HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourque

Old
11-14-2013, 02:46 PM
weeze

vCash: 500
Bourque

I know he is struggling offensively (as every other Pred is) right now but he has shown me some real toughness and sticking up for his team mates. When Josi was hit by Downie who retaliated, Weber and Bourque. He jumped right on Downie and started beating on him. Then when Jones was checked into the boards, who jumped on the offender, Weber and Bourque again. We expect Weber to do those things being the Captain but seeing Bourque jump right in there and stick up for his team mates was very cool to see. To me that is Predator toughness, not Clune looking to fight anyone every game. Would like to see more real Predator toughness for team mates like Hornqvist when he gets hammered in front of opposing teams goalies, someone needs to step in and man up for him. We see it happening on other teams but not for Horny.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:55 PM
token grinder

re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 03:33 PM
weeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.
You are correct, I do remember that Leggy did jump in and stick up for Horny on a few occasions. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 03:36 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Pulling out all the stops in his contract year. $ hungry

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

lol, he's damned either way.

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:30 PM
PFL615

Yep he has a nack for doing all the little things and being decent in a contract year. Sorry but i just wanted a lot more out Legwand over his career based on where he was drafted.

Old
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Yep he has a nack for doing all the little things and being decent in a contract year. Sorry but i just wanted a lot more out Legwand over his career based on where he was drafted.
I've never liked that argument. He was drafted number 2 because that's where scouting put him. Hes been a solid two-way player for us since 1999. I don't care where he was drafted, that's impressive.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:29 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.
Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. Legwand is a good player, not a generational talent or even a go to guy. It has been 15 years. Time to accept it. by this same logic, Horquist, Rinne, Erat, etc. should never have sniffed the NHL

Old
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
dulzhok

Quote:

Yes his .5 ppg last year was just fabulous, and lead us to the magical land of lottery picks.

We'll see if Legwand keeps up the same scoring clip.. a clip only matched during his last contact year 7 freakin' years ago.

He definitely has an extra gear that he selectively uses-- typically playoffs and contact years. Unfortunately, I've seen the other 12 seasons where he hasn't used that gear.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Bourque showed in the past that he is capable of more than we're seeing from him this season. The forechecking and sticking up for teammates is great, but, he needs to produce. Harnessing the talent and using it to get the job done is an issue for several of our youngsters this season.

The argument that Legwand only performs in contract years is erroneous. His best season statistically was 06-07, his contract year was 07-08. He's had several stretches of play over the past couple seasons that were better statistically than the one he's on now.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 12:28 PM
token grinder

honestly, Bourque does nothing for me. He forechecks well, and thats about it. He showed flashes last year, but that is it. He is a moveable piece IMO, and just as redundant as a number of bottom sixers.

Old
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
honestly, Bourque does nothing for me. He forechecks well, and thats about it. He showed flashes last year, but that is it. He is a moveable piece IMO, and just as redundant as a number of bottom sixers.
Agree, does nothing for me either. He'd be bottom 6 on any other team.

As far as sticking up for Horny......he's a one trick pony.
Bread and butter is in front of the goalie just like Holmstrom. Getting dumped and face washed is part of it.
Gets over-board some games, sure, but no need to fight every other possession over it.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
PFL615

Quote:
I would sure rather have Bourque over Clune, Hendricks, and Nystrom.

Old
11-15-2013, 02:40 PM
token grinder

Quote:
I would sure rather have Bourque over Clune, Hendricks, and Nystrom.
I think I would rather have Nystrom and Hendricks than him. So let's get rid of Clune. We need to trim the bottom six fat

Old
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
I think I would rather have Nystrom and Hendricks than him. So let's get rid of Clune. We need to trim the bottom six fat
We've had increasing bottom six fat for a few years now. This offseason we went to a KFC all-you-can-eat buffet and added that much more. Now comes the trimming down process. I hope...

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 03:49 PM
thecloser

i'd rather keep clune and nystrom.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Quote:
Pulling out all the stops in his contract year. $ hungry
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I've never liked that argument. He was drafted number 2 because that's where scouting put him. Hes been a solid two-way player for us since 1999. I don't care where he was drafted, that's impressive.
Quote:
Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. Legwand is a good player, not a generational talent or even a go to guy. It has been 15 years. Time to accept it. by this same logic, Horquist, Rinne, Erat, etc. should never have sniffed the NHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Yes his .5 ppg last year was just fabulous, and lead us to the magical land of lottery picks.

We'll see if Legwand keeps up the same scoring clip.. a clip only matched during his last contact year 7 freakin' years ago.

He definitely has an extra gear that he selectively uses-- typically playoffs and contact years. Unfortunately, I've seen the other 12 seasons where he hasn't used that gear.
"B-O-U-R-Q-U-E" sure is a funny way of spelling Legwand.

11-16-2013, 05:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
"B-O-U-R-Q-U-E" sure is a funny way of spelling Legwand.
Haha welcome to hockeys future.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote