HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhnov, interested ??

Old
12-24-2006, 02:58 PM
TSV

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
Mikhnov, interested ??

Would you make a move to get this russian if the Oilers are looking to trade him ??

Alexei Mikhnov have some problem to adapt to north america.
The oilers seems to have waitin enough already and might be looking to trade him before he goes back to russia.
The big LW still have the talent and potential to be a big second line winger !! And with is size could be a nice fit to play with Kovy !!

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Blades 0f Steel

I imagine he's got a bad contract status if the Oilers can't send him down. We're winning now, and already have some underacheiving players as well as promising prospects. Habs are in a position to address weaknesses, not to take flyers on promising players.

Merry Christmas.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Of course we are interested in Mikhnov!

Chistov was traded to boston for a 3rd round pick.
I think both are in the same situation...

2 russians, both first rounders,under-archivers, cant perform right now in N/A...

So yes, we got two 3rd round pick this year, i would gladly trade one 3rd round pick for Alexei Mikhnov,.. he would play with the bulldogs and would obtain a chance to show his skills during the pre-season

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 05:24 PM
VGTvidz

Why should we get another winger when we already have plenty of them... Kosti is about to be NHL ready and we already have like 6 top-two wingers in the current roster. No thanks!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 06:55 PM
guest1467

I would rather try and sign Zhamnov next year. He has been playing in the Russian elite for the last two years, if im not mistaken he led the league last year and is leading now, he is a pending UFA next season and he has stated he would like to come back to the NHL next year.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 07:01 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I would rather try and sign Zhamnov next year. He has been playing in the Russian elite for the last two years, if im not mistaken he led the league last year and is leading now, he is a pending UFA next season and he has stated he would like to come back to the NHL next year.
Alexei Zhamnov is retired...

and if he come out of retirement, he was under contract with Boston till 2007-08 season...

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I doubt the Oilers would be giving up on him before truly seeing him play in the NHL. They've waited so long for him to finally come over to North America, and they heavily touted him all off-season when they knew that he would be coming. I watched him practice and play several times last September, and I can tell you that he is a fairly good player with the puck. For such a big body, he has very nice touch and can be dangerous in the offensive zone. He leaves plenty to be desired in the defensive zone however. Yet, I think the Oilers really think this guy will be in their lineup full-time. Unfortunately for him, the Oilers didn't have much room on their offensive lines, so he was sent down to work on his game. For this reason, I doubt that he is going to be moved.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote