HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best Hockey Chirps

Old
10-25-2013, 02:05 PM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 500
I don't ref beer league but that seems to be easier with the chirping as coaches, parents haven't been too happy after the ask their 10-14 yr old kid what the ref is saying to them

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Was on the line for a game today and a player called another player a "Chernobyl victim"

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM
MNWild9

Hey nice goal celebration did you tweet it yet.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Miss Misery

vCash: 564
One of the funniest ones I've heard came from a parent to me whilst officiating.

They threw their phone on the ice (an iPhone nonetheless, not some cheap one) and told me to use it to make some calls.

I had a hard time keeping a straight face skating it over to the penalty benches.

11-09-2013, 02:27 AM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Not a chirper at all, but I had a guy with a Napolean complex look me straight in the chest beaking at me. I told him to "Stand up and say that" He lost his frieking mind. The best part was the ref was killing himself laughing.

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

From the "simple but effective" file...

The other night we're playing in a game, and one of the guys on the other team dives to draw a penalty. He and his teammate skated by me after the fact, and he was doing this high-pitched, mocking laugh (so only his teammate could hear) and saying how he'd drawn the penalty by diving.

So as luck would have it, a little later, he takes a penalty of his own (for a pretty blatant hook). As he skates by our bench complaining to the ref, I cut my own version of his little high-pitched, mocking laugh...only a lot louder. Picture it as something from about the 0:03 mark of this video.

The guy lost his nut. Our bench had a good chuckle. Not a chirp, more of a troll, but nonetheless.

11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
From the "simple but effective" file...

The other night we're playing in a game, and one of the guys on the other team dives to draw a penalty. He and his teammate skated by me after the fact, and he was doing this high-pitched, mocking laugh (so only his teammate could hear) and saying how he'd drawn the penalty by diving.

So as luck would have it, a little later, he takes a penalty of his own (for a pretty blatant hook). As he skates by our bench complaining to the ref, I cut my own version of his little high-pitched, mocking laugh...only a lot louder. Picture it as something from about the 0:03 mark of this video.

The guy lost his nut. Our bench had a good chuckle. Not a chirp, more of a troll, but nonetheless.
One of my teammates had his tooth chipped from a high-stick which went without a call. He complained to the ref about not watching and seeing it (the game was pretty chippy, as they always are between the two teams) and ended up with an unsportsmanlike conduct call on himself. So of course one of their players went over and started mocking him about his tooth and the way the calls went. Our guy usually loses his temper but the surprise of the dude acting like a dick made the whole thing a combination of and and and especially

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:31 PM
99gecko

One of my favorites was to say to the player while you're lining up, "What are doing here? You know the warm-up's over, right?".

If I'd rock someone really hard in the first couple of shifts, while he's down I'd like to give him the, "I'm gonna be using you to clean the ice all nite - get used to it".

A few times I'd like to rub it into defenceman's nose if I'd beat them bad one-on-one, and we'd scored because of it. I'd skate by him, point to the blue-line or wherever I'd owned him, and say "if you're looking for your panties, they're over there", or "you left your panties in the corner", or something similar. They're usually too embarrassed to say anything back.

But one time I got it back right away. After giving the guy the panties chirp, right away he snaps at me, "they're your girlfriends. I'm trying to give them back". It was about 10 seconds before I could even smile - I couldn't wrap my head around how he was trashing me after he got beat for a goal. I skated to our bench sat down put my head between my knees so no one could see me and howled.

The best I ever got from a ref was when I was after him when he called me on a weak penalty. I argued all the way to the box, when he says to me, "now you've got two minutes to spend reading the rule book".

The best I heard I got from an opposing player. He was a heavier guy and I beat him to a loose puck to get a shot on his goalie. As we coasted to the benches I tell him, "Yeah I don't thing your goalie wants you wolfing down donuts on the bench anymore".

He comes right back with, "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet". Both benches burst out laughin.

cheers

99gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
sjmay*

Best one I've heard was while lining a Under 19 Women's Regional game, during warmups two girls were getting....a bit too friendly we noticed on the bench, nothing was made of it, game went on, halfway through the game, one of the girls gets a penalty and just unloads on the ref, 30 seconds of ******* this, and ******* that, etc, she ends it with saying you mf popiscle (hopefully you get the drift) and the ref looks at her, deadpans, "well, one of us has to be" and skates away,

10 min later after everyone calmed down and me and the other linesman could stand up, we restarted the game...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

SOme of these are gold, thanks for sharing guys.

I am not a chirper, not that I can't think of good ones, I just find myself when I am chirped it makes me dig down more and want to win even more... I would be concerned if I chirped it would have the same effect on the other team, that they would hate us/my team and play more chippy/whatever to win... I know I do that.

Chirping never bothered me or got me off my game, I can appercaite a good chirp... I am more likely to have a **** eating grin and wink at someone than chirp...

just don't think it's good to push the other teams buttons and possibly "poke the bear" so to speak... but I have seen it be effective on people too so I can see why people use the tactic, just not for me.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Suc lalem
Rookie User

Stone hands

Hey bud can I borrow your hands, I need a stone for my skates.

Suc lalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:47 PM
PGCougar
almostcanadian

I just like to chirp at the players on my team who scored less goals than me. I only played six games (5 goals) of hockey ever so I can't really chirp on anyone else...

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gecko View Post
One of my favorites was to say to the player while you're lining up, "What are doing here? You know the warm-up's over, right?".

If I'd rock someone really hard in the first couple of shifts, while he's down I'd like to give him the, "I'm gonna be using you to clean the ice all nite - get used to it".

A few times I'd like to rub it into defenceman's nose if I'd beat them bad one-on-one, and we'd scored because of it. I'd skate by him, point to the blue-line or wherever I'd owned him, and say "if you're looking for your panties, they're over there", or "you left your panties in the corner", or something similar. They're usually too embarrassed to say anything back.

But one time I got it back right away. After giving the guy the panties chirp, right away he snaps at me, "they're your girlfriends. I'm trying to give them back". It was about 10 seconds before I could even smile - I couldn't wrap my head around how he was trashing me after he got beat for a goal. I skated to our bench sat down put my head between my knees so no one could see me and howled.

The best I ever got from a ref was when I was after him when he called me on a weak penalty. I argued all the way to the box, when he says to me, "now you've got two minutes to spend reading the rule book".

The best I heard I got from an opposing player. He was a heavier guy and I beat him to a loose puck to get a shot on his goalie. As we coasted to the benches I tell him, "Yeah I don't thing your goalie wants you wolfing down donuts on the bench anymore".

He comes right back with, "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet". Both benches burst out laughin.

cheers

Dude you're a bad-ass.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 989
I've used the panties one that guy described before. Where do you play dude haha?

Honestly, the best chirp ive found that pisses everyone off is to skate by laugh shake your head and give a settle "You're ****ing awful". Simple, yet effective

Newfy IceCapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:48 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

My go to chirp after someone messes up on a routine play "Is this your first time playing?"

Usually not too happy about it

pdogfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Had one the other day. I play for my CA (Chartered Accounting) firm in a league made up of other firms and one team that's made up of all CMAs (Certified Management Accountants). We always have pretty solid games against each other and love to give each other **** the whole game. There's always a rivalry between the professions in just about anything. I was playing right wing and their left winger loved to talk, never said anything substantial just really enjoyed the sound of his own voice.
He was the last guy back to pick up the puck in his end on the PP and I was pressuring him. He tries a boneheaded cross-ice pass with me right in the lane, flubs it, I pick it off and score. We go to centre ice for the faceoff and he's quiet so I look over at him and say, "Now I see why you're only a CMA." He was livid, my teammates - and his - lost it.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 04:18 PM
wondeROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post

Honestly, the best chirp ive found that pisses everyone off is to skate by laugh shake your head and give a settle "You're ****ing awful". Simple, yet effective
There's a difference between chirping and just being a total dick.That's a douchey thing to say, especially in beer league.It's not like you're in the NHL bud.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
There's a difference between chirping and just being a total dick.That's a douchey thing to say, especially in beer league.It's not like you're in the NHL bud.

Depends on the target, IMO.

If you get a good player on an off day or when things are going well for him, it's obvious that he's not really awful and it could be funny/usual banter. On the other hand, saying it to someone who clearly is out of his comfort zone or playing above his abilities is completely unnecessary. That's like shelling a team and then laughing at them; what's the point?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:20 PM
wondeROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Depends on the target, IMO.

If you get a good player on an off day or when things are going well for him, it's obvious that he's not really awful and it could be funny/usual banter. On the other hand, saying it to someone who clearly is out of his comfort zone or playing above his abilities is completely unnecessary. That's like shelling a team and then laughing at them; what's the point?
Yes, but I get the feeling he's not saying this to guys who are lighting the lamp all night.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

I find the ones along these lines work very well:

"You really don't have a handle on this."
"You're god awful. I really mean that."
"You're outright terrible at hockey."
"Stop embarrassing yourself. Please stop this."

Starbuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 04:34 AM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Stealing this from another forum:

"Your mom buys sub-par groceries."

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
kento19
@kento19

My first year of junior some goon said something about how he could have dominated AAA if he had to play it. I told him he wouldn't be able to spell AAA.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:58 AM
madguitarist

Some guy at a game a few weeks ago, started singing "Three Blind Mice" out loud on the bench after a few blown calls. The ref lost his mind, and gave him a game misconduct. Everyone else, was howling.

Last edited by madguitarist: 11-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
madguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Hallzy4

My left nut dangles more than you!

Hallzy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Mikey 48
NuthinButA'DrejThang