HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers should make a move for Kulikov

Old
11-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Defense and Goaltending has been fine. Scoring has been the problem. Unless we can trade Luke schenn + for Kulikov then no sense in making this trade when we need to keep our forward depth.
This was my thinking as well. The 2 teams trade different TYPES of D-men. Schenn playing with a PMD like Campbell would really help him.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Curufinwe

Simmonds isn't doing much scoring this season. I think he could be replaced.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 05:32 PM
flyerfanish

Kulikov - Great idea
Trading Voracek? Thats where I stopped reading.

flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:35 PM
JayB

Gustaffson+Meszaros+pick+b-prospect. Not more.

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Grossman
Kulikov-Schenn
Gill

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:43 PM
LegionOfDoom91

for even bringing up the notion of trading Voracek for Kulikov.

I would look at Kulikov as a possible target in the offseason but I wouldn't give up much for him let alone our best player not named Claude Giroux. Kulikov's been garbage the last two seasons.

Most I would do is Simmonds for Kulikov & a pick.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Flyers should make a move for Kulikov.
...except we shouldn't.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
...except we shouldn't.
Correct, unless it was a clear win.

Adding names like Voracek. I'm cekking out.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:08 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanish View Post
Kulikov - Great idea
Trading Voracek? Thats where I stopped reading.
Well thanks for basically getting through just about the entire article. :p

I'm just not personally sold on Voracek. Really haven't been even with his season last year.

Do I like him better than Carter? Sure.

But overall, I've just never been a fan. I also said in the piece that he has more potential than Kulikov does so this trade likely won't be Voracek for Kulikov straight up. The Panthers would obviously add and I think they have some quality pieces that could benefit Philadelphia.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:56 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Unless they take Meszaros it wont happen. Who else would you take off the blueline? I am not interested in trading Gus for him. you should not be trading a cheap dependable defenseman for a defenseman whos about to be paid next offseason.
besides as someone as mentioned already, he has struggled this season. just stay away.
Just waive Mesz and bury his ass in the minors. Gus has to sit in the press box for a couple of games.... maybe even a little longer but guess what? there will be injuries as the season moves on. There is definitely room for Kulikov on this roster and Florida may just find a replacement somewhere else. That's a non issue!

If the Panthers are selling low right now they better make an offer because after the season they will have to replace Timonen and might be desperately looking for exactly that kind of player.

Last edited by dats81: 11-16-2013 at 06:02 AM.
dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
If the Panthers are selling low right now they better make an offer because after the season they will have to replace Timonen and might be desperately looking for exactly that kind of player.
If the panthers are selling low, Brian Campbell is who they should go after. He easily replaces Timonen at a few years younger and only $1.1 million more a year. His contract will scare a lot of other teams away so the price wouldn't be that high for a legitimate 1st pair defensemen. He also would provide the perfect transition to the younger guys already in the system as he is signed for only two more years.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 08:45 AM
flyerfanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnTHW View Post
Well thanks for basically getting through just about the entire article. :p

I'm just not personally sold on Voracek. Really haven't been even with his season last year.

Do I like him better than Carter? Sure.

But overall, I've just never been a fan. I also said in the piece that he has more potential than Kulikov does so this trade likely won't be Voracek for Kulikov straight up. The Panthers would obviously add and I think they have some quality pieces that could benefit Philadelphia.
Well, trading Voracek a year like this, when he's having a rough start, for someone having his 2nd ****** year is how you lose trades. Just look at the JVR trade. If we were to trade Voracek, i think it wouldve had to be for someone like Yandle, but that ship has sailed.

Tbh, if it was just Voracek vs Carter, I'd prefer Carter. But luckily, we got coots aswell, making the trade quite loopsided.

flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Only if Meszaros is dumped and even then Kulikov's value in Florida's mind is probably way higher then it actually is considering his performance in his career to date.
exactly. not interested in dealing for Kulikov unless they take Meszaros.
trading a forward for him would dumb.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Gert B Frobe

I'm not opposed to Russian players - the problem is unless they've proven that they want the Stanley Cup so badly they would kill for it you just never know. Guys like Voracek are much more of a known quantity as he has proven his compete level and desire to win goes up dramatically in the playoffs. Kulikov? Who the heck knows. Add to it he's not the regular season player Voracek is anyway..

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Tripod

I have no issue trading for Kulikov. But in no way is Jake the one I move for him. Simmonds, I would definately do.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I'm not opposed to Russian players - the problem is unless they've proven that they want the Stanley Cup so badly they would kill for it you just never know. Guys like Voracek are much more of a known quantity as he has proven his compete level and desire to win goes up dramatically in the playoffs. Kulikov? Who the heck knows. Add to it he's not the regular season player Voracek is anyway..
You know Voracek isn't Russian, right?

