HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  #951
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Tokarski with another good game, wonder what it will take for him to start getting the bulk of the starts. Also a nice shot on the Leblanc goal, he ripped that one top shelf.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
  #952
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Tokarski with another good game, wonder what it will take for him to start getting the bulk of the starts. Also a nice shot on the Leblanc goal, he ripped that one top shelf.
Another bad example of an organization who doesn't want to admit their mistakes........It made no sense to not let Mayer leave the team.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 04:08 PM
  #953
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
How's Condon looking in the ECHL?

bcv is online now  
Old
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
  #954
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
How's Condon looking in the ECHL?
Didn't see him play but numbers alone.....0.932 Save. Pretty good to say the least.

Dogs and Habs should wake up and sign Carter Rowney playing for Wheeling now. Always like him in ND.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 07:32 AM
  #955
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Another bad example of an organization who doesn't want to admit their mistakes........It made no sense to not let Mayer leave the team.
Mayer's been streaky, though. When a player has highs and lows it can be tempting to keep him around and hope he hits the highs consistently. It's not happening, but I guess they have hope?

dcyhabs is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
  #956
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Didn't see him play but numbers alone.....0.932 Save. Pretty good to say the least.

Dogs and Habs should wake up and sign Carter Rowney playing for Wheeling now. Always like him in ND.
Use your insider influence to get the message to MB

HCH is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:01 AM
  #957
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!
 
Tinordi Ruxpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Sure do miss Danny Kristo. 16 pts in 16GP. Thomas has alot of catching up to do.

Tinordi Ruxpin is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:12 AM
  #958
Doublechin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi Ruxpin View Post
Sure do miss Danny Kristo. 16 pts in 16GP. Thomas has alot of catching up to do.
It's that obsession with character


Doublechin is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
  #959
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
hey guys, why isnt Dietz playing?

Madevilz is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
  #960
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi Ruxpin View Post
Sure do miss Danny Kristo. 16 pts in 16GP. Thomas has alot of catching up to do.
Means nothing! I wish people would give it up. Why didn't Kristo get the call when the Rangers were struggling? IMO he's a good AHL player, not enough for the NHL though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
hey guys, why isnt Dietz playing?
Wrist injury, probably 1-2 more weeks before we see him back.

Scratch that.. he is at practice, and just fought Tarnasky.. wtf?

DogsFan* is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
  #961
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Tarnasky and Dietz fighting at practice....isn't Dietz hurt? How great is it to fight an injured player?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:46 AM
  #962
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tarnasky and Dietz fighting at practice....isn't Dietz hurt? How great is it to fight an injured player?
A 32 years old Vet fighting a 20 years old rookie? I hope it wasn't violent.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:49 AM
  #963
habalifeok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
You are obviosly way to young to remember John Ferguson pummeling Bobby Hull in the playoffs. I mention it because Hull was injured at the time and was wearing a helmet designed to protect his broken jaw.God how I loved John Ferguson.

habalifeok is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 11:49 AM
  #964
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Nygren seems like a "minus" machine. How is he playing, overall?

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
  #965
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habalifeok View Post
You are obviosly way to young to remember John Ferguson pummeling Bobby Hull in the playoffs. I mention it because Hull was injured at the time and was wearing a helmet designed to protect his broken jaw.God how I loved John Ferguson.
But Ferguson wasn't on the same team. You aren't supposed to pummel your own injured player.

I do hope it's mostly smoke.

Treb is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
  #966
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Nygren seems like a "minus" machine. How is he playing, overall?
He's on ice almost as much as the goalie. No goals seem to happen for either team when he's not on the ice. It's a case like Suter for the Wild last year. He's not great defensively but he's not Beaulieu level bad.

Ezpz is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
  #967
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Wrist injury, probably 1-2 more weeks before we see him back.

Scratch that.. he is at practice, and just fought Tarnasky.. wtf?
lol... didnt expect such an entertaining response.

Madevilz is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 12:44 PM
  #968
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,085
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Means nothing! I wish people would give it up. Why didn't Kristo get the call when the Rangers were struggling? IMO he's a good AHL player, not enough for the NHL though.
Same reason why Habs won't call up Andrighetto/Nygren/etc when they struggle offensively. They're rookie pros and have things to get accustomed to before getting the call. Means nothing that a team doesn't call up a player from AHL because he's doing well as a rookie. Kucherov/Namestikov are making the AHL look like junior. Lightning have injuries yet won't call them up. I don't think it's fair to suggest it's because they are good AHLers and don't have enough for the NHL. They just happen to feel they will learn more/develop better in the AHL.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 01:01 PM
  #969
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He's on ice almost as much as the goalie. No goals seem to happen for either team when he's not on the ice. It's a case like Suter for the Wild last year. He's not great defensively but he's not Beaulieu level bad.
Beaulieu is not 'bad'.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 01:10 PM
  #970
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Beaulieu is not 'bad'.
Ok he's terrible. Beaulieu's probably the only person on the team where every single minus he has he was the direct reason the goal against happened.

Ezpz is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
  #971
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Ok he's terrible. Beaulieu's probably the only person on the team where every single minus he has he was the direct reason the goal against happened.
Hmm, I used to feel that way about Emelin. Then he got hurt and his absence was visible.

dcyhabs is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 02:20 PM
  #972
boynickname
Registered User
 
boynickname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
I'm just wondering what you guys think about Sylvain Lefebvre coaching??? ...I don't read anything good or bad about what he is doing down on the farm...Could he be NHL caliber coach?

Also would Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development maybe some day want to coach???...I sure like him as a player

boynickname is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 02:24 PM
  #973
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,757
vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
I'm just wondering what you guys think about Sylvain Lefebvre coaching??? ...I don't read anything good or bad about what he is doing down on the farm...Could he be NHL caliber coach?

Also would Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development maybe some day want to coach???...I sure like him as a player
It's mostly bad stuff about him

thaivuN is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 02:34 PM
  #974
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
I'm just wondering what you guys think about Sylvain Lefebvre coaching??? ...I don't read anything good or bad about what he is doing down on the farm...Could he be NHL caliber coach?

Also would Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development maybe some day want to coach???...I sure like him as a player
He makes Therrien look like a coaching genius.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
11-18-2013, 02:50 PM
  #975
boynickname
Registered User
 
boynickname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He makes Therrien look like a coaching genius.
Wow that bad

I wonder why MB didn't hire a coach with junior experience....someone we could groom to be the next habs coach

I really don't like it when they hire guys that played in the NHL but have no real experience coaching

The best system I think is to hire a coach that has paid his dues as a junior coach and give him a few years at the AHL...just the same way you do it with players.

Why a GM could over look this process is too stupid in my mind

boynickname is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.