HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can we turn Brewer into a Souray

Old
12-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Can we turn Brewer into a Souray

In case we lose Souray to free agency Eric Brewer could be a good pickup for us. Brewer is a UFA also and should be able to sign him very reasonable. He is 3 years younger than Souray but reminds me of a young Souray 3 years ago. A player that has shown flashes at times but is being mishandled in St.Louis. Brewer has a good shot, size and can skate. He does make bonehead plays at times like Souray did. But under Carbo we could develop Brewer into something good.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:55 PM
les Habs

Well Souray was sorta Souray back then more than Brewer seems to be. Anyway, he'd be worth a look. Whatdya reckon he'll fetch?

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Brewer I dont know... but I wouldnt be surprised if Komisarek developped his offensive game to the point he's very dangerous on the PP.

He's got a killer slapshot already, he just take like half a year to release it. I guess that will improve with confidence.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Blades 0f Steel

I often wondered if we can turn Souray into a Brewer.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 05:04 PM
henri2014

I think brewer could be usefull if we loose sourray hes gonna be 28 next year. I think hes the type of player a team might overpay tough. If hes the right price i would to have him on my team if not let him play somewhere elese.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I rather expect Brewer will command a surprsingly outrageous UFA salary. If Jay McKee gets $4M on the open market, well... Brewer might get numbers that are mind-numbingly close enough to Souray's that I'd rather just have Souray.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 07:43 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

lol so true.

Brewer and Souray have completely different talents, I don't see how they can be the same player.

12-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Pascal

I'd take Brewer any day. The guy has a big frame and he has skill to go with it. I think he can do a lot better than he has in St. Louis so far. Remember he was on Team Canada more than once.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 View Post
In case we lose Souray to free agency Eric Brewer could be a good pickup for us. Brewer is a UFA also and should be able to sign him very reasonable. He is 3 years younger than Souray but reminds me of a young Souray 3 years ago. A player that has shown flashes at times but is being mishandled in St.Louis. Brewer has a good shot, size and can skate. He does make bonehead plays at times like Souray did. But under Carbo we could develop Brewer into something good.
all indications are that a few team are going to try to pick Brewer up for the cheap

so--economics dictate that it will be a price war and what was once on the cheap is now and arm and a leg

Brewer will get a contract for about 4mill a year or something like the Willie MItchell deal out of VAncouver

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Marc-E-

I heard a lot of bashing on Brewer in differents forums. But, I think with a good as we're right now he will look good. The guy is big and can skate. Two good attributes for a d-man in the new NHL. I still consider a move with the Blues at the deadline for a guy like Cajanek and Brewer. Involving picks and prospects.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote