HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Jeffrey claimed by Stars

Old
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

vCash: 500
Dustin Jeffrey claimed by Stars

Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey
Quote:
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers. The team also announced that it has reassigned defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691955

SCBdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Hurt

Was he not playing well in PITT?

11-17-2013, 12:34 PM
SteenMachine

Seems like a decent snag for Dallas but I don't have the context of it all.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Was he not playing in PITT?
More so this, but that was influenced a bit by the unedited original quote.

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Pens fans cried and cried because Bylsma wouldn't give him ice time and when he did get in to games he was either invisible or terrible. I don't think he was a bad player but he was useless and redundant here. I hope he does well in Dallas, he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:38 PM
wej20

Quote:
He was alright, Bylsma didn't seem to like him at all though. He ideally needs to be a 3rd line centre but he needs to grow into the role, he has absolutely no snarl.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Solid player who was forced into a Swiss Army Knife role in Pittsburgh...he can do everything, but absolutely nothing about his game stands out because of the fact he was never doing the same thing for long. His upside was pretty well tanked because of that (and the fact that Bylsma benched him for games at a time for no damn reason, Bylsma's twisted version of 'accountability' made Jeffrey a bit of a scapegoat), but he still should be a solid bottom sixer in this league.

That said, he's either been invisible or bad when in the line-up this year...so...eh. Bad asset management, but the team really isn't any worse off for it. Best of luck to Jeffrey in finding a more permanent role in Dallas.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Ugene Malkin
Pens Bohemian Rhaps

Dallas got a pretty good player if given the chance to stick into a role of either 3rd line LW/C position. He clearly was out of favor since his knee injury, he was doing quite well for himself leading up to that, shame. Hope all the best to him, he deserves a roster spot and if it means somewhere else then so be it.

Good Luck, DJ Jazzy!

Will miss these.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Vitto79

I know his sister in law and he wanted out of pits for a while to get playing time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:15 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I know his sister in law and he wanted out of pits for a while to get playing time
Not surprised at all.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
It's weird that there was no announcement that he was even waived.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
yankeesdynsty*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He was alright, Bylsma didn't seem to like him at all though. He ideally needs to be a 3rd line centre but he needs to grow into the role, he has absolutely no snarl.
Again, I'll say it, just FIRE Bylsma, he is the worthless one on the team, doesn't like to change anything up, unless its for the 2014 Olympics

yankeesdynsty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:21 PM
idiroft

If this envolves scratching goons like Garbutt or Roussel it should improve the league.

idiroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:23 PM
gordie

Pens keep Dan Bylsma Pet the 36 year old Craig Adams and put 25 year old Dustin Jeffrey on Waivers. Sums up the problems we have here in Pittsburgh at the moment.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:26 PM
yankeesdynsty*

Since the 09 cup win, the Pens have gone down the ski hill. Prior, the Bylsma, team was built to win, now they moving downward. He was a grinder as a player & coaches like one. Sits on leads & costs them games. Pens had many players to make all round team, not now. Example, money tied up in long term contract(s) (Malkin/Letang etc). When they could trade someone like say Letang, free up $ and bring in more forwards, they have young defenseman so I'm told, unless they they are not good.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:28 PM
yankeesdynsty*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Pens keep Dan Bylsma Pet the 36 year old Craig Adams and put 25 year old Dustin Jeffrey on Waivers. Sums up the problems we have here in Pittsburgh at the moment.
Agree Adams can go as well, useless

Old
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Burgs

Jeffrey is quite a versatile guy, can do a bit of everything. Plays LW or C, was very productive as a 1st liner in the AHL, can kill penalties as well. His problem was (other than not being part of Bylsma's thirtysomething poker buddies) that he isn't great at any one thing so he never found a niche. A bit too slow and too soft to be a 4th line grinder, and there will always be more skilled players on the scoring lines. His ACL tear just as he was about to become a regular on the Pens some years ago decided his fate here. I'm just glad he's getting to play somewhere else now.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Primetimey

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
If this envolves scratching goons like Garbutt or Roussel it should improve the league.
TIL Garbutt and Roussel are goons.

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:57 PM
yankeesdynsty*

I'm assuming no-one here believes the Pens should FIRE Bylsma which can help solve the problem in Pittsburgh. Everyone blames players for not producing, in that case, then Malkin should be scoring GOALS, not just getting assists for peeks sake. Bylsma needs to learn to change things up. Like last year when Iginla expressed playing next to Crosby, did it happen, NO, Bylsma uses him on his off wing next to Malkin. If a player expresses interests, Bylsma will do opposite. He is not that great of coach. change coach, then move from there. I would love to see Jeffrey play extremely well to stick it up Bylsma & Shero's BUTT!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-17-2013, 02:01 PM
yankeesdynsty*

I forgot, all the Pens fans love him too much for the 09 cup which was 4 years ago, I repeat, 4 years ago. He has good regular season record, but come playoffs, where is here, vacationing already, oh I forgot, the fans love him too much

Old
11-17-2013, 02:04 PM
PAZ

How many players have the Pens lost via waivers over the past few years? Seems like a decent amount.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:17 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
How many players have the Pens lost via waivers over the past few years? Seems like a decent amount.
Over the last few years, these are the young players we lost for essentially nothing:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

No one extreme there. Pens board is having an aneurism about this though, like we waived Bennett or something. He's a depth F, no more.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Stonewall

inb4 he is on a list of waiver mistakes 5 years from now.

Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesdynsty View Post
I'm assuming no-one here believes the Pens should FIRE Bylsma which can help solve the problem in Pittsburgh. Everyone blames players for not producing, in that case, then Malkin should be scoring GOALS, not just getting assists for peeks sake. Bylsma needs to learn to change things up. Like last year when Iginla expressed playing next to Crosby, did it happen, NO, Bylsma uses him on his off wing next to Malkin. If a player expresses interests, Bylsma will do opposite. He is not that great of coach. change coach, then move from there. I would love to see Jeffrey play extremely well to stick it up Bylsma & Shero's BUTT!!!!!!!!!
What are you talking about? Go look at the Pens board. There are a lot of us that realize that Bylsma has become a problem.

Not that Malkin doesn't need to play better because he does. So does Letang but the Bylsmagic has ran out & people are jumping ship.

As for DJ I wish him the best of luck. He kicked Bylsma's dog or something because he really never got a real chance & once Engelland started playing forward over him it became embarrassing.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
SimplySolace

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
What are you talking about? Go look at the Pens board. There are a lot of us that realize that Bylsma has become a problem.

Not that Malkin doesn't need to play better because he does. So does Letang but the Bylsmagic has ran out & people are jumping ship.
Off topic, but sounds a lot like Detroit and Babcock.

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote