HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can someone tell Subban to stop over complicating things?

Old
11-16-2013, 04:45 PM
capebretoncanadien

vCash: 500
Subban is doing just fine. Thumbs down to this thread.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:48 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Outside of becoming even better at getting pucks on net, decision making on what type of shots are better, and playmaking decisions in offensive zone, all which he he improved significantly from 11/12 to 12/13, I think the rest of his game has been pretty stagnant at best if not worse than 11/12.

It's sad because the coaching staff just doesn't think he has the ability to ever do it rather than trying to develop him into an all situation D like any other team would. They rather risk having players who regularly screw up simple plays than have someone who might screw up doing something more risky.
I agree with your observation. Here is my 2 cents about the way the coaching staff is handling this situation.

Subban doesn't need an asshat to scream at him to motivate him. The guy has always been giving a top notch level of effort rarely seen in a pro athlete. Subban needs to be taught, not pushed. Therrien is a "motivator" not a teacher. Apparently the team needed a guy like Therrien but Subban sure as hell doesn't.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:49 PM
SubbanFan4ever

Subban without flashy rushes and dekes, would not be Subban. He's the team best player and next captain, so suck it up.

SubbanFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 04:49 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Yes if PK stops over complicating things he might be able to develop into a solid Gorges-type defenceman.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Well P.K. is actually outscoring most of the forwards in the league.
Well, shame on them too!

Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Since our offence dried up PK has been taking it on himself and pressing more than he was start of the year - and yes this probably includes trying to make something out of nothing and a return to the John Daley backswing that comes off as over complicating things - but Erik Karlsson has nearly 2x the giveaways so Subban is not exactly doing it recklessly

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:14 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
These dangles between the skates, these rushes when the crowd cheers him that are absolutely unnecessary, these dekes when he gets rid of an opponent chasing him. He wasn't doing that last year. Now we have shades of Subban from his rookie year, trying to do too much by himself instead of keeping it clean and simple.

Lately, he's been slapping a lot more than he used to. People knows how dangerous his slapshot is and usually, when he'd see them positioned to block it, he'd just blast a wrister straight to the net or fake a shot then pass to create a chance. He's become predictable the last few games, just like he was a few years ago. He does to many complicated things that are flashy and simply ineffective. I was amazed by how fast and simple was his game like years, he was always doing the smart thing instead of the flashy one. It's been the exact opposite for a few games.

His game had matured when he won his Norris but now it's regressed. Don't get me wrong, he's much better than two years ago as his rushes actually work now but what's the point of doing them if nobody can complete? As a dman, he can't shoot often after rushing the puck up the ice because if he does and the goalie gives a rebound, it opens the team up to an odd man rush and he doesn't want that.

Why can't he just shoot the puck when he has to, protect it and just pass when there is no option to shoot? He can protect a puck like almost no one in the league but when doing the fancy dekes, he often ends up losing it or the player chasing him closes in and pokes it away.

You don't have to impress us Subban. Just play like you did last year or at the beginning of the year.
Wait, so he shouldn't play to his potential because the other guys on the team aren't talented enough? BS.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:21 PM
MasterD

Also, I'll just leave this here:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle15436314/

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

I love Subban. Two things that he could improve, though:

- Getting better on end-to-end rushes. He's absolutely spectacular on these, but it's obvious he doesn't know what to do once he crosses the other team's blue line.

- Being less obvious when protecting the puck. He uses his body well, dekes, everything. But too often he'll grab the opponent's stick, and refs are catching up, like last night. He won't be able to do this much longer.

That's just two little pet peeves. I love Subban. He's the best thing that could happen to the Habs.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:27 PM
coolasprICE

best way to tell him is to go the game and boo him really loudly when he has the puck

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post

- Getting better on end-to-end rushes. He's absolutely spectacular on these, but it's obvious he doesn't know what to do once he crosses the other team's blue line.

- Being less obvious when protecting the puck. He uses his body well, dekes, everything. But too often he'll grab the opponent's stick, and refs are catching up, like last night. He won't be able to do this much longer.

That's just two little pet peeves. I love Subban. He's the best thing that could happen to the Habs.
I would say that's inaccurate. As he gets older he'll have more experience / confidence in the O-zone. I think he also gets scared for being caught out of position.

But I would also say that statement is inaccurate because he is better in entering the o-zone than 99% of all d-men, even though his o-zone entry will only get better.

Old
11-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I would say that's inaccurate. As he gets older he'll have more experience / confidence in the O-zone. I think he also gets scared for being caught out of position.

But I would also say that statement is inaccurate because he is better in entering the o-zone than 99% of all d-men, even though his o-zone entry will only get better.
To be honest, I feel this is as much on the team as it is on Subban. Habs forwards seem confused when he tries it, so he ends up alone against 2 or 3 and ends up losing the puck or shooting from too far away.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
To be honest, I feel this is as much on the team as it is on Subban. Habs forwards seem confused when he tries it, so he ends up alone against 2 or 3 and ends up losing the puck or shooting from too far away.
Which is why it would be the worst mistake if he doesn't get selected for Team Canada

Bigger ice surface with the best forwards in the game that can match his talent and offensive creativity. That would be amazing to watch. His end to end rushes would have a lot more finish to them.

Old
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
When Subban rushes, Galchenyuk and Gallagher seem like the only two Habs F who are in-sync and can receive a pass, the others look gormless.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Doc McKenna

Subban has issues to improve on. Only fanboys say otherwise. But yeah he has lots of talent.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 08:39 PM
jacks

Please become a shadow again.We need a coach that will play P.K to his best of abilitys not to friggin ruin him and any chance we have to win some Games.

jacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Subban is doing just fine. Thumbs down to this thread.
You obviously didn't watch him tonight.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Mats86

Put him back with Gorges? Team can't score, too easy to shutdown Subban and Markov. Gorges was a lot better player with Subban anyway.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
You obviously didn't watch him tonight.
What? You wanna come up with some examples?

Last edited by Aceekay: 11-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:04 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Sorry, one particular holding play does not make a trend.

On the end to end rushes, his teammates needs to be better at getting open and heading to the net. Some of them are admiring and not working as hard as he is.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Mr. Hab

Let's not forget...this is the same fan-base that booed Patrick Roy out of town...#$%^&*#$%. (4 Cups, 1 Cup Final).
All the complaining about Subban ****ing doesn't make any sense.
Subban is our MVP.

Reminder...Subban won a Norris: who is the last Hab dman to win the Norris since Subban? (and besides that...before he won the Norris he was already an AMAZING dman who could shut-down Crosby....not good enough for some of you?!).

Subban is the one player I trust when it comes to bringing us closer to the Cup, yet...there are still a few here who constantly complain about him. I really don't understand anymore.

The Habs are a huge pile of smelly **** without Subban.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Sorry, one particular holding play does not make a trend.

On the end to end rushes, his teammates needs to be better at getting open and heading to the net. Some of them are admiring and not working as hard as he is.
Or at least score every once in a while. Its happened so many times this season where subban gets away from the forechecker and blows through the blue line, and then set up a player above the right face off circle only to have the player shoot wide or hesitate and not shoot. This pisses me off more then anything because you really have to admire how much effort subban puts into these rushes, only to have them lead to nothing.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Edgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Let's not forget...this is the same fan-base that booed Patrick Roy out of town...#$%^&*#$%. (4 Cups, 1 Cup Final).
All the complaining about Subban ****ing doesn't make any sense.
Subban is our MVP.

Reminder...Subban won a Norris: who is the last Hab dman to win it before Subban? (besides that...before he won the Norris he was already an AMAZING dman who could shut-down Crosby....not good enough for you?! gtfo!).

Subban is the one player I trust when it comes to bringing us closer to the Cup, yet...there are still a few here who constantly complain about him. I really don't understand anymore. Do you want more Bouillon? (I was a Bouillon fan...in the past...in the past). More Drewiske? More Markov-with-3-year-injuries + no-show in playoffs? More #5-6-7-8-9 dmen?
So, what the **** do you want?
Do you just lurk around waiting for any opportunity to bash Markov whether the thread was about him or not?

Start appreciating Subban or gtfo... imo.

The Habs are a huge pile of smelly **** without Subban.
(especially in playoffs when it really counts...#76 is all about regular season/winning/playoffs.....#79 is all about the regular season but not playoffs...#79 is good in regular season when he's not injured for 3 seasons, BUT...he's a huge pile of smelly **** in playoffs).
Do you just lurk around waiting for an opportunity to bash Markov whether the thread was about him or not?

It's like anytime you see Subban's name anywhere you jump in and bash Markov, even if it was a thread praising Subban, you'll still find something negative to say about Markov.

Markov and Subban do not thrive at each other's expense. The team is much better with both there, we're not in a position where we have to choose one over the other. Stop with the blind hate.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
Do you just lurk around waiting for an opportunity to bash Markov whether the thread was about him or not?

It's like anytime you see Subban's name anywhere you jump in and bash Markov, even if it was a thread praising Subban, you'll still find something negative to say about Markov.

Markov and Subban do not thrive at each other's expense. The team is much better with both there, we're not in a position where we have to choose one over the other. Stop with the blind hate.
I swear I was going to delete that part but you quoted it, so...too late for me!!

I'll edit it anyway! (I also don't like to write gtfo! I'll remove that part as well!).

Btw, I like regular-season-Markov (when he wasn't injured for 3 seasons), but I can't stand playoffs-Markov (it's not blind hate...he's just invisible in playoffs...it's a fact/easy observation, and no pun intended!).

Cheers

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-17-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Lol PK's slapper has never changed, he's always done it the same way

nope, im pretty sure he changed it a little bit last year

thats when the goals started pouring in

Big Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote