact that they are still in the hunt is because of the start and nothing more.
If by "Great" start you mean a 12-9-1-1 record, then yes, your right. Thats not exactly a great start, imo. The kings have been maintaining a steady pace with their record. They haven't exactly gone 'downhill' either since they're currently 18-14-10-5.

Kings have hit a couple bumps in the road (top 4 forwards out: Palffy, allison, deadmarsh, straka plus top 3 dmen out: visnovsky, miller, norstrom), but they have maintained a steady pace throughout the season, with or without Palffy. Andy Murray has been the key.

Heres a link to the accumulated season record.
link

Old
01-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I'd like to hear why McKenzie leaves Pat Burns off this list myself. Not even an honorable aftermentioning.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Have to give alot of credit to Andy Murray for the job he has done. With all of those injuries, and to still have them fighting for a playoff spot, thats pretty good! They have lost alot of regulars for the season on that L.A. club.
And all those injuries will amount to 600+ man games lost due to injuries when the end of the season hits.
If the Kings make it into the playoffs, Murray will without a doubt win coach of the year honors.

Closed Thread