HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Canadiens 11-16-2013

Old
11-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 500
Boyle brings some defensive help to brassards third line. I like him there

Look u don't break up your best line so this is pretty clear to me

Hagelin Richards Nash
Kreider Stepan MZA
Boyle Brassard Callahan
Pouliot Moore Dorsett
Pyatt

Miller should be playing 20 mins in the A

Cally gets plenty of top special teams mins and late mins he'd still get his usual ice time on the third line and I think he'd help brassard raise his game (and brass is playing hard just watch him)

To me it's pretty simple there what to do with the lineup

I'd also keep MDZ as long as I could only moving him at the deadline for maybe an offensive righty shot or a forward if someone is hurt

Otherwise I keep putting him in there

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, I LOVE how the Rangers analysts are talking about this amazing speed the Rangers have. This is almost the same team as last year post-deadline. It's the coaching. Torts leaves all of a sudden the Rangers play fast.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, I LOVE how the Rangers analysts are talking about this amazing speed the Rangers have. This is almost the same team as last year post-deadline. It's the coaching. Torts leaves all of a sudden the Rangers play fast.
Well, we were didn't have Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan in the lineup earlier. Obviously Callahan doesn't have the speed the other two do, but he's still a great skater. When you improve the skating on 25% of your forwards by inserting new players, the team suddenly looks a lot faster.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Well, we were didn't have Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan in the lineup earlier. Obviously Callahan doesn't have the speed the other two do, but he's still a great skater. When you improve the skating on 25% of your forwards by inserting new players, the team suddenly looks a lot faster.
Right, but they were comparing it to years past. Last year after the deadline we didn't have Kreider most of the year and when he played he was a different player but that team wasn't much different than this one. We're faster than last year by a lot because of Torts.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
While true he also has them playing a much more up tempo game.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
The Redden- John Giannone he is terrible calling games
Not a JG fan, in fact when I saw he was calling the game last night I switched over to the HNIC feed...however in his defense he gets what 5-6 games a year to call? Not really fair to put him in that spot...thankfully I didn't have to endure it

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Right, but they were comparing it to years past. Last year after the deadline we didn't have Kreider most of the year and when he played he was a different player but that team wasn't much different than this one. We're faster than last year by a lot because of Torts.
Well, let's look at it in terms of skating and our playoff lineup of last year vs right now.

Pyatt, Asham, Dorsett returning from injury, Powe/Clowe/Newbury/Haley at various times, Kreider of last year, Richards of last year

Pouliot, Miller, in game condition and timing Dorsett, Moore, Kreider of this year, Richards of this year.

I know which group skates better. You're talking about improving the skating of half the forward corps.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. We are definitely playing a more aggressive game and attacking the puck more. But the truth is that this team is better suited for that kind of game than last year's team was to begin with.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:13 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
I think you're underestimating the effect of a 6'3 player who skates like Kreider does.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote