HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I have mine pre-ordered. I'm getting either Thursday night or Friday after work. I'm just trying to see what the deal was for these midnight releases. They told me I have to come in on Thursday and "validate" my receipt. At which point I'll get a ticket or something to come back at midnight.

I want to go just so I don't have to go after work Friday, but I also don't want to be standing in a mob of children and their parents waiting all night when I have to get up for work in the morning.
Here is what is posted on GameStop's website.

Quote:
Our doors will open 6pm in most locations, but check with your local store for opening times. This title will be available for pick-up at Midnight.

Between 6pm and midnight is when we finalize your transaction. You will need to go to the register to receive your finalized purchase receipt. Finalizing the transaction is where we take your deposit, partial or full, and create a sale receipt. Our associates will assign you a Guest # to hold a place in line for you when midnight hits.

Don't forget to bring your trade-ins to take advantage of our great trade specials to reduce the price of your game. Everybody likes to save money!
You don't have to arrive at 6pm. You can show up anytime between 6pm and midnight. However, by coming early, you can get your trade-ins and transaction processed sooner and be assigned a Guest # closer to the front of the line.

Our staff will begin organizing our customers into line in Guest # order just before midnight so we will be ready to get you your PS4 purchases as quickly as possible when midnight hits.

Come hang out with our associates and fellow Sony PS4 enthusiasts as we ring in the next generation in video gaming! Our knowledgeable staff will be available all evening to answer any questions that you may have and assist you with any additional purchases. We will have a great selection of PS4 games and accessories to help you get the best gaming gear for your new console.

The Sony PS4 will be available beginning at 12:01am on Friday, 11/15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
While my official last week at GameStop is this week (great timing, eh?) My store has been expecting a zoo. We've been told over and over by Sony and their reps that they'd ship DOUBLE of what was pre-ordered (we had 104 PS4 pre-orders, do the math). We don't exactly believe that at all, but we have been telling customers w/o pre-orders to expect a few extras and to be here at midnight to snag them...and we did tell that to A LOT of customers.

EDIT: just asked my manager, they sent our store 10 extra for walk-up sales.

The downside IMO is that the company wants to move this product no matter what, so after the 48-hour product reserve guarantee, I believe stores will sell your system. I don't agree with it at all, and I don't think most employees do either, but our District Manager(s) want it done so we can utilize our Web-In-Store service.

The plus side of things...Sony seems prepared for this launch, and I feel like they'll be able to replenish a decent amount of stock in-store weekly leading up to Christmas. Microsoft I'm not so sure about, and we've basically been telling people to wait until February or so before they splurge on an XBone.
According to what I posted does that mean that in order to get one at midnight if you didn't preorder it you'll have to be there at 6PM instead of going and waiting until midnight in line?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Just went to a GameStop to get a DS4 and NBA. Asked the employee my question. If you're walking up you can buy them at 6PM and then you'll get your number to pick it up at midnight. Don't need to camp outside until Midnight. I have no idea how early you should lineup prior to 6PM though. Much nicer then sitting outside until midnight in hopes that you'll get one.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Shipping Now!

Old
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Got my "ticket" for tonight. I'll be cruising the PS4 in no time. They had a bunch of extras for those who didn't pre-order but they'll be waiting out there for a while.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Got my PS4. Took it home. Install complete. Looks good.

One issue I am having (which may be more me than the system) is with the wifi. I connect no problem. Run the test and it says successful or whatever and I have an IP address and blah blah blah. Then I go to sign in to PSN. Used the wrong password and it bounced me right back out for invalid credentials. Then I put in a different password, presumably the right one, and it loads and loads and eventually says "network connection lost" with an error code that says "wifi signal too weak." It's possible that my signal is too weak, but my PS3 worked fine and my computer, phone, etc. are all connected no problem.

Old
11-15-2013, 08:07 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
One issue I am having (which may be more me than the system) is with the wifi. I connect no problem. Run the test and it says successful or whatever and I have an IP address and blah blah blah. Then I go to sign in to PSN. Used the wrong password and it bounced me right back out for invalid credentials. Then I put in a different password, presumably the right one, and it loads and loads and eventually says "network connection lost" with an error code that says "wifi signal too weak." It's possible that my signal is too weak, but my PS3 worked fine and my computer, phone, etc. are all connected no problem.
I wonder if PSN was just getting hit too hard.

Come on guys, woke up expecting some sweet unboxing videos, or at least a few posts explaining your excitement as you setup your new console, how wowed you were by the next gen graphics, etc..

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Mine is coming after work.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:26 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
I wonder if PSN was just getting hit too hard.
That is what it was. I'm in now and loving it.

Quote:
Come on guys, woke up expecting some sweet unboxing videos, or at least a few posts explaining your excitement as you setup your new console, how wowed you were by the next gen graphics, etc..
Not too wowed by Madden's graphics, but Killzone is looking pretty damned good. There are some things that I expected to be better, but overall its pretty impressive. Madden seemed like it took a while to load (or at least longer than I thought it would), but Killzone is lightning fast. I downloaded the free games from PS+ and they are underwhelming.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:37 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
That is what it was. I'm in now and loving it.
Figured. Was there a day-one patch that you had to download? It looks like some features aren't available yet.

Here's a nice PS4 launch sheet - http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-...-need-to-know/

I expect XBL to be hammered next Friday, but I really hope we'll be able to get that day-one update downloaded and installed quickly. I don't want to be waiting until 10pm Friday night to finally play a game.

Quote:
Not too wowed by Madden's graphics, but Killzone is looking pretty damned good. There are some things that I expected to be better, but overall its pretty impressive. Madden seemed like it took a while to load (or at least longer than I thought it would), but Killzone is lightning fast. I downloaded the free games from PS+ and they are underwhelming.
Makes sense. I assume Madden was simply ported from PC and Killzone was built from the ground up on PS4.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Figured. Was there a day-one patch that you had to download? It looks like some features aren't available yet.

Here's a nice PS4 launch sheet - http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-...-need-to-know/

I expect XBL to be hammered next Friday, but I really hope we'll be able to get that day-one update downloaded and installed quickly. I don't want to be waiting until 10pm Friday night to finally play a game.
Yeah there was a day one patch. I downloaded from the internet on to a USB drive the day before so as to avoid the PSN crash. Went smoothly.

Quote:
Makes sense. I assume Madden was simply ported from PC and Killzone was built from the ground up on PS4.
Yeah, that's what I figure too. I wasn't expecting too much from the launch games, but Killzone does seem to be pretty sweet. If you got the system today and bought PS+ you get $20 PSN credit. I might buy Assassin's Creed or something now, or wait for the next wave of games.

Old
11-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

UPS box is sitting next to me in work. Time goes by so slowly...

Old
11-15-2013, 01:39 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
nice! enjoy your console!

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Go eat a couple bananas and chug some Sprite.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Krishna

PS4 is pissing me off. I got it at launch at midnight and tried for 5 hours to connect it to the internet when I got home, then 4 hours again last night.

When I try to connect it to the internet, it gets stuck on the Proxy Server page that says either Use Proxy Server or Do Not Use proxy server. No matter what you click, it gets stuck at this point and doesn't let you get past there.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:07 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
PS4 is pissing me off. I got it at launch at midnight and tried for 5 hours to connect it to the internet when I got home, then 4 hours again last night.

When I try to connect it to the internet, it gets stuck on the Proxy Server page that says either Use Proxy Server or Do Not Use proxy server. No matter what you click, it gets stuck at this point and doesn't let you get past there.
I turned mine on, set up the wifi and then was notified that there was an update to download and install. I did so and when it restarted after the update, it never turned back on lol. I got a flashing snow screen like an old NES.

I read online to remove the hdd, boot, turn off, replace hdd. I did that and it turned back on.

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

How are all your PS4's doing? What games are you playing? What games do you love/hate? Any sleepers?

Old
11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
How are all your PS4's doing? What games are you playing? What games do you love/hate? Any sleepers?
I haven't played all that much since Friday (and probably won't get to until Saturday) but...

I love the game Resogun (free and full form PSN). Very addicting and very hard.

Contrast (another full freebie from PSN) sucks. Haha.

Madden is ok but nothing special. Just a typical Madden. It does feel more realistic than other sports games I've played though. I don't know if that is just this year's Madden or if that is because of the new engine they used for the PS4. I also haven't played Madden since the early 2000s, I've been an NCAA guy. This is way more realistic than NCAA in terms of how the players act/react in game.

Killzone is awesome. The campaign and the online. I've only played a little since getting my PS4, but it is truly impressive. Short loads and very attractive graphics.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

So PS4 is pleasing?

11-19-2013, 04:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So PS4 is pleasing?
I'm not complaining, that's for sure. The launch games were seemingly underwhelming, but I am very happy with Killzone. I also am thinking about getting AC4 because I heard it was pretty good, but I wanna get my fill of Killzone first.

I am looking forward to Metal Gear 5, The Order, and all next year's sports games (NHL, NCAA or whatever college game they might make, F1, and MLB).

Old
11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So PS4 is pleasing?
It's 1080 p - how can that NOT be pleasing.... Xbone only 720... shame... Next Gen!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I picked up NBA 2k14, Killzone, AC4, and BF4. So far NBA is by far my favorite game. I am not really a big fan of the NBA but this game is just so beautiful. I truly enjoy playing it. I have only started playing Killzone and AC4 today. Killzone looks good but the game takes some getting used to. Assassins Creed seems like it's pretty much the same as 360. The only game that I have for both the Current Gen and Next Gen is Battlefield. I can't tell much of a difference but at the same time I haven't gone back to the 360 version. The one night that I tried to play it a lot I wasn't able to because the game kept crashing for both me and my buddy. I haven't put it back in yet and tried. Need to find some time where I can spend a few hours on the games.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

After reading everything, I think I'm going to go with the PS4. I'm not in a dire need for it so when will be appropriate time that I could just casually walk into a store & pick one up without worrying about it not being unavailable?

I had a 360 last go around & the lack of a baseball game really killed it for me (2K's version of it were terrible & the same every year almost). I've been missing The Show ever since I had it on PS2.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM
FLYguy3911

I've been playing 2k pretty much most of the time. Madden is a minimal upgrade and when you compare it to the jump 2k made, it's depressing. Cod is Cod. Just got BF4 in the mail today, so I'll see what that's all about. I hear it's pretty tough for noobs like myself. Up to 66 play matches though? Sign me up.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:01 PM
FLYguy3911

Also, am I the only one who finds it really annoying you get notifications for everything but when your friends sign on? Who thought that was a good idea.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Also, am I the only one who finds it really annoying you get notifications for everything but when your friends sign on? Who thought that was a good idea.
Only have one friend haha so I don't have that problem.

Battlefield is a mess currently. I've "played" (aka tried to get in a game or played half a game before getting kicked out and not getting any xp) for probably 4/5 hours so far. I've completed probably 4 or 5 games and that includes joining towards the end of a match. I can't play it until they fix the servers. Not to mention it's impossible to play with a friend.

I gave up on the PS4 version for now and put my 360 version back in. Had no trouble joining games with my friends and I haven't had any problems staying in games.