HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
He was never on the bottom line so it wasn't a move at all. Maybe in your mind.
Smith started last game with Cullen and Goose. They were quite literally the 4th line to make an appearance that night. Smith was playing well and got shuffled into the other lines later in the game.

Quote:
You and others rag Smith because he is not a Kane, Crosby, or Stamkos.

You fail to see what he is and the the fact that he atleast tries to score an forecheck hard everygame and is one of the only Preds who does not disappear for long periods of time.
Please provide a shred of evidence of this. You are confused and/or delusional.

Quote:
This team does not even have lines. Trotz changes lines constantly and everyone knows the Preds do nor have definate lines per say so your diagnosis of him being demoted to the 4th line is flawed from the start.
If you read, you will see that I just said this.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:32 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Smith started last game with Cullen and Goose. They were quite literally the 4th line to make an appearance that night. Smith was playing well and got shuffled into the other lines later in the game.

Please provide a shred of evidence of this. You are confused and/or delusional.

If you read, you will see that I just said this.
A line with Goose and Cullen is not a 4th line on this team. You have no evidence to prove that he was punished. He had over 14 minutes of ice time last night and over 11 the gamegame before where he was a 0 not -3 like you try to imagine.

Go back and read your post guy. You clearly bring up Smith out of nowhere and say some ********. You are on these boards just like i am if you haven't seen the trashing and trade him posts over and over go do yourself some reading.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
A line with Goose and Cullen is not a 4th line on this team. You have no evidence to prove that he was punished. He had over 14 minutes of ice time last night and over 11 the gamegame before where he was a 0 not -3 like you try to imagine.

Go back and read your post guy. You clearly bring up Smith out of nowhere and say some ********. You are on these boards just like i am if you haven't seen the trashing and trade him posts over and over go do yourself some reading.
Goose is our 4th line center. There really is no arguing this. The stats support it. The eyeball test supports it. And if you would please read my posts, you would see that I said there isn't much difference between our 1st and 4th lines.

Um, there were several posters discussing Smith practicing with Goose and Hendricks. It wasn't out of nowhere. We were talking about the new line combos that Cooper tweeted.

Old
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Goose is our 4th line center. There really is no arguing this. The stats support it. The eyeball test supports it. And if you would please read my posts, you would see that I said there isn't much difference between our 1st and 4th lines.

Um, there were several posters discussing Smith practicing with Goose and Hendricks. It wasn't out of nowhere. We were talking about the new line combos that Cooper tweeted.
Obviously you don't comprehend that Trotz shakes the lines up all the time. None of that means he was being punished by playing on an imaginary "4th" line.
Again Smith shuts you and several others up again tonight. Clearly one of are best forwards this year.

Old
11-16-2013, 10:11 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Goose is one of the highest goal scorers on the team at ES. The stats support it (T-2nd). A line with Goose, Smith, and Cullen is not a 4th line. It's a balanced line with grit, scoring, and two speedy players.

Cooper is a waste of bandwidth when it comes to projecting lines and keeping up with meaningful Preds news. He makes me miss having a real beat writer every day.

Old
11-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Goose is one of the highest goal scorers on the team at ES. The stats support it (T-2nd). A line with Goose, Smith, and Cullen is not a 4th line. It's a balanced line with grit, scoring, and two speedy players.

Cooper is a waste of bandwidth when it comes to projecting lines and keeping up with meaningful Preds news. He makes me miss having a real beat writer every day.
11th in ES time on ice per game. 3 way tie for 9th in ES points. Hendricks is his most common linemate. Starts and ends the least in the offensive zone. Nothing you said is convincing me isn't our 4th line center. Not really sure what it being balanced has to do with anything. It's probably the best 4th line in the league, but it is still our number 4 line.

I agree Cooper leaves much to be desired, but he was right with the line combos. Only difference was Fisher was a late go so the centers got shuffled around. Smith started the game with Goose.

Old
11-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Obviously you don't comprehend that Trotz shakes the lines up all the time. None of that means he was being punished by playing on an imaginary "4th" line.
Again Smith shuts you and several others up again tonight. Clearly one of are best forwards this year.
Trotz shakes his lines up? I had no idea

How does Smith "shut me up" when I've been one of his biggest supporters since he entered the league? I merely commented that he had a few poor outings recently and suddenly I'm Byrddog. Smith was good in Pittsburgh and excellent tonight. He's really picked up his game.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:04 AM
PFL615

Trotz on radio this am when asked about FF and Ekholm. Said FF could be back next week an wasn't with the team and Ekholm could be back Saturday.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:26 AM
jntarheels

vCash: 444
Quote:
Trotz on radio this am when asked about FF and Ekholm. Said FF could be back next week an wasn't with the team and Ekholm could be back Saturday.
That was my question from Facebook... I asked how Nystrom was doing after the hit on Friday and when would we see Forsberg and Ekholm back in the line-up.

