HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

Old
11-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
And Laviolette failed in Philly with a better team.
More like Holmgren failed to land him a decent goalie when they were at their peak. Anybody in their right mind knew that getting Bryzgalov (especially with that contract) was a horrible idea. By the way, I don't consider losing in the SCF as 'failing'.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
More like Holmgren failed to land him a decent goalie when they were at their peak. Anybody in their right mind knew that getting Bryzgalov (especially with that contract) was a horrible idea. By the way, I don't consider losing in the SCF as 'failing'.
Let's be reality. Philly made it to the finals because we knocked out all the contenders in the East and Halak couldn't handle a team that actually went in front of the net. Plus he couldn't handle playing more than 10 games in a row.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM
SouthernHab

Marco Schällibaum laughs at the Habs.

Montreal Impact, with the Swiss head coach, had a home attendance average of 20,603.

The stadium capacity is 20,521, which means that the percentage of the time it is full and sold out is 100.40%.

Molson, open your eyes. This is 2013. Women can vote. A black man can be a President in the USA. The Canadiens should hire a coach based on competency, not the language he speaks.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:29 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

The Montreal Canadiens are very pleased to announce the hiring of Jacques Beaulieu as the new head coach.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Let's be reality. Philly made it to the finals because we knocked out all the contenders in the East and Halak couldn't handle a team that actually went in front of the net. Plus he couldn't handle playing more than 10 games in a row.
They made it to the finals because of their depth up front and on the back end. Take a look at that roster again and tell me the same thing.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Montreal Impact, with the Swiss head coach, had a home attendance average of 20,603.

The stadium capacity is 20,521, which means that the percentage of the time it is full and sold out is 100.40%.

Molson, open your eyes. This is 2013. Women can vote. A black man can be a President in the USA. The Canadiens should hire a coach based on competency, not the language he speaks.
Completely different situation. Soccer fans in Québec are not what I would call your typical pure laine québecois with the last name of Tremblay. There are some but they're a minority.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
The Flyers were a deep team and Pronger was a beast the entire playoffs. Holmgrem then decided to tear the team apart, getting rid of Richards and Carter, eventually trading JVR as well. Not to mention they never fully replaced Pronger and that their D became as big of a problem as their goaltending.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

I doubt anyone is retarded enough to think your prez. was elected because he's black. here in Montreal, even though we're in 2013, there's people retarded enough to think that every single time a frenchie is chosen for a job (whatever the job) with the Habs, the sole reason for his hiring is language...

sorry mate, if you speak french, you cannot be a competent "worker", very very sorry, it's technically impossible.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
If I were Molson id break the bank on a top coach with language being irrelevant. Next, have a solo announcement that explains he owns the team and wants to win; anyone against the new coach is against the Habs succeeding. Then, since we actually have a good coach, none of the media can whine since the Ws pile up. It just takes some guts to stand up to the media once, and the issue will be resolved. The Habs actually reapecting the threat of media is the problem. No ones going to care if were winning; and well win if we don't limit our options.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Habnot

Quote:

For the uninformed, coach does not need to be pure-laine, he needs to speak a working French - more than merci, bonjour....

BTW Marco Schällibaum speaks an impeccable french

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
care to name the english-only coaches who brought a cup to Montreal ?
Dick Irvin and Toe Blake, shall we continue?

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
care to name the english-only coaches who brought a cup to Montreal ?
Dick Irvin?

Toe Blake?

Although I find this entire argument smacks of nationalism. Nothing good comes from that.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:40 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Dick Irving, Toe Blake, Scotty Bowman, shall we continue?
just in case you missed it : english ONLY...

Old
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
just in case you missed it : english ONLY...
I put Scotty Bowman down without thinking about it, but remembered he's from Montreal. Toe Blake and Dick Irving were not french however.

It's also been how long since they've even allowed English coaches to be hired or interview? Probably since before Bowman in the 70s so it's kind of skewed.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
If I were Molson id break the bank on a top coach with language being irrelevant. Next, have a solo announcement that explains he owns the team and wants to win; anyone against the new coach is against the Habs succeeding. Then, since we actually have a good coach, none of the media can whine since the Ws pile up. It just takes some guts to stand up to the media once, and the issue will be resolved. The Habs actually reapecting the threat of media is the problem. No ones going to care if were winning; and well win if we don't limit our options.
One - where is this top coach that is not currently employed by an NHL team????

Two - so you name a coach and you can guarantee wins? Really - colour me impressed.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Smoky Thompson

I'm pretty sure Denis Coderre speaks French!

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Dick Irvin?

Toe Blake?

Although I find this entire argument smacks of nationalism
. Nothing good comes from that.
I'm not the genius here who thinks language will prevent us from winning

Old
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
I'm not the genius here who thinks language will prevent us from winning
Hiring second rate coaches like Therrien, Carbo et al because they can speak to the media will though.

Old
Habnot

Quote:
Dick Irving and Toe Blake, shall we continue?
Sure - because the two coaches you names are 60 years removed when French did not matter in Montreal.

More nonsense....

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I put Scotty Bowman down without thinking about it, but remembered he's from Montreal. Toe Blake and Dick Irving were not french however.

It's also been how long since they've even allowed English coaches to be hired or interview? Probably since before Bowman in the 70s so it's kind of skewed.
Bowman isnt a frenchie either, but he doesnt speak english only...

as for the other two, I'd suggest you do a little research...

Old
11-17-2013, 03:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I doubt anyone is retarded enough to think your prez. was elected because he's black. here in Montreal, even though we're in 2013, there's people retarded enough to think that every single time a frenchie is chosen for a job (whatever the job) with the Habs, the sole reason for his hiring is language...

sorry mate, if you speak french, you cannot be a competent "worker", very very sorry, it's technically impossible.
I never said he was elected because he was black. Being black did not disqualify him from the job.

That's my point. There should not be a disqualifier for a head coaching position anywhere in the NHL.

All I am saying is that times are changing around the world. The buzz words are diversity, tolerance and acceptance.

Montreal is a very cosmopolitan city with great diversity. Acceptance is accorded to every race, religion, sexual orientation etc and so on.........except for the Montreal Canadiens.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Hiring second rate coaches like Therrien, Carbo et al because they can speak to the media will though.
so, the only reason they were hired is to talk to the media...

obviously it cannot be for any other reason, they speak french afterall...

Old
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Sure - because the two coaches you names are 60 years removed when French did not matter in Montreal.

More nonsense....
Once again, it's been since the 50's/60's since management was even allowed to hire the best candidate regardless of nationality or language. Hard to judge the success when the option isn't even there but given the Irvin and Blake's success behind the bench you certainly can't argue against it.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:46 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
I never said he was elected because he was black. Being black did not disqualify him from the job.

That's my point. There should not be a disqualifier for a head coaching position anywhere in the NHL.

All I am saying is that times are changing around the world. The buzz words are diversity, tolerance and acceptance.

Montreal is a very cosmopolitan city with great diversity. Acceptance is accorded to every race, religion, sexual orientation etc and so on.........except for the Montreal Canadiens.

So you're saying that we should encourage diversity, tolerance and acceptance because they're buzzwords?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:47 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

That's my point.
There should not be a disqualifier for a head coaching position anywhere in the NHL.

I know, and you're making the exact same point I am... except here in Montreal, people think the only reason a french speaking coach would become the Habs HC is because ??