HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 05:31 PM
  #51
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i heard somewhere that edmonton confirmed talks with nashville about weber...
I haven't heard that, Jim Matheson recently wrote an article about Weber speculating that is the high end defenseman the Oilers are targeting but it read more like baseless speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse
eberle, hall, 2014 1st round pick for weber , hornqvist
I really can't see us putting Hall and Eberle both in any deal, we have some excess offensive talent we can part with, but we don't want to gut the core of our team. Hornqvist could play on our team, but he's not someone that we really want you are better off keeping him as I don't want to pay full value for him.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #52
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I haven't heard that, Jim Matheson recently wrote an article about Weber speculating that is the high end defenseman the Oilers are targeting but it read more like baseless speculation.

I really can't see us putting Hall and Eberle both in any deal, we have some excess offensive talent we can part with, but we don't want to gut the core of our team. Hornqvist could play on our team, but he's not someone that we really want you are better off keeping him as I don't want to pay full value for him.
Why is that?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
  #53
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i heard somewhere that edmonton confirmed talks with nashville about weber...
Interesting. What is the source though?

What about Hall, Eberle and Petry for Weber, Wilson?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:46 PM
  #54
FightingIrish17
Registered User
 
FightingIrish17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oil and Conservatism
Country: Canada
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
To NSH:
Nail Yakupov
2014 1st
2015 1st
Oscar Klefbom

To EDM:
Shea Webber
Paul Gaustad (50% salary retained)

Maybe Nashville adds something small like a pick/prospect or a 3rd/4th line winger. Edmonton gets their stud D and an excellent bottom 6 centre and Nashville gets an elite talented sniper, a blue chip prospect, and 2 first round draft picks that could be a top 5 pick this year and increases their chances for Connor McDavid. Nashville can rebuild while still contending and Edmonton can keep most of their core and finally make a playoff push.

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:47 PM
  #55
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Why is that?
1. We are looking to add more size to our wingers and Hornqvist doesn't bring that.
2. We have 5 wingers we are comfortable with playing in our top 6: Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Perron, and Hemsky.
3. Arcobello has played well for us when put in a top 6 role and there is talk Gagner might be better served playing as a winger, especially since he's not very good in the faceoff dot. (if he shifted to wing I think his preference is the right side)
4. If you look at the make-up of our roster we have better depth on the RW position which is where Hornqvist also plays if I'm not mistaken.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:52 PM
  #56
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish17 View Post
To NSH:
Nail Yakupov
2014 1st
2015 1st
Oscar Klefbom

To EDM:
Shea Webber
Paul Gaustad (50% salary retained)

Maybe Nashville adds something small like a pick/prospect or a 3rd/4th line winger. Edmonton gets their stud D and an excellent bottom 6 centre and Nashville gets an elite talented sniper, a blue chip prospect, and 2 first round draft picks that could be a top 5 pick this year and increases their chances for Connor McDavid. Nashville can rebuild while still contending and Edmonton can keep most of their core and finally make a playoff push.
I don't think we could do this from a salary perspective and I think Nashville is a little sick of Russians at the moment due to recent bad experiences.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:54 PM
  #57
FightingIrish17
Registered User
 
FightingIrish17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oil and Conservatism
Country: Canada
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
EDM could add a cap dump like Nick Schultz, and I understand your point however is the value there? Cause I cant see Oiler managment offering more.

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
  #58
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
any deal with weber to edmonton i could almost guarantee would involve 2 of eberle, hall, rnh, yakupov.. + a defenseman/prospects and 1st.. poiles price would be tremendous .. even greater than before after already paying such a great amount of the contract. Edmonton probably doesn't budge. they continue to suck and Nashville continues to have zero first line forwards.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
  #59
FightingIrish17
Registered User
 
FightingIrish17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oil and Conservatism
Country: Canada
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
any deal with weber to edmonton i could almost guarantee would involve 2 of eberle, hall, rnh, yakupov.. + a defenseman/prospects and 1st.. poiles price would be tremendous .. even greater than before after already paying such a great amount of the contract. Edmonton probably doesn't budge. they continue to suck and Nashville continues to have zero first line forwards.
There's a zero chance MacT moves 2 of the big 4 so if there's a deal to be done Nashville would have to lower their price or take a deal involiving one of the kids + a huge package (ex. gagner, blue chip propects, draft picks etc).