Trotz said that Nystrom had been skating with the team and they were just following the CBA mandated procedures with concussions. Forsberg is not on the trip (which I knew), so would not be back in to at least after the weekend, and Ekholm is on the trip, but he has liked the way our defense has played so he will be out at least until after Saturdays game.

Last edited by jntarheels: 11-20-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Now listening to Marek vs Wyshynski May 1, 2012 episode ... where Jeff & Greg rip on the Radulov/Kostitsyn thing

Old
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
jntarheels

vCash: 444

Thought this pic was pretty cool from Saturday night's game!! Didn't know Horny had such good hops!!!

Old
11-21-2013, 07:47 AM
PFL615

The Ads got some serious play on free beer and hotwings show this morning. They were laughing and enjoying some audio of from players in the penalty box after a fight last night
The Ads guy was congratulating the Griffins player for a good fight and respect. He then asks about Toots and says he wants to fight him. Apparently he tried to fight Toots after he got out of the box but Toots wouldn't go.
Video is on their websote if anyone wants to see it.

Old
11-21-2013, 09:03 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Ads got some serious play on free beer and hotwings show this morning. They were laughing and enjoying some audio of from players in the penalty box after a fight last night
The Ads guy was congratulating the Griffins player for a good fight and respect. He then asks about Toots and says he wants to fight him. Apparently he tried to fight Toots after he got out of the box but Toots wouldn't go.
Video is on their websote if anyone wants to see it.
I imagine Tootoo is like the old gunslinger in the west... every new kid in town wants to try to prove himself against the NHL veteran...

I wouldnt blame Jordin if he turned down all fight requests... he needs to be trying to find any scoring touch he might have once had if he ever hopes to get another chance in the NHL

Old
11-21-2013, 08:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

we have seen the drama that the last three weeks have been several times before

Act I Preds uncharacteristically start scoring in bunches

Act II Forwards all think they can score at will and forget to play defense, leading to ugly losses

Act III Trotz clamps down ruthlessly, re-establishing defense at the expense of all else, resulting in a couple of games where it looks like we will never score again

Act IV Team returns to the system as the coaches intend and we start winning again by playing "Predator Hockey"

Old
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
we have seen the drama that the last three weeks have been several times before

Act I Preds uncharacteristically start scoring in bunches

Act II Forwards all think they can score at will and forget to play defense, leading to ugly losses

Act III Trotz clamps down ruthlessly, re-establishing defense at the expense of all else, resulting in a couple of games where it looks like we will never score again

Act IV Team returns to the system as the coaches intend and we start winning again by playing "Predator Hockey"
That's a good way to put it. Consistency has not been there all season. I'm hopeful we are seeing the start of a long successful stretch with these 3 wins.

Old
11-25-2013, 09:46 AM
AintLifeGrand

I love our current Goal Song.. However it would be cool if we could add another Country song to the mix....

I've had to listen to alot of Luke Bryan due to my girlfran and have been thinking the chrous to "Thats My Kind of Night"

1:12 mark

Also FL/GA Line Cruise should be played late in the 3rd period if we are up by 3 goals.

I think its important for the games/team to maintain a unique Southern/Nashville culture from the Bridge Atmosphere, PR, Marketing etc.

Also hope we never change All I Do Is Win after home games... Always wanted the Thrash to adopt this , since the obvious ATL rap connection, but that never materialized

Last edited by AintLifeGrand: 11-25-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old
11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Until about two months ago, I thought Florida Georgia Line was the name of a song.

Old
11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
The PH Factor

http://holidaycard.nashvillepredators.com/

Gotta love it when the Preds do this kind of fun, value-add stuff. Great franchise!

Old
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post

Gotta love it when the Preds do this kind of fun, value-add stuff. Great franchise!
Ellis and Jones were pretty funny.

Old
11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
GeauxPreds

Someone needs to make a .gif of all the brief jones clips and put it into an avatar sized image for me to use.

Old
11-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post

First thing that came to mind around the mid point of that video

That was pretty cool.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:50 AM
sighthndlady

PlayoffStatus.com shows Preds with the toughest strength of schedule in the whole NHL so far:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/westernsosag.html

So maybe there's hope!

Old
11-26-2013, 09:58 AM
WartracePred

I never caught what happened to Horny or long he'll be out. Update please???

Old
11-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I never caught what happened to Horny or long he'll be out. Update please???
he got hit in the chest with a puck against the Rangers, I think it was said yesterday that he will likely be out at least this week.

Old
11-26-2013, 06:36 PM
The PH Factor

Just found this gem as well.

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/11/2...eo-seth-jones/

'MERICA!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread