HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2013, 10:15 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Just noticed Thrower is back and has an assist so far tonight. Good news

Old
11-15-2013, 10:20 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightman View Post
Just noticed Thrower is back and has an assist so far tonight. Good news

Good to hear.

Any confirmation on Hudon? Really rooting for the kid.

Bozon with two goals. Hopefully he's getting back in the groove.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Here's the hit:

Looks like shoulder to jaw.

Seems like he avoided a concussion because he stayed in the game and there has no been no report of him being concussed on twitter or in the media that covers the Sags...then again, we've seen guys take a head shot, and start feeling effects only a few days later. Bourque last season comes to mind.

As for McCarron, I flipped to the game during a commercial break of our game and he had a prime scoring chance in tight, can't recall if the goalie stopped it or if it went wide. I agree with a few posters though, that long stick looked pretty weird and seems to be a hindrance when it comes to shooting. Only small players with great hands like St. Louis should be using sticks that are super long.

That DLR assist was a nice shift from him. Please become something like a middle class version of Landeskog, thanks.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-15-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old
11-16-2013, 12:53 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I was at the game. Neither guy threw many punches..Mac knows how to defend himself, and that's more than half the battle...he's already been taught not to expose himself.

Mac's game isn't going to be as a big creator..his stick is simply too long for him to be a great stickhandler..thing is about half a rink long. He doesn't have great hands in close with that long stick either. All that said he handles the puck well for his size..there's lots of work to do but some real nice pieces to his game. He's going to need the full two years in London - lots for the Hunters to teach him yet, but I look forward to seeing how he looks by the end of next season. Lots of depth on the London roster...he'll get more ice time next season. He is not a dominant player in the OHL...yet. It may take a year.
Then saw his stick down and teach him to skate lower to the ice, like he should.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:04 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

Concussions have nothing to do with "fragility". They are usually hits to the head. Has it been confirmed that he has a concussion? I have not heard it from a reputable source.
Repeated concussions may not be a sign of fragility, but they are a sign of not being able to keep your head out of the way, and that is not good in the NHL.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:33 AM
The Nightman

So... Dalton Thrower beat the crap out of Shinkaruk in a line brawl at the end of the Giants vs Tigers game.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
So... Dalton Thrower beat the crap out of Shinkaruk in a line brawl at the end of the Giants vs Tigers game.

I would guess Giants fans who are most likely majority Nucks fans are confused how to react.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:43 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Boss.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:17 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

So glad Thrower's regaining his mojo. Really want to see him in a Hab jersey.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Mathletic

Apparently there's talks of Hudon going over to Gatineau.

Old
11-16-2013, 08:19 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
That would give a crazy lineup upfront....

Old
11-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Would make a lot of sense, I believe Gatineau has a bunch of 1st rounders in 2014 to trade (including Chicoutimi's) and Gatineau is clearly a contender this year.

Thrower was just pummeling poor Shinkaruk there, yikes.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:08 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I was at the game. Neither guy threw many punches..Mac knows how to defend himself, and that's more than half the battle...he's already been taught not to expose himself.

Mac's game isn't going to be as a big creator..his stick is simply too long for him to be a great stickhandler..thing is about half a rink long. He doesn't have great hands in close with that long stick either. All that said he handles the puck well for his size..there's lots of work to do but some real nice pieces to his game. He's going to need the full two years in London - lots for the Hunters to teach him yet, but I look forward to seeing how he looks by the end of next season. Lots of depth on the London roster...he'll get more ice time next season. He is not a dominant player in the OHL...yet. It may take a year.
I mentioned to my buddies that he's a very smart player. Unlike most big men, he has hockey sense. Instead of simply dumping the puck as soon as he gets the puck on his stick, he's aware of his surroundings and makes smart plays. When he doesn't have the puck on his stick, he always goes straight to the front of the net. He understands the game and understands the type of player he is. Of course he has some limitations with acceleration and natural ability, but to me he plays like a pro. His style certainly translates well to the NHL. He looks like he will be a solid complimentary player that can be slotted on any line.

Last edited by le_sean: 11-16-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old
11-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Hudon and Reway on the same line?

Old
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
ArtPeur

^too small

Old
11-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Here's the hit:

Looks like shoulder to jaw.
Kudos to Dauphin. Wow, not the biggest kid yet he didn't hesitate one bit and make the player pay.

Old
11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Who drafted the biggest bust

Toronto-Gauthier or MTL-McCarron.

Old
11-16-2013, 12:52 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Oliver View Post
I don't know... who?

Old
11-16-2013, 12:57 PM
ArtPeur

talking about busts after 2 months?

Old
11-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Neither are busts. I'd rather have McCoshen right now than McCarron but it's too early to judge anyone. Aside from that there's not really anyone else I'd rather have in between McCarron and DLR. Everyone I wanted was gone at our pick aside from Zykov, and we had two other chances to take him.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:13 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPeur View Post
You must have an opinion, what player in your estimation has the highest upside.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Treb

Quote:
You must have an opinion, what player in your estimation has the highest upside.
Both have top6 upside, too early to say more.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I mentioned to my buddies that he's a very smart player. Unlike most big men, he has hockey sense. Instead of simply dumping the puck as soon as he gets the puck on his stick, he's aware of his surroundings and makes smart plays. When he doesn't have the puck on his stick, he always goes straight to the front of the net. He understands the game and understands the type of player he is. Of course he has some limitations with acceleration and natural ability, but to me he plays like a pro. His style certainly translates well to the NHL. He looks like he will be a solid complimentary player that can be slotted on any line.
After watching the tape of last night's game, I agree with all of this. He's already a smart and efficient defensive player - his long stick really helps him out in that area. He broke up several plays last night in his zone thanks to his stick and his positioning. Yet, he doesn't kill penalties.

In that game last night, he could have had 3 goals. In all 3 cases, he went hard to the net. First chance was early in the 2nd period, he simply fanned on his shot and it ended up in his skates - it's a situation where you would think a shorter stick may help him. Second try in the 2nd, after a terrific behind the back pass from Domi, McCarron tried to wrist it instead of one-timing it and the defenceman deflected it wide just as he shot it. In the 3rd, he was open and the pass from his linemate did not connect.

Every time they put him with Domi (2 or 3 times it happened, usually after a London penalty kill), they made stuff happen offensively. But 5 on 5, McCarron basically got 3rd line minutes and usually always with Welychka - who is a nice role player, but no offensive wizard.

Late in the 3rd, up 1 goal with 4 minutes left, he contributed to an excellent forechecking shift that kept the puck deep in Kingston's zone with some strong board work. He absolutely fooled 2 Frontenacs with a brilliant stickhandling display on that shift, but could not get the puck at net.

It looked like the main difference between his offence now and what he showed in Habs camp is simply confidence. He had it in our camp, right now he's clearly searching for it. He could sort of become a much bigger but slightly less energetic version of what Prust is now for us, where you can slide him anywhere in your lineup and you'll get good play out of him.

I felt his physical game was non-impactful in that game last night, which disappointed me. He had a few hits, but nothing that was memorable or a possibility to hurt someone on the other side. A guy that size should have at least 1 big hit a night.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPeur View Post
This is the same forum that was starting to bite their nails after Galchenyuk had a rough month of september while Grigorenko was tearing it up, are you really surprised?

Old
11-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Speaking of Gauthier..havent read much about him or Zykov,Dauphin,Diaby,Morin,Roy..... all of whom people on this board wanted Habs to draft.

Read alot of good things about Furcale,Reway,Gregoire.

Any opinions ?

Closed Thread