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:12 PM
  #60
titsuple
Registered User
 
titsuple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
eberle
hemsky
klefbom
2014 1st
2015 1st

for

weber
2014 2nd

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:20 PM
  #61
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish17 View Post
There's a zero chance MacT moves 2 of the big 4 so if there's a deal to be done Nashville would have to lower their price or take a deal involiving one of the kids + a huge package (ex. gagner, blue chip propects, draft picks etc).
id be okay with rnh/eberle/hall +++ package but don't think poile would. poile would have to be the clear winner or the amount of scrutiny he would receive after signing offer sheet would be ridiculous. he would be canned so quick. and the thing people are forgetting is preds would have already paid more than a 1/3 of the contract by start of next season cause of bonuses. i wouldnt be surprised if edmonton submitted a crazy offer.. teams go through tough seasons but its obvious their current model isn't working.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:24 PM
  #62
FightingIrish17
Registered User
 
FightingIrish17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oil and Conservatism
Country: Canada
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
id be okay with rnh/eberle/hall +++ package but don't think poile would. poile would have to be the clear winner or the amount of scrutiny he would receive after signing offer sheet would be ridiculous. he would be canned so quick. and the thing people are forgetting is preds would have already paid more than a 1/3 of the contract by start of next season cause of bonuses. i wouldnt be surprised if edmonton submitted a crazy offer.. teams go through tough seasons but its obvious their current model isn't working.
That's fair enough however I can only see Yakupov being traded of the kids because managment sees RNH/Hall/Eberle way too high. I think the value is there though. I think the big question for the Oilers is do you trade a young star + propects + draft picks for Shea Webber or do you use your draft pick and hope you get your franchaise D in Ekblad while keeping your entire core?

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:52 PM
  #63
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,148
vCash: 500
Eberle, 1st in 2014, Gagner and J. Schultz for Weber and something to make the cap work. I think that getting a top line winger who can create offense alone or with linemates, a good offensive 2nd line center who can bump up to play top line, a good young defenseman, and our first this year, that will probably be high even with Weber because we have started so poorly, would be a fair package. I wouldn't offer that much for any other d-man in the league except maybe Suter, but Weber is balanced enough that I would make that deal.

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Perron - Arcobello - Hemsky
Joensuu - Gordon - Pitlick
Smyth - Acton - Gazdic

Weber - Petry
Ference - Belov
N. Schultz - Larsen/Potter

Still not a world beating team, and it really takes away from our forward depth, but adds the biggest piece we need.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
  #64
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish17 View Post
To NSH:
Nail Yakupov
2014 1st
2015 1st
Oscar Klefbom

To EDM:
Shea Webber
Paul Gaustad (50% salary retained)

Maybe Nashville adds something small like a pick/prospect or a 3rd/4th line winger. Edmonton gets their stud D and an excellent bottom 6 centre and Nashville gets an elite talented sniper, a blue chip prospect, and 2 first round draft picks that could be a top 5 pick this year and increases their chances for Connor McDavid. Nashville can rebuild while still contending and Edmonton can keep most of their core and finally make a playoff push.
Frigin terrible.Change Yak to RNH .Drop your 2015 pick and you have a deal

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM
  #65
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
eberle, gagner, nurse/klefbom, schultz, 1st, for weber. no additions.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM
  #66
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
Edmonton fans need to stop offering Eberle instead of the 1st overalls. Weber is one of the best (top 3) defenders in the world... you wont get him for a dangler who is good (not amazing) + picks.

Like i said before, they would want one of Hall or RNH and a small plus (like 2 picks). Or Yak + Nurse + Klefbom + picks.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
  #67
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Need a lot more from EDM, I want one of the big 4. Weber is locked in on a contract that will keep him with a team almost to the end of his career.
Had he edited the post? Because I see two of the big 5 there... Still though, I understand it'd be tough for Nashville to do this, but way more? Trades like that just don't happen. I think if Weber was traded, it'd be for far less than the Hall + Eberle + that people seem to expect.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:06 PM
  #68
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Edmonton fans need to stop offering Eberle instead of the 1st overalls. Weber is one of the best (top 3) defenders in the world... you wont get him for a dangler who is good (not amazing) + picks.

Like i said before, they would want one of Hall or RNH and a small plus (like 2 picks). Or Yak + Nurse + Klefbom + picks.
The problem with this, is that Hall and RNH are worth more to Edmonton than Nashville, they will never agree on values. Edmonton would see it as a pretty close proposal as a 1 for 1, Nashville would want way, way more, so we offer Eberle, knowing that his value is a bit lower, but also knowing that our managment is more likely to offer Eberle in a package with other incentives to try to get the deal done.

You refer to "the first overalls", but I'm sure Edmonton would be willing to include Yakupov instead of Eberle, but I think for multiple reasons, that wouldn't work for Nashville. We are willing to move one of our first overalls - Yakupov.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
  #69
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Had he edited the post? Because I see two of the big 5 there... Still though, I understand it'd be tough for Nashville to do this, but way more? Trades like that just don't happen. I think if Weber was traded, it'd be for far less than the Hall + Eberle + that people seem to expect.
We've got no reason to trade Weber, if nobody ponies up and offers an extreme overpayment we'll be happy to have him for the remainder of his career.

Defenseman like him are rare, and all 30 teams would love a guy that can play 30 minutes a night in all situations we shouldn't lower our price on him just because our team isn't the best right now, or because it's too much to ask for. There's a reason for that.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM
  #70
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
We've got no reason to trade Weber, if nobody ponies up and offers an extreme overpayment we'll be happy to have him for the remainder of his career.

Defenseman like him are rare, and all 30 teams would love a guy that can play 30 minutes a night in all situations we shouldn't lower our price on him just because our team isn't the best right now, or because it's too much to ask for. There's a reason for that.
Oh I get that he's off the table. I'm just talking about what would be a realistic trade, were it to happen, but perhaps "realistic" and a "Weber trade" are mutually exclusive. If I were in your boat, I'd be asking the world. In fact, I am in your boat, when people think they can get Subban for a bargain. Don't trade him, is my advice. Having three top pairing d-men is NEVER bad.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
  #71
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Oh I get that he's off the table. I'm just talking about what would be a realistic trade, were it to happen, but perhaps "realistic" and a "Weber trade" are mutually exclusive. If I were in your boat, I'd be asking the world. In fact, I am in your boat, when people think they can get Subban for a bargain. Don't trade him, is my advice. Having three top pairing d-men is NEVER bad.
Whenever a big star gets traded the return is usually underwhelming so you do have a point.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:39 PM
  #72
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Whenever a big star gets traded the return is usually underwhelming so you do have a point.
Yeah, that's my only point. Perhaps I should have mentioned that unless Nashville makes him publicly available, it'll take an egregious overpayment. Similarly, if MTL put Subban on the market, I think I'd be seriously disappointed with the return. But if someone came up with an insane overpayment, it'd get me thinking, no doubt, despite the fact that Subban is my favourite player in the league. I'd expect no less for Nashville fans and Weber, despite some people thinking they can get him for a bargain.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 09:57 PM
  #73
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
i'd be very surprised if we took a deal with Yak involved.

Nashville dislikes russians quite a bit. (i wanted nischushkin in the draft but seeing as he's russian i knew that was not gonna happen)

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:26 PM
  #74
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
any deal with weber to edmonton i could almost guarantee would involve 2 of eberle, hall, rnh, yakupov.. + a defenseman/prospects and 1st.. poiles price would be tremendous .. even greater than before after already paying such a great amount of the contract. Edmonton probably doesn't budge. they continue to suck and Nashville continues to have zero first line forwards.
I don't think you'll get quite that much. I could easily see one of the top 4 (Hall, Eberle, RNH (can't see him being moved) and Yak (don't see Nashville going after him due to their past experience with Radulov - not saying it's relevant, but can see Nashville specifically having concerns about this). Edmonton's 1st (some protection of it being the 1st OVA pick), and a top D prospect being the main parts of the deal.

Eberle, Nurse/Klefbom, 1st, perhaps a roster D - both for salary and a body for Nashville.

For Weber.

I think Edmonton still needs to add a bit so some tweaking, but something along these lines.

__________________
"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
  #75
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Frigin terrible.Change Yak to RNH .Drop your 2015 pick and you have a deal
There's zero chance RNH is moved. Gagner can play wing (if Edmonton ever manages to get a proper #2 center). But RNH is really the only true chance Edmonton has at a #1C. He's not there yet, but has that potential.

It'll be Hall or Ebs. I don't see Yak going to Nashville due to their past experience with Radulov. Not that I think that there's any risk of him going to the KHL... just that I could see Nashville being leery of this - at least until he's locked up longer than his ELC.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.