HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Russia Roster Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2013, 07:54 AM
  #376
Wings4Life
Registered User
 
Wings4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
This season again demonstrated how invisible Malkin can be without proper linemates. Not until he got James Neal back 2 games ago did Malkin start looking like his old self.

Bil needs to give Malkin at least one (if not two) of OV/Kovy/Semin, if he wants this team to succeed.

Wings4Life is offline  
Old
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM
  #377
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I strongly doubt you'll even see a highlight reel of defensive plays by the best defensive forwards in the game, so that's a terrible argument. Hitchcock isn't a defense-only coach, he is a puck-possession coach. The Blues are top 10 in the league in goals scored, pretty good for a team coached by a "defense-only" coach.

I take it you haven't seen a single Blues game this year? Ask any Blues fan like myself, and they'll say Tarasenko has improved leaps and bounds in terms of his all-around play. He backchecks hard, and his positioning is solid. Tarasenko has not been a disappointment in the slightest.
What you appear to be saying is that he is not playing as badly as his scoring stats would indicate. That he's doing his job as a backchecker. What you may not be aware of is when he played for Sibir and the 2011 WJC Gold Medal team, he was considered to be a potential offensive star! My question is, if he's not contributing to the offense, what is it about his defensive game that should qualify him, and not others, to be appointed to the Olympic team in a checker role?

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
  #378
Backami
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
This season again demonstrated how invisible Malkin can be without proper linemates. Not until he got James Neal back 2 games ago did Malkin start looking like his old self.

Bil needs to give Malkin at least one (if not two) of OV/Kovy/Semin, if he wants this team to succeed.
Again? What a nonsense. Malkin makes players better not vice versa. He have proved it many times.

Backami is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:20 AM
  #379
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
What you appear to be saying is that he is not playing as badly as his scoring stats would indicate. That he's doing his job as a backchecker. What you may not be aware of is when he played for Sibir and the 2011 WJC Gold Medal team, he was considered to be a potential offensive star! My question is, if he's not contributing to the offense, what is it about his defensive game that should qualify him, and not others, to be appointed to the Olympic team in a checker role?
This is ridic.

What do you expect from a guy playing less than 15 min? Should he lead the league in scoring? In a role hes given he produces enough offence. His defensive play is what a lot of our offensive players are lacking. Nobody wants him in a checker role on the NT and with proper line mates he will be a scoring winger producing goals. And with his responsible play he will be the type of scoring winger Bill likes on his team.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 08:11 PM
  #380
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
This is ridic.

What do you expect from a guy playing less than 15 min? Should he lead the league in scoring? In a role hes given he produces enough offence. His defensive play is what a lot of our offensive players are lacking. Nobody wants him in a checker role on the NT and with proper line mates he will be a scoring winger producing goals. And with his responsible play he will be the type of scoring winger Bill likes on his team.
My guess is that he's playing less than 15 minutes per game because Coach Hitch doesn't believe that his game merits more than that. I'm glad that he's playing well defensively to substitute for his lack of offense, but my question is what has he done to warrant inclusion on the Olympic team? I agree that there is a definite need for defensive role players on the Olympic team, but why should it be him? What has he done that stands out? Is this not the same criteria that applies to every other Olympic candidate?

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 08:22 PM
  #381
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
My guess is that he's playing less than 15 minutes per game because Coach Hitch doesn't believe that his game merits more than that. I'm glad that he's playing well defensively to substitute for his lack of offense, but my question is what has he done to warrant inclusion on the Olympic team? I agree that there is a definite need for defensive role players on the Olympic team, but why should it be him? What has he done that stands out? Is this not the same criteria that applies to every other Olympic candidate?
Well, the guess is wrong. Ice time is detemined by the strategy of rolling the lines. And Hitch is too conservative to promote a young player to the top line even if Tarasenko obviously deserves it with his play. Oshie is obviously collecting points from being on a hot line with 2 guys who are on fire this season. Maybe Hitch is trying to spread the wealth, maybe he doesn't want to fix what's not broken(1st line). Who knows? But there is definitely no hint to Tarasenko's qualities.

What Tarasenko shows to be on the olympic roster? He's just better than other candidates. You disagree? Name me RWs who can take his spot on the 3rd line in a landslide. We don't need checkers. We need defensively responsible forwards on all lines.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 05:32 AM
  #382
Wings4Life
Registered User
 
Wings4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backami View Post
Again? What a nonsense. Malkin makes players better not vice versa. He have proved it many times.
Your quote has nothing to do with what I said. Yes, Malkin makes players around him better. Malkin's play also drops off more than it should when he doesn't have good linemates. These two things are not mutually exclusive. See his start to the season this year, or last year when he had Eric Tangradi on his left wing. Malkin tends to do one of two things when his wings are failing him: 1. try to do everything by himself, or 2. stop caring and go invisible. Either way, his game suffers.

Wings4Life is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 11:15 AM
  #383
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Well, the guess is wrong. Ice time is detemined by the strategy of rolling the lines. And Hitch is too conservative to promote a young player to the top line even if Tarasenko obviously deserves it with his play. Oshie is obviously collecting points from being on a hot line with 2 guys who are on fire this season. Maybe Hitch is trying to spread the wealth, maybe he doesn't want to fix what's not broken(1st line). Who knows? But there is definitely no hint to Tarasenko's qualities.

What Tarasenko shows to be on the olympic roster? He's just better than other candidates. You disagree? Name me RWs who can take his spot on the 3rd line in a landslide. We don't need checkers. We need defensively responsible forwards on all lines.
Tereschenko, Popov and Kokarev have all shined in WC competition, whereas Tarasenko has never really been highly thought of enough to be put on the ice for the WC. I anticipate that you will say "Oh, those guys aren't as good as Tarasenko," but be sure to include some hard evidence to support your claim.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 04:45 AM
  #384
Namba 17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Tereschenko, Popov and Kokarev have all shined in WC competition, whereas Tarasenko has never really been highly thought of enough to be put on the ice for the WC. I anticipate that you will say "Oh, those guys aren't as good as Tarasenko," but be sure to include some hard evidence to support your claim.
Tereshenko is C, so, it's complitely different question.
Kokarev has 6 p so far this season - 1g and 5a in 19 games. Tarasenko has 10 - 6g and 4a in the same amount of games. More of this - Tarasenko is 3d (!) in goals in St Louis and 8th in poins, being only 13th (!) in time on ice. Tarasenko has lethal shot as well as good work ethic in his own zone, while Kokarev never was great sniper (exc. 1 season). Tarasenko is better physically and plays in NHL (which is way more physical league). As far as I remember, in the terms of speed, they are pretty equal. This makes Tarasenko favorite to me, then we compare him with Kokarev. I doubt Kokarev makes the OT no matter if Tarasenko will. As for Popov - to me it's all about Bill's sollution. Popov looks good so far and he prooved himself to be good RW, if he has good C. But we have room for both of them and we have time to decide. I'd take Tarasenko and put him with Malkin and Kulemin, but it wouldn't be completely surprise for me, if Bill prefers Popov.

Namba 17 is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
  #385
ZZM
Registered User
 
ZZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
I totally agree that Tarasenko should get a spot in the olympics, he is a goal scorer for sure and does the unexpected. With more ice time in Blues,probably more points.
Kokarev is a player (in my opinion) that comes in mind when the talk is about WC, but just maybe..

ZZM is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  #386
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Don't know why even try to compare Kokarev with Tarasenko, as nobody expects goals and points from Kokarev, his role on NT is a defensive 4-th line and PK unit winger (there's a certain deficit of this kind of wingers on NT) and he was rather good at it at WC 2012 and even at WC 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namba 17 View Post
I'd take Tarasenko and put him with Malkin and Kulemin
I'd like too see that combination too

Caser is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 04:01 PM
  #387
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Tereschenko, Popov and Kokarev have all shined in WC competition, whereas Tarasenko has never really been highly thought of enough to be put on the ice for the WC. I anticipate that you will say "Oh, those guys aren't as good as Tarasenko," but be sure to include some hard evidence to support your claim.
Tereschenko is a center.

Popov is a LW.

Kokarev played on the 4th line, where Tarasenko is never going to be on Bill's team.

What are you actually talking about? All 3 guys aren't even competing for the same or Tarasenko's spot. Give me RW for the 3rd NT line, then we're talking.

P.S. Tarasenko is head and shoulders above any Kokarev of this world, much more physical than Popov who will end up on his behind very often at the Olympics.


Last edited by Atas2000: 11-18-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  #388
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,719
vCash: 500
Team Russia is going to need this.

Dat hustle.


BonMorrison is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 11:32 AM
  #389
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,586
vCash: 390
Are Markov & Emelin as a pairing a lock?

JayKing is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 12:17 PM
  #390
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Are Markov & Emelin as a pairing a lock?
Of course not. On what basis could it be a lock?

Fantomas is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 02:51 PM
  #391
Night_Vole
Registered User
 
Night_Vole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: T dot
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Of course not. On what basis could it be a lock?
Maybe because they're two of the best Dmen on our team, and actually have chemistry playing together (huge in a short tournament)

Night_Vole is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  #392
Slava2020
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Mozyakin - Tereshchenko -Tikhonov
Kulyomin -Svitov-Kuznetsov
Tarasenko-Perezhogin

Markov-Nikulin
Tyutin-Voynov
Medvedev-Emelin
Nikitin-Gonchar

Varlamov
Bobrovsky
Barulin

Slava2020 is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  #393
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Zaripov might get a chance in place of Semin now...

Den is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 08:18 AM
  #394
Namba 17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Zaripov might get a chance in place of Semin now...
Why?

Namba 17 is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 08:30 AM
  #395
duul
Registered User
 
duul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 50
Ovechkin-Malkin-Yakupov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Mozyakin-Tereshchenko-Semin
Tarasenko-Svitov-Kuznetsov

Markov-Emelin
Tyutin-Voynov
Nikitin-Nikulin

duul is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 03:13 PM
  #396
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Vole View Post
Maybe because they're two of the best Dmen on our team, and actually have chemistry playing together (huge in a short tournament)
They're not currently playing together.

There's plenty of reasons to doubt the pairing, one of which is the comparability of their injuries - particularly the effect of Markov's injuries on his mobility.

This doesn't mean they will not play together, but that is not what the poster was implying. (that is, them being a guarantee to be on the same pairing).

Fantomas is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  #397
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Are Markov & Emelin as a pairing a lock?
Not necessarily as a pairing. You have to realize Billyaletdinov has coached Yemelin for many years. He's well aware of Yemelin's capabilities other than used in MTL. Yemelin may end up on every pairing actually and see PP time also, while Markov will be on one of the PP units too obviously.

Otherwise with Markov's play recenty they both are a lock.


Last edited by Atas2000: 11-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 03:19 PM
  #398
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Ovechkin-Malkin-Yakupov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Mozyakin-Tereshchenko-Semin
Tarasenko-Svitov-Kuznetsov

Markov-Emelin
Tyutin-Voynov
Nikitin-Nikulin
You can scratch Yakupov and Mozyakin. Svitov is far from being a lock. As well as Nikitin and Tyutin.

The D will look someting like this:

Markov-Nikulin
Medvedev-Yemelin
Ryasensky-Voynov

4th pairing up for grabs.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
  #399
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Zaripov might get a chance in place of Semin now...
They are not on the same wing, you know. Syomin will be ok until February.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
  #400
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Of course not. On what basis could it be a lock?
Because they both are right now.

Atas2000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.