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 08:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:17 AM
ahthorne

I'd take Kulikov in a similar deal that landed Versteeg in Chicago... but nothing close to Simmonds, Voracek or even Read. He's been pretty awful this season too, even for Florida's standards. Probably been their worst defender other than Ryan Whitney.

EDIT: Not that this season is any reason to write him off. Just thought I'd add that.

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:12 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

So sad to see the way Kulikov has tailed off the past few seasons. A change of scenery would do him some good. Like others, I certainly wouldn't give up Voracek or Read for him and would be hard pressed to even give up Simmonds. The Panthers aren't in a position of strength to be demanding a front line player like the above three simply because Kulikov's game has digressed over the past few seasons.

With that being said, I think he could flourish in Philadelphia. I could see Paddock taking an immense liking to what Kulikov could offer with regards to the skill set he brings. I could also see a guy like Timonen embracing Kulikov and taking him under his wing (is it just me, or does anyone else think Timonen might make a great coach in the NHL some day).

As mentioned, Florida is in no position of strength to be asking for quality players. At the most, I'd offer an expiring contract, a couple of mid level prospects, and a conditional draft pick for Kulikov.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As mentioned, Florida is in no position of strength to be asking for quality players. At the most, I'd offer an expiring contract, a couple of mid level prospects, and a conditional draft pick for Kulikov.
The problem is the Flyers prospect system is so barren, they don't even have midlevel prospects of note to get a Kulikov. The prospect system is 7 deep with Laughton, Cousins, Stolarz and the 4 defensemen, Alt, Gositisbehere, Morin, and Hagg. After those guys there are huge question marks for the rest. Out of those 7 the only one I would move for Kulikov is Cousins and he isnt nearly enough. The others either have higher potential or will provide desperately needed cheap contracts that Kulikov wont provide.

Old
11-17-2013, 10:27 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The problem is the Flyers prospect system is so barren, they don't even have midlevel prospects of note to get a Kulikov. The prospect system is 7 deep with Laughton, Cousins, Stolarz and the 4 defensemen, Alt, Gositisbehere, Morin, and Hagg. After those guys there are huge question marks for the rest. Out of those 7 the only one I would move for Kulikov is Cousins and he isnt nearly enough. The others either have higher potential or will provide desperately needed cheap contracts that Kulikov wont provide.
I think Straka, Noebels and Akeson (who I would hate to give up) all have varying degrees of promise.

Old
11-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Straka, Noebels and Akeson (who I would hate to give up) all have varying degrees of promise.
I think they are boom or bust prospects that do have promise but I doubt much value in a potential trade for a NHL regular like Kulikov. Other teams would offer more. Kulikov is not a salary dump so no mater how much he has struggled, his value is much greater than a Straka, Noebels conditional draft picks or any combination of the them. We aren't Toronto fans in here thinking prospect junk can land gold. Flyer fans are better than that.

Old
11-17-2013, 11:19 AM
BringBackStevens

For dirt cheap, I'd take a shot.

Out of maybe 10 games i've seen form Kulikov, I've never been impressed at all

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:57 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think they are boom or bust prospects that do have promise but I doubt much value in a potential trade for a NHL regular like Kulikov. Other teams would offer more. Kulikov is not a salary dump so no mater how much he has struggled, his value is much greater than a Straka, Noebels conditional draft picks or any combination of the them. We aren't Toronto fans in here thinking prospect junk can land gold. Flyer fans are better than that.
Oh, I get what you're saying. At the same time, Kulikov's game has badly digressed over the past two years. At this point, if you're acquiring a guy like Kulikov, you're getting a guy who is going to need some real attention and work to get his game back on track. I really don't think it would take much to get him and that spare parts might be all that's required. After all, this is the same franchise that gave away Denis Seidenberg for spare parts and a 2nd and Seidenberg was a far more established defender.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
dats81

What's the matter with Kulikov? Is he just struggling in a bad environment, suffering from groing pain or is something fundamentally flawed in his game?

Homer is always ready to roll a dice and take a chance on a young talented prospect but people would probably freak out if this turned into another Steve Eminger situation.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:27 PM
FLYERSFAN18

I wouldn't mind trading one of Akeson, Raffl, Straka, or Mcginn and a pick for Kulikov if that would get it done, which I don't think it will. Another possibility could be a swap of Kulikov for Laughton, but I don't really want to trade Laughton since I think he has a very bright future in the NHL. I think Laughton, Couturier, and Read could make an amazing third line next season if Downie doesn't come back.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote