HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 20: Preds vs. Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | The team is cold as ICE

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
This is shocking ... 215 arrests made LAST Night

Old
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
The best thing about the game wasn't the scoring it was Mazenec playing really well. He made some great saves that should have been goals. Also the only goal he could have stopped was the 1st, the second was a bit cheap and I have seen Hornqvist called for goalie interference for less than Shaw? did by pushing Cullen into Mazenec.

I am also glad Smith is still playing well and Hornqvist is having one of his best seasons this year.
Absolutely love Hornqvist. Brings it every single game.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I thought the rivalry was between Chicago and Nashville, not NPD vs Hawks fans.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
predfan98

Here's a screenshot of the police report from the arrest I saw last night pic.twitter.com/fmmOU34X5f

it's from jrlind twitter and has a description of one of the arrests that he saw

Old
11-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Here's a screenshot of the police report from the arrest I saw last night pic.twitter.com/fmmOU34X5f

it's from jrlind twitter and has a description of one of the arrests that he saw
morons gonna moron

Old
11-17-2013, 02:41 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
It's funny because I saw that group mentioned in that screen shot and the woman that assaulted the officer was crying and whining "I didn't do anything!"

Old
11-17-2013, 02:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

1000+ tickets donated to service men and women because Chicago fans had to buy a 2nd ticket

Old
11-17-2013, 02:56 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
1000+ tickets donated to service men and women because Chicago fans had to buy a 2nd ticket
There's the silver lining I guess.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
thecloser

look i know we scored 7 goals, and good lord am i very happy about that, but WHYYY are we still scratching Forsberg. Make a decision, leave him in MIL or play him here. Killing the kids confidence by scratching him isn't going to teach him anything...

gotta let him work through the mistakes and learn from them by playing. not sitting. just my two cents.

Old
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
look i know we scored 7 goals, and good lord am i very happy about that, but WHYYY are we still scratching Forsberg. Make a decision, leave him in MIL or play him here. Killing the kids confidence by scratching him isn't going to teach him anything...

gotta let him work through the mistakes and learn from them by playing. not sitting. just my two cents.
Injury scratch last night.

Old
11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
dubgeek

Quote:

Last night's scratch was for upper body injury according to the broadcast.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
I was waiting for someone to confirm that it was an injury & not just a regular healthy scratch, thought I heard it on the injury report in the rink but couldn't quite tell

Old
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Forgot, Dave Mustaine was in attendance last night. They put him on the tron for a few seconds.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:08 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

...who?

EDIT: (Googles it) Oh. Hm. Well. Proof we're in Music City, hey?

Last edited by jwhouk: 11-17-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Googled it.
Old
11-17-2013, 09:00 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
ahh thank you. i didn't know that. do we know to what extent?

Old
11-17-2013, 09:35 PM
AEM6729

Man what a game. I don't know where that came from but we need more of it!

Lot of hating on Hawks fans in here…I actually like that so many of them show up; it makes for a more intense, playoff-life atmosphere. It's fun! Sure, a lot of them are really obnoxious (which is interesting because when I went to a game in Chicago last year those fans were really nice and welcoming…guess the ones that travel are more annoying), but I love the atmosphere in general. We didn't have any problems with them in our section.

Stalberg scoring that goal immediately after theirs to shut their fans up was SO sweet. Probably my favorite moment of the night!

Old
11-17-2013, 10:15 PM
thecloser

Stally!!!!

Old
11-18-2013, 05:07 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well that game was fun! 7-2 Hell yeah!! The Preds were on Chicago from the minute the puck dropped until the end of the game. Everyone was ready to go at 7:00. Won the faceoffs, dictated the game, blocked shots like crazy, had them completely frustrated. They played smart and under control. Tight checking, great defensive awareness, good goaltending, good offensive zone execution/awareness, and most importantly cashing in on all the grade A scoring chances they had! Easily the best, most complete game they have played all year!

I love that 7 different guys scored a goal. Love the Weber bomb!

Mazanec made some great saves. They must have done a lot of video work with him on Chicago players because he seemed very aware of where the shots were going to come from and who was shooting. Definitely earned another start, hopefully he can build on this win (Congrats Maz on his first NHL WIN!) and continue to improve.

This is the way they are capable of playing every game. Granted, not every goalie they face is going to be a sieve and not every defense is going to be swiss cheese, but the way the Preds played and dictated the game flow shows they can hang with anyone.

And all of you that sold/gave away your tickets just because you didn't want to be around the other fans, serves you right for missing this game!

I didn't have that bad of chicago fans near me. One guy in the row behind me started off kind of mouthy about the Preds. But as the game got more out of hand he turned his ire to the hawks. I enjoyed his whiny "Where's that Hawk fighting spirit?" in the third period. He was pretty silent after Stalberg's goal. And one guy across the aisle kept wanting to fight this other Pred fan a few rows back. They guys behind me did say they liked the goalie chants. But I did talk to this one hawk fan after the game, and he was a nice guy. He wanted to know about the worst fans and even he thought it was hawk fans. He said he had other hawk fans want to fight him because he told them to sit down because no one could see. He said he loved the arena and the atmosphere. But this guy and almost every single other hawk fan I heard or actually talked to said they LOVED! this city.

I was a little disappointed that when it was 6-2 or 7-2 we didn't hear any Rocky Top. I don't care how you feel about the song, when the Preds are blowing out a team with a lot of their fans in the building, play it. You know, just to let Hawk fans know where they really were Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin
PREDATORS, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER AND BE READY TO PLAY SATURDAY DAMMIT!
Thanks Preds. You sure did have your crap together on Saturday! That was a beautiful game!

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Everyone I just want to apologize really quickly we have been lose at a rapid pace because I have not been wearing my lucky preds shirt. I know thats really bot very responsible of me but do not worry I will be wearing it tonight. We will win tonight no worries.
You better tattoo that shirt to your body!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
In my experience with Chicago fans, many of them will still talk even after watching their team get beat down.
They came in hollering and running their mouths. They got pretty silent pretty quick. After losing 7-2 not many had anything to say. Except for 3 guys screaming in a woman's face with the customary "Yeah, well, how many banners do you have?!?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Very true. However my hatred for the Wings has died down a lot now. Hawks have stepped right up. It's funny though, I actually like watching the Hawks on ice. The fans are what really turn me off about them.
That's how I feel. I like their team. I like Kane, Seabrook, Shaw, Saad. But I really hate their fans (and for some reason, I really can't stand Towes, don't know why, I just hate his face.)

Quote:
morons gonna moron

Quote:
ahh thank you. i didn't know that. do we know to what extent?
Trotz said that Forsberg told him he got hurt in Milwaukee and then said FF didn't look right in Pittsburgh. I believe he is "day-to-day".

Old
11-18-2013, 05:35 AM
predfan98

well, all of you liking having the hawks fan atmosphere, I bequeath you a gift. And I am your grandmothers age, or at least some of you and certainly was with this group of 30 something hawks fans---male and female.
So next game, you can have screaming obscenities in your ear, not having a seat because they won't get out of yours, (no usher or security in site), more in your face aggressive behavior, pushing , "accidentally spilling beer everywhere"..........and then you get to search down someone at the Preds that will actually do a damn thing. Oh, and while you search in the concourse you get pushed twice by a group of hawks fans that have to get somewhere faster than you... with much of the same behavior.

Next game, I'll have nat hardens number on speed dial (and tell him first why I'd be calling so he knows) and also a number to call report to Metro for that reason specifically. I don't think I want the consequences of taking pepper spray in my purse and clearing out my path thru the arena. Yes, it was bad.........and I'm tired of being a woman intidmidated by drunks bigger than me. If the Preds don't like it, they can deal with the news aftermath the next time about their "non family friendly" atmosphere and how threatening it was that a grandmother felt they had to take pepper spray in.

There really should be a text number to call in the arena to report this kind of behavior. I suggested it to someone several times last year, but apparently they didn't think it warranted..

Old
11-18-2013, 07:41 AM
hockey diva

Call and Email your experience to Jeff Cogen and everyone else in the FO. They need to know that their keep the red out plan did not work and that beefed up security would be a better investment. I refuse to put up with crap like that and so spent the evening with friends at an Irish pub listening to music.

Old
11-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
I hear all these horror stories about Chicago fans making life unbearable for us and stuff, but I never experience it. I mean, I'm younger so maybe I'm a little more tolerant and things going on and I'm not paying as much attention to what's said or done but outside of simply how many of them there are, they don't bother me. I met a few really cool people that came down from Chicago to have fun and get away for a weekend, as is pretty customary for me. I never walk away thinking anything bad about them, or the atmosphere. My friends and I love when Chicago is in town.

BLUES fans, different story completely. They suck. Hawks fans, I couldn't care less.

And as for the whole "Keep the Red Out" thing, that was never going to work and it never will. And it makes us look stupid and childish in the process.

Old
11-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I hear all these horror stories about Chicago fans making life unbearable for us and stuff, but I never experience it. I mean, I'm younger so maybe I'm a little more tolerant and things going on and I'm not paying as much attention to what's said or done but outside of simply how many of them there are, they don't bother me. I met a few really cool people that came down from Chicago to have fun and get away for a weekend, as is pretty customary for me. I never walk away thinking anything bad about them, or the atmosphere. My friends and I love when Chicago is in town.

BLUES fans, different story completely. They suck. Hawks fans, I couldn't care less.

And as for the whole "Keep the Red Out" thing, that was never going to work and it never will. And it makes us look stupid and childish in the process.
Same deal; I have never had an issue with Hawks fans and I've done ~5 Saturday night vs. CHI games at the Bridge sitting in the cell block or other cheap seats. Not saying it doesn't happen or refuting others' accounts, but I've generally had good experiences with Hawks and even Red Wings fans.

That said, I am from the Northeast originally, have been to ~10 different barns and, I say this without much bias, Preds fans are some of the kindest fans in the game. I lived in Philly for six years and we had season tickets to the Flyers; Philadelphia has the worst fans on the planet barnone. I also went to five of the seven NYR v WSH playoff games in the first round last year; WSH fans were total dicks in the upper mezz area. This poor NYR couple had popcorn rained down on them almost non-stop for 2 hours. Someone spiked a full bratwurst at them during the Game 7 blowout.

I miss Nashville...

Old
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
predfan98

I've been to 26 different NHL arenas. I've encountered a lot of nice people, some indifferent , some rude. I usually have a great time talking to people.
But never the hostile in your face behavior of these Hawks fans.
I'm not intimidating, I'm not drunk. I don't give a damn how many f bombs are dropped around me.
But I will not be aggressively harassed by male or female drunks anymore.

Frankly it makes me sad that so many people I know, did not go to the game specifically for the reason they did not want to put up with boorish drunk nastiness.

And as for all of you saying you're a little more tolerant--- I bet you didn't have someone outweighing you by 200 lbs pushing you, spitting in your face cursing you out, and pinning you in where you couldn't move. And if you saw that happening to a woman and didn't speak up.........shame on you.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:14 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Some of our fans were just as bad. I even apologized to a couple Hawk fans the way they were spoken too.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I've been to 26 different NHL arenas. I've encountered a lot of nice people, some indifferent , some rude. I usually have a great time talking to people.
But never the hostile in your face behavior of these Hawks fans.
I'm not intimidating, I'm not drunk. I don't give a damn how many f bombs are dropped around me.
But I will not be aggressively harassed by male or female drunks anymore.

Frankly it makes me sad that so many people I know, did not go to the game specifically for the reason they did not want to put up with boorish drunk nastiness.

And as for all of you saying you're a little more tolerant--- I bet you didn't have someone outweighing you by 200 lbs pushing you, spitting in your face cursing you out, and pinning you in where you couldn't move. And if you saw that happening to a woman and didn't speak up.........shame on you.

I don't blame you for feeling that way at all. Alcohol makes lots of people stark, raving idiots and spending money seems to give some of the travelers an unwarranted sense of entitlement. But yes I agree that there needs to be a way for folks who just want a good night out to report unruly fans and the team needs to work on that. We watched the fight break out in 304 about ten rows or so below us and have to give props to the Blackhawks fans in and around 304 Row S adjacent to us for admitting the stupidity we all had seen and even had a lot of 'nice game for y'all' congrats as they left at the end.

Luckily I rarely have the intimidating fan issue towards me being almost the size of a NFL lineman and have my seats on the perch of 303/304 where I hold the high ground. I chose those not only for the ledge to put my things when I went to the games and was handy the several times I brought the family, but also for the history I used to watch at Hawks/Blues games at the old Arena/Checkerdome in StL growing up (yes I went 'native' here in Tennessee against my hockey roots). There used to be many a fight between Chicagoan and Brewery worker from StL in the stands at those games in the 80's and a push down the stairs was often the demise of many a drunk fan. It was awful and exciting for a kid at the same time; but having a family also doesn't make me really want to be in a Chapelle segment of 'Keepin' it Real Gone Wrong' at a hockey game, so logically I chose the defensive position. I had a drunk kid from StL once try to give me a load of BS to pick a fight and his buddies and I just looked at him and said that those stairs look awfully far down... He was pretty quiet about taunts the rest of the game and his buddies bought me a beer or two... Maybe I just need to swap out seats with you next time the Hawks are in town!!!

Closed Thread