HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can someone tell Subban to stop over complicating things?

Old
11-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Yeah, right. And Gretzky dipsy doodled too much too... next.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
If you want, I can go to the Habs locker room and tell him to stop being so unpredictable to the opponent. I will also use the opportunity to tell the other D-men to stop ****ing up all the time as well (minus Markov).

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Smokey Thompson

Yea he should keep it simple and just ice the puck like our 3 best defensemen

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:30 AM
True Tick and Tin

can someone tell Montreal Shadow to chill out?

True Tick and Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:37 AM
ourobouros

Dear OP,

Dont you understand the logic here?

Last year Norris = Subban fault

This year troubles = Coach fault

ourobouros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:51 AM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Loool wtf is this thread
Should be locked its really dumb

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:51 AM
CanadianSharks

I thought that the other day as well. He was great the start of the season, but is now trying to be too fancy. Also, I've noticed he goes for that huge windup again with his slapshots. That said, he's still VERY effective.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 11:59 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Done, i just sent him a txt msg

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:02 PM
HABS2DCUP

...lol....wait, its not a joke?

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:06 PM
RC51

Subban is still young, he is still learning when to GO. His team mates still don't know what to do when he GO's. You can tell when he does go that all the other mates hang back to cover. So Subban ends up alone in the offensive zone looking to make that in front of the net pass. The good part is most of the other teams defensive players don't know what to do either, sometimes an opposition forward will try to stop him at the blue line. Sometime he does and it looks bad for Subban. The problem is nobody follows Subban and keeps himself in ready for a pass.
Time will solve this. A plan needs to be developed of who will GO with Subban and who will stay back to cover. The coach does not seem to like this at all. Please don't try to take away what Subban CAN DO, in time the coach will work with instead of against what he has and start to work out a Subban RUSH tactic. Think back to Paul Coffee, did he get **** for doing it? NO, the OIL at the time worked WITH Coffee rushes and WOW was he not a huge asset when he did it?
As long as someone is set to back up Subban, can you imagine what he can do on the BIG euro ice with that wide open space?

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
penalty shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
PK is the only reason why this team creates scoring chances. And the only reason they end up being created is by the risks he takes.

The team looks lost out their offensively when he is not on the ice.
agreed , leave the dude alone

the only true stud on D we have had in decades

penalty shot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

A slap happy defenceman is leading the habs in scoring. Shame on our forwards.

Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:24 PM
penalty shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
PK is our best player

he is flamboyant , maybe a hot head at times but that's his game

fiery personality , sign him up

penalty shot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Moroccan

Trade him to Columbus! NOW!

Moroccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourobouros View Post
Dear OP,

Dont you understand the logic here?

Last year Norris = Subban fault

This year troubles = Coach fault
How the hell did you come to that conclusion? What?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 01:58 PM
skipp18

Shut this thread down. Completely moronic.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:08 PM
No More Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
PK is the only reason why this team creates scoring chances. And the only reason they end up being created is by the risks he takes.

The team looks lost out their offensively when he is not on the ice.
Exactly. I can live with the risks, to be honest.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Montreal Shadow

You guys are for real?

Sorry to have criticized Subban, I should have known he was perfect and had no flaw to his game.

Yesterday was a prime example of what I'm talking about and it's been going on for a few games. Even in his own zone Subban would make fancy plays instead of just getting out of it. Yesterday he could have drawn a penalty but was so caught up in his pretty plays, he ended up holding the stick of the other player and got a penalty for it. Sure the Foligno should have gotten one for hooking but had Subban simply gotten rid of him, that penalty would have never happen.

How often do we see him rush the puck and try to deke his way through the opposing team only to get stopped right at the opponent's blue line and pushed back to center ice? I'm not saying Subban should stop playing his game. I'm saying he should leave the completely unnecessary stuff at home. He can pinch whenever he wants, that's the way he plays and that's a high risk/high reward type of play but dangling through two or three forwards only to lose the puck right after is not something useful at all.

People know who he is and they fear his slapshot. A lot of the time it just gets blocked as opposed to last season where he wouldn't obviously shoot it at them when they're prepared for it. Good thing is, unlike two years ago, his shots don't go wide any more. They all expect the Subban slapper now and they're all ready for it.

Subban has many, many flaws to his game. The way he has been playing lately isn't what earned him the Norris.

Yes, Therrien is an idiot for using Bouillon and Desharnais so much but not the whole blame should fall on him. Of course Subban is probably the best player on that team by a fair margin but he could be a fair bit better and if he had kept his game like last year, he'd be much more effective. He wouldn't have necessarily more points but he would have committed much less useless mistakes.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:21 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
You guys are for real?

Sorry to have criticized Subban, I should have known he was perfect and had no flaw to his game.

Yesterday was a prime example of what I'm talking about and it's been going on for a few games. Even in his own zone Subban would make fancy plays instead of just getting out of it. Yesterday he could have drawn a penalty but was so caught up in his pretty plays, he ended up holding the stick of the other player and got a penalty for it. Sure the Foligno should have gotten one for hooking but had Subban simply gotten rid of him, that penalty would have never happen.

How often do we see him rush the puck and try to deke his way through the opposing team only to get stopped right at the opponent's blue line and pushed back to center ice? I'm not saying Subban should stop playing his game. I'm saying he should leave the completely unnecessary stuff at home. He can pinch whenever he wants, that's the way he plays and that's a high risk/high reward type of play but dangling through two or three forwards only to lose the puck right after is not something useful at all.

People know who he is and they fear his slapshot. A lot of the time it just gets blocked as opposed to last season where he wouldn't obviously shoot it at them when they're prepared for it. Good thing is, unlike two years ago, his shots don't go wide any more. They all expect the Subban slapper now and they're all ready for it.

Subban has many, many flaws to his game. The way he has been playing lately isn't what earned him the Norris.

Yes, Therrien is an idiot for using Bouillon and Desharnais so much but not the whole blame should fall on him. Of course Subban is probably the best player on that team by a fair margin but he could be a fair bit better and if he had kept his game like last year, he'd be much more effective. He wouldn't have necessarily more points but he would have committed much less useless mistakes.
Nobody said he's perfect. Most of the people that replied said they can live with the risks he takes because more often than not, it ends up being a scoring chance for Montreal.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
One Trick Pony

Yeah it would be so much better if he dumps the puck in the corner the second he touches it like Gorges.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
Yeah it would be so much better if he dumps the puck in the corner the second he touches it like Gorges.
Because that's the only other option aside from a couple of fancy dekes and pass between the legs right?

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I take it you're a new Canadiens fan. Welcome!

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
How often do we see him rush the puck and try to deke his way through the opposing team only to get stopped right at the opponent's blue line and pushed back to center ice?
Gomez has been gone for over a year now

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
Well P.K. is actually outscoring most of the forwards in the league.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
No More Subban

Quote:
You guys are for real?

Lol you're actually the one who wants him to be perfect, saying he needs to do this, needs to do that.

Most of us just accept the way he plays and his flaws. At the end of the day, the positives in his game outweigh the negatives. Like again, most of us can live with the risks.

I just dont have any complaints, man. He's still our best player out there.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote