HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fri., Nov. 15, 2013|Flyers 2 at Jets 3 (SO)

Old
11-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I just don't know why you would complain about the team going out and getting 5 out of 6 points on the road trip against a couple a good teams and a rival(bitter rival at that) No, they didn't play their best hockey, but maybe we should look at that like they will get better? The team is talented, they are starting to bring it back together now. 3 games in 4 nights is tiring for anyone, pro athletes are not exempt. Also they are not in top hockey shape right now either, if they were they would hit a huge wall around January and this team would be screwed. You work through the season to get into their best shape, which is still coming.

Overall, a 6-3-2 record isn't the best, but it could have been much worse in the last 11 games, sorta like the first 8, where we were 1-7. Overall the play has been much better and the first record I stated probably indicates where this team is more than the first 8 of the year.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
You're a glass half full kind of guy, aren't you, Garbage Goal?
Yeah, parroting what others have noted about them leaning on a lead and choking a lead away (which is what happened), is so pessimistic and not in line with reality.

Really?

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Also, yeah you can't say they were tired as an excuse for leaning back on a lead and letting a parade of shots come through.

This is supposed to be a professional NHL team with professionally trained athletes, not some beer league team. They should be able to handle one back-to-back especially when any given NHL season involves numerous back-to-back situations.
this is my take on it aswell..

i dont accept they were tired for the entire 3rd period...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:20 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Also, yeah you can't say they were tired as an excuse for leaning back on a lead and letting a parade of shots come through.

This is supposed to be a professional NHL team with professionally trained athletes, not some beer league team. They should be able to handle one back-to-back especially when any given NHL season involves numerous back-to-back situations.
Do you ever stop complaining? It was the 9th period in 4 days against tough opposition with considerable airmiles between games. 5 points from 6, i'm pretty happy with that.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I just don't know why you would complain about the team going out and getting 5 out of 6 points on the road trip against a couple a good teams and a rival(bitter rival at that) No, they didn't play their best hockey, but maybe we should look at that like they will get better? The team is talented, they are starting to bring it back together now. 3 games in 4 nights is tiring for anyone, pro athletes are not exempt. Also they are not in top hockey shape right now either, if they were they would hit a huge wall around January and this team would be screwed. You work through the season to get into their best shape, which is still coming.

Overall, a 6-3-2 record isn't the best, but it could have been much worse in the last 11 games, sorta like the first 8, where we were 1-7. Overall the play has been much better and the first record I stated probably indicates where this team is more than the first 8 of the year.
I doubt anybody is mad about five of six points. I'm just waiting for the next game personally, but they did absolutely just lean on the little lead they had and kind of choked it away. Not something I'm mad about, but it leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths to squander a game like that.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Do you ever stop complaining? It was the 9th period in 4 days against tough opposition with considerable airmiles between games. 5 points from 6, i'm pretty happy with that.
Point out where I complain?

I don't even make a post about the game until the fourth or so page of the GDT and all I do is point out that being tired isn't a valid excuse for this one. A sentiment others have noted as well.

Yet I get jumped on by two people already. Okay then.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Point out where I complain?

I don't even make a post about the game until the fourth or so page of the GDT and all I do is point out that being tired isn't a valid excuse for this one. A sentiment others have noted as well.

Yet I get jumped on by two people already. Okay then.
Meant PGDT.

Also, I already admitted I'm fine with the five points out of six so you can go put words into some other people's mouths for now.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:39 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Just messin', Garbage Goal.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:47 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Last night was a perfect example of why the SO should be eliminated or at least minimized as far as impact on games go. The Flyers absolutely took it to them in the OT & the Jets in the rare occasions they actually had the puck were sitting back taking their time holding out for the SO.

I don't blame the Jets for doing so but it just makes the SO so much ***er.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:04 PM
bennysflyers16

Jets only have 5 ROW, that is crazy. Pavs used to be not very good in shoot outs before this yr.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:18 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Jets only have 5 ROW, that is crazy. Pavs used to be not very good in shoot outs before this yr.
It was abundantly clear in the OT that they were just hanging on in hopes of the shootout.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Meant PGDT.

Also, I already admitted I'm fine with the five points out of six so you can go put words into some other people's mouths for now.
I think it's perfectly acceptable to claim tiredness as a factor in a poor third period. 3 games in 4 days, 3 good opposition teams, considerable miles between the games and we've been giving it our all physically in every game. You can only be so fit at the end of the day, tiredness takes it's toll eventually.

We've got a weird-assed schedule though. Lots of games in a short period followed by a large gap then repeat.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Pavelec put up a very non Pavelec like performance.

Old
11-16-2013, 05:21 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Last night was a perfect example of why the SO should be eliminated or at least minimized as far as impact on games go. The Flyers absolutely took it to them in the OT & the Jets in the rare occasions they actually had the puck were sitting back taking their time holding out for the SO.

I don't blame the Jets for doing so but it just makes the SO so much ***er.
Yup, also looser points/three point games are just stupid. The league really needs to switch to a three point game structure for all games not just OT/SO games. I know it's not likely to happen any time soon but I can still complain about it.

As far as the game is concerned it would have been nice to see them not sit back as much and hold on for the extra point but they were obviously tired. The team as a whole got worse as the game went on (minus OT). The fact that it was their 3rd game in 4 days is a legit reason to be tired, pro athlete or not. I'm just happy they came out with 5 of a possible 6 points.

They have some very winnable games coming up here at home, hopeully they take advantage and pile up the points.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:08 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Is it just me or does Buff have the strangest way ever of receiving a pass? He basically takes a goalie stance. I didn't really notice it until seeing him live, but I see on TV all the time.

Also: My confidence in Timmonen was so low that I started walking out when I saw him skate over to the line.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Also: My confidence in Timmonen was so low that I started walking out when I saw him skate over to the line.
yeah i started laffing and thinking Berube just put up the white flag n surrendered..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote