HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#19 - 11/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens | 7:00 PM - MSG 2, NHL NET

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2013, 12:01 PM
PavelBure9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
5-0 Rangers! *DREAMWORLD*
And then they blow in for a shootout loss 6-5.....

Old
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Well this could be ugly

Old
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
again...

Old
11-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Unpredictable1

"Montreal typical."

Old
11-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Didn't the Penguins lose like 40 straight at the Spectrum when they were first introduced into the league?

I think the Rangers can beat that record at Bell. Will take a few more years, but it's doable.

Old
11-16-2013, 12:22 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
haha I just had a horrifying thought....MTL with home ice advantage in the playoffs vs Rangers

Old
11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Been an odd first 1/4 of the year so far. On paper and if recent history is our judge, sure Rangers will lose.

But and this is important, we are playing some pretty dang good hockey heading into this game and I don't believe we've ever been this hot heading into the Bell Centre in past few years.

Bit of a hunch here but count me in with the group that thinks we show we are truly for real and come out of Montreal with a nice and tidy convincing 5-2 victory and let Price know that this is a different Ranger team this year as we've got some firepower unlike in the past. Can't wait for game time as always love the atmosphere you get when we play the Canadians on a Saturday nite in Montreal for HNIC...it's awesome!

Old
11-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Been an odd first 1/4 of the year so far. On paper and if recent history is our judge, sure Rangers will lose.

But and this is important, we are playing some pretty dang good hockey heading into this game and I don't believe we've ever been this hot heading into the Bell Centre in past few years.

Bit of a hunch here but count me in with the group that thinks we show we are truly for real and come out of Montreal with a nice and tidy convincing 5-2 victory and let Price know that this is a different Ranger team this year as we've got some firepower unlike in the past. Can't wait for game time as always love the atmosphere you get when we play the Canadians on a Saturday nite...awesome!
I'm almost sure that 2 years ago, we had a 7 game winning streak, went into the Bell Centre, and lost like 4-1.

Old
11-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Haha, that would never happen...

Old
11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I'm almost sure that 2 years ago, we had a 7 game winning streak, went into the Bell Centre, and lost like 4-1.
Maybe so Grind seeing as I said in my post I wasn't positive. But even if that is/was the case, I have not seen in the past 4-5 years or maybe even since Jagr was in town, a Ranger team that has the offensive firepower we have both on paper and on the ice.

More importantly with AV behind the bench, his system actually allows this firepower we actually have to expose itself on the ice. I'm feeling pretty confident heading into this game and normally I don't when we head to the Bell Centre and it's all about how well the team has played past few weeks and how the players are really starting to buy in to AV's system and it's exciting to see for us fans.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

AV on McD. He spoke to the French media this morning

Quote:
«Honnêtement, je ne connaissais pas beaucoup Ryan avant mon arrivée avec les Rangers, a-t-il souligné. J’ai appris à le connaître rapidement. Il a beaucoup d’habiletés, un bon coup de patin et il bouge bien la rondelle. Il joue présentement sur notre première vague en avantage numérique. Il est encore un jeune défenseur et il s’améliore toujours.»
http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/ryan-...venir-16112013

Quote:
"Honestly , I do not know much about Ryan before my arrival with the Rangers , he has said. I got to know him quickly. He has many skills , good skating and moving the puck well . He currently plays on our first wave powerplay . It is still a young defender and he is always improving . "

Old
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Haha, that would never happen...
*Twice.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:15 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
2-0 Montreal. If I'm wrong I would be more than happy with an OTL.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Maybe so Grind seeing as I said in my post I wasn't positive. But even if that is/was the case, I have not seen in the past 4-5 years or maybe even since Jagr was in town, a Ranger team that has the offensive firepower we have both on paper and on the ice.

More importantly with AV behind the bench, his system actually allows this firepower we actually have to expose itself on the ice. I'm feeling pretty confident heading into this game and normally I don't when we head to the Bell Centre and it's all about how well the team has played past few weeks and how the players are really starting to buy in to AV's system and it's exciting to see for us fans.
I admire your optimism , did you realize we haven't scored on Price in MTL since 2011.
Firepower ? We struggled to score against NJ last game , Girardi,s goal was a wounded duck .
But hey LGR

Old
11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLDOLPHIN View Post
I admire your optimism , did you realize we haven't scored on Price in MTL since 2011.
Firepower ? We struggled to score against NJ last game , Girardi,s goal was a wounded duck .
But hey LGR
I think those stats are garbage. That's like "he hasn't scored from above the left circle on tuesdays with high humidity" and all that. Price isn't that great. MTL isn't that great. The Rangers can score on them and beat them. I'm not saying they will, because it's silly to say any team will or will not win any given game in this league, but they can.

As for the firepower, the Pens struggled to score against the Rangers the last time they met. Do they lack firepower too? It's a one game sample. Team's exceed and fall short of expectations many times over an 82 game season.

Old
11-16-2013, 01:52 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
They don't call it the dreaded 5 goal lead for nothing.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Anthony Eclair
Anthony Eclair

I'm predicting our first OTL tonight, 3-2 final score. Price played Colombus and won in a shootout (final score 3-2 as well) and is probably going to be slow tonight. We've had a decent amount of practice time and have been on a positive roll so that's how I make my judgement.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Kwayry

Do you guys know which of the links would work better on a cell phone? I won't be at home to watch the game.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Dorado*

It's Not relevant the NYR haven't scored against MTL in last 3 gamrs And haven't scored on Price there in 2 years and he's shut them out nearly 25% of the time ? Well ok good to know .
I'm hoping for a great exciting game but what I expect is Subban and Markov controlling the game and us struggling to establish a forecheck . The parade to the penalty box will ensue and once they get a lead MTL will take the air out of the puck and trap the crap out of us .

Old
11-16-2013, 02:46 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I like the lines. Glad miller is still in although if Nash returns next week he goes down. Hope Boyle, brassard , Dorsett do well together
i'd sit pouliot, actually. miller seems to be developing fine with the parent club and pouliot...just seems like a career spare.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Maximus

Quote:
It's Not relevant the NYR haven't scored against MTL in last 3 gamrs And haven't scored on Price there in 2 years and he's shut them out nearly 25% of the time ? Well ok good to know .
I'm hoping for a great exciting game but what I expect is Subban and Markov controlling the game and us struggling to establish a forecheck . The parade to the penalty box will ensue and once they get a lead MTL will take the air out of the puck and trap the crap out of us .
I'm not disagreeing that our struggles the past 3 years vs Habs and Price in particular stoning us doesn't have some impact into game tonight. However and this is where I was coming from. Habs have not really seen this Ranger team. Yeah they saw the one that played first game at home this season after 9 straight road games but that isn't who I'm referring too.

I'm talking about the one that can score 3-5 goals a game...that one. That's the Ranger team the Canadians haven't seen in many years. I'm expecting that one to show up tonight and frankly, I don't think I'm being to pie in the sky thinking we can get at least 3 if not 4 or so by Price. Hey, he's a very good goalie but I've seen him implode numerous times unfortunately not against us. Well, I think we change that tonight....we'll see soon enough

Old
11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koekkoek4U View Post
I'm predicting our first OTL tonight, 3-2 final score. Price played Colombus and won in a shootout (final score 3-2 as well) and is probably going to be slow tonight. We've had a decent amount of practice time and have been on a positive roll so that's how I make my judgement.
Budaj played last night. Price is fresh for tonight.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:29 PM
GFiP*

Probably a 4-0 loss, don't remember the last time we scored more than a goal on montreal

Old
11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
GFiP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koekkoek4U View Post
Getting a point against montreal would be incredible

Old
11-16-2013, 03:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
But hey LGR
Brodeur had a great game that game. We had a lot of great chances that he stopped. They were coming back from back to back shutouts. Nashville had 15 shots on goal in the entire game against them. Are you Drew and BRB's brother or something? Every post you've had has been ******** on the team.

Closed Thread