HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2013, 11:06 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Can Couvrette play for OJS seeing as he is AP'd to Kemptville?
Not technically, and I think he realized that and tried to return.

They'd already gotten Plaschy at this point.

Shoutout to Perth, say what you want about Michael McLean, but tonight was pure class from that organization.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Whoever said Parker quit OJC is completely misinformed.

Old
11-16-2013, 05:07 PM
hockey91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Whoever said Parker quit OJC is completely misinformed.
Ya someone said he quit earlier. Either way he was a non factor in the game friday night. Perth had a solid first to periods and nearly lost the game in the third in their defensive play, both forwards and defense not playing positional sound. Wright had a few nice saves and had some help from the post from time to time.

Old
11-16-2013, 05:18 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Ya someone said he quit earlier. Either way he was a non factor in the game friday night. Perth had a solid first to periods and nearly lost the game in the third in their defensive play, both forwards and defense not playing positional sound. Wright had a few nice saves and had some help from the post from time to time.
Parker hasn't been nearly as good this season (probably something to do with the fact he's facing top pairings now).

Rodier is the best player in the M/V Conf. in my opinion.

Old
11-16-2013, 06:41 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Parker hasn't been nearly as good this season (probably something to do with the fact he's facing top pairings now).

Rodier is the best player in the M/V Conf. in my opinion.
And I bet if Rodier made more passes to Barr and Pearson/Vala he would have a lot more points then he does now. His strength and shot are hard for defenders and the goalies to handle. It is good for Perth that he has not gotten into many fights and seems to be staying away from that part of the game.

Is there any word on Pearson regarding trades in the CCHL? Nothing up on their website. Rumor on here was he was headed to Kemptville.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:18 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Not technically, and I think he realized that and tried to return.

They'd already gotten Plaschy at this point.

Shoutout to Perth, say what you want about Michael McLean, but tonight was pure class from that organization.
I dont think so, Couvrette had enough and left, didnt try to return and has now signed with Kemptville 73s and is starting tomorrow vs Cumberland Grads. You said you think he realized that and tried to return....as my boss says 'leave the thinkin to me'

Old
11-17-2013, 06:24 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
I dont think so, Couvrette had enough and left, didnt try to return and has now signed with Kemptville 73s and is starting tomorrow vs Cumberland Grads. You said you think he realized that and tried to return....as my boss says 'leave the thinkin to me'
He is AP'd with Kemptville and had already appeared in a couple of games back in October when Tugnutt was out.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Regardless of his situation, the Canadians have acquired a goaltender who is playing better now in Plaschy.

Old
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Maple Leaf Forever

Hats off to Mike McLean , The PBW crew and the great hockey fans in Perth over $49m raised for Brett Nugent...I think for a local Junior B franchise to show that kind of support to assist this young man is tremendous...God bless you Brett.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:30 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Forever View Post
Hats off to Mike McLean , The PBW crew and the great hockey fans in Perth over $49m raised for Brett Nugent...I think for a local Junior B franchise to show that kind of support to assist this young man is tremendous...God bless you Brett.
I believe he meant to say 49k. Great to see that from the Perth Blue Wings, very classy!

Old
11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Tonight's game at Sandy Hill will be pretty interesting: OJC hosts an up-and-down Gatineau squad.

Old
11-20-2013, 03:50 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Another good, entertaining matchup tonight at Sandy Hill sees the young Arnprior Packers roll into town with a 10-6-1 record.

Canadians looking to build on a solid comeback win over Gatineau last night.

Food for thought- Why did Almonte trade one of their best players and their top goaltender for virtually nothing?

Old
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Another good, entertaining matchup tonight at Sandy Hill sees the young Arnprior Packers roll into town with a 10-6-1 record.

Canadians looking to build on a solid comeback win over Gatineau last night.

Food for thought- Why did Almonte trade one of their best players and their top goaltender for virtually nothing?
OJC has deep pockets, how do you think they got collins last year? Heard there was a good sum of money on that trade that went Arnpriors way.

The two Ottawa teams always seem to get players to play for them, location could be a factor for some players but I think there is a money side to it that allows them to pull more veteran guys. Lots of the players that play in the metro/valley live in Ottawa and commute to their teams town in the valley so I do not think location is as big of a factor as some people make it out to be. Lots of the guys split driving to practice and games to make it easier on gas, and I am sure that the teams help them when it comes to the gas bill. Although that is not allowed it only makes sense for the kids who have to commute to play in the league.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Matrix20027

The two Ottawa teams always seem to get players to play for them, location could be a factor for some players but I think there is a money side to it that allows them to pull more veteran guys. Lots of the players that play in the metro/valley live in Ottawa and commute to their teams town in the valley so I do not think location is as big of a factor as some people make it out to be. Lots of the guys split driving to practice and games to make it easier on gas, and I am sure that the teams help them when it comes to the gas bill. Although that is not allowed it only makes sense for the kids who have to commute to play in the league.[/QUOTE]

"Although that is not allowed it only makes sense for the kids who have to commute to play in the league" really that makes me laugh. It goes on every year nothing will change that is why this league is so unbalanced rich teams against poor teams. Unless something is done and right now the people in power have their heads in the sand you will have rich teams at the top and poor at the bottom.

Old
11-21-2013, 06:44 AM
cchltier1fan

Although $$ is a factor, location is the biggest advantage, if you can be closer to home and/or school why not do it. They have a bigger base of quality players nearby.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:56 AM
HawksFanForever

Casselman Team to beat in the East

After seeing Casselman beat Winchester Hawks again last night 9-1 it looks like they will win that division again and the other teams better start drafting better or going after better players soon because this team has a great staff and also deep pockets as well.They have from what I have seen in the stats a very nicely put together team again this year and you can expect to see this every year from them.I can see this team going all the way to the finals again this year and having a chance to win it and then on to Newfoundland.

Old
11-22-2013, 11:55 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
After seeing Casselman beat Winchester Hawks again last night 9-1 it looks like they will win that division again and the other teams better start drafting better or going after better players soon because this team has a great staff and also deep pockets as well.They have from what I have seen in the stats a very nicely put together team again this year and you can expect to see this every year from them.I can see this team going all the way to the finals again this year and having a chance to win it and then on to Newfoundland.
Casselman had the team too last year but couldn't beat Athens goalie last year. They need a goalie to make sure they go all the way this year, that's their weakness hidden by their high scoring players.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
BeaverSports

It's been several years since I lived in Ottawa, but I know the OJC used to always play at Kilrea/Canterbury Arena. What was it that made them move to Sandy Hill this season?

Old
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
It's been several years since I lived in Ottawa, but I know the OJC used to always play at Kilrea/Canterbury Arena. What was it that made them move to Sandy Hill this season?
Have their own change room

Old
11-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
The two Ottawa teams always seem to get players to play for them, location could be a factor for some players but I think there is a money side to it that allows them to pull more veteran guys. Lots of the players that play in the metro/valley live in Ottawa and commute to their teams town in the valley so I do not think location is as big of a factor as some people make it out to be. Lots of the guys split driving to practice and games to make it easier on gas, and I am sure that the teams help them when it comes to the gas bill. Although that is not allowed it only makes sense for the kids who have to commute to play in the league.
"Although that is not allowed it only makes sense for the kids who have to commute to play in the league" really that makes me laugh. It goes on every year nothing will change that is why this league is so unbalanced rich teams against poor teams. Unless something is done and right now the people in power have their heads in the sand you will have rich teams at the top and poor at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID I couldn't AGREE MORE !!!!!!

Old
11-23-2013, 03:09 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Location is still a factor though.

i.e. OJC has a few players from Southern Ontario this season that are just up here to go to school. I'm sure these players wouldn't have played Junior B were it not for the fact the rink is within a 15-minute drive from their lodging.

Interesting perspective from back in the day:

My high school hockey coach played Junior A and B back in the mid-70's..and back then it was always the Valley teams that paid more for players.

eg. in 1974-75 he played for the Almonte Astros (I think that's what he said they were called) and made $40/wk plus gas money. That's twice as much as he made playing for Junior A Gloucester the same time period!

Just thought I'd share, I found that kinda cool.

Old
11-25-2013, 04:18 PM
hurricane11

Good game yesterday afternoon between the Aeros and Tikis. Hawkins has got us playing a team game and made us a real threat to win the division. Brockville played hard despite all the injuries have to think with so many key players out of the lineup that they will be in tough the rest of the way.

Old
11-25-2013, 04:38 PM
hockeyislife82

Wolves

Interesting weekend for Akwesasne. Lose 4-1 to the rebels then beat the vikings in OT. Anyone see those games?

Old
11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Wizwog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
Casselman had the team too last year but couldn't beat Athens goalie last year. They need a goalie to make sure they go all the way this year, that's their weakness hidden by their high scoring players.
Maybe addressing this problem with a 3 way deal with 2 metro teams

Old
11-26-2013, 01:25 PM
hockayfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyislife82 View Post
Interesting weekend for Akwesasne. Lose 4-1 to the rebels then beat the vikings in OT. Anyone see those games?
Akwesasne came out very flat vs. the rebels for whatever reason.
The next night vs. casselman they were not the same team at all.
A couple spirited scraps really gave the wolves a lot of momentum

Closed Thread