HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Score - Shawn Matthias on trade block. Canucks interested?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2013, 05:11 PM
  #76
Cool Hand Goof*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
lol a panther is looked to be moved

canucks interested

what a surprise

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
  #77
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,465
vCash: 500
I'd like the Pens to be in on this guy. Always been a fan of his.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
  #78
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen
 
iFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
If we move Mattias it should definitely be for a d-man. Tanev could be a good 1 for 1 trade.

Love Mattias but he's being under used here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
I'll respond to you even though there were a bunch of people before you who replied the exact same thing.

I'm a Tanev fan, don't believe me then look at my posts. I have a real big problem with people putting him in trade proposals for junk....hence why I mentioned just waiving him if you don't understand his value.

He's easily the best skater on the backend, 2nd best in one on one (maybe even first with his mobility) situations next to only Hamhuis, and is quite good with the puck.

But here is the problem. Vancouver has too much MONEY tied up to the backend, and needs help upfront. Tanev doesn't have much value league wide, especially nothing close to his level of play, and he's on a cheap contract. So why are people so eager to throw him into trade proposals for pieces that don't even help this team upfront? The only thing you can do is continue to grow Tanev's value then sell him, or try and trade one of the big money guys on the back end.
And who will waive? Garrison and Hamhuis will not waive... They want to be close to home, Bieksa lives in Van year around and won't waive, I doubt Edler waives and you don't move Edler to keep Tanev. It's nice to say just trade one of them but NTC make a no go

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
  #79
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING
 
Hansen 36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,193
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Canuck fans are forever sticking Tanev in the trade proposals so finally one guy says just stick the clown on waivers and get it over with if you dont want him that bad.

I never include Tanev in my proposals if I can help it. I stick Gaunce and Jensen in.
This explains a lot :

Hansen 36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
  #80
GernBlanston
Registered User
 
GernBlanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Smyrna, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Matthias on the Penguins would really beef up our third line which is severely lacking everything he brings.

Given their firesale...what is Florida looking to get back?
Negative. This is NOT a fire sale. Repeat. NOT a fire sale. Read some previous responses. We are in no hurry to move this kid.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
  #81
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,919
vCash: 500
you guys said you needed D right? you can have Ranger, not even talking about in a trade you can HAVE Ranger, . Conside it an early christmas gift

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
  #82
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon
 
EnforceTheLaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
lol a panther is looked to be moved

canucks interested

what a surprise
It's a yearly tradition!

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:19 PM
  #83
Kellyr
Registered User
 
Kellyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Matthias+3rd for Tanev

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  #84
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
Negative. This is NOT a fire sale. Repeat. NOT a fire sale. Read some previous responses. We are in no hurry to move this kid.
When your GM says every one but 5 players is available, it's as much as a fire sale as you're going to find.

The Panthers handed out some deals that the average fan knew were stupid. They have a long alway to go. GM knows this.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
  #85
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
What would Florida be looking for? Oilers should be interested. Probably aren't, but they should be.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:29 PM
  #86
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon
 
EnforceTheLaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
When your GM says every one but 5 players is available, it's as much as a fire sale as you're going to find.

The Panthers handed out some deals that the average fan knew were stupid. They have a long alway to go. GM knows this.
Not quite. Cross that with other Tallon "insider" quotes that he is looking for a retool right now. There is a difference in selling everyone and being open to moving most to collect a few pieces. Not everyone will be moved, Tallon is willing to make changed to the roster and to do so he is open to offers on all but a select few.


And no not a long way to go in the rebuild. We are overflowing with prospects at the pro level. Now we need to gain the complimentary peices to close the deal.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:29 PM
  #87
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter
 
PuqTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
I know its eklund but he is reporting florida and sens are in talk for a 2 for 2 deal.
This is the single, most irritating phrase on these forums. You either value his opinion and want to post it, or you don't and you won't. It's that simple.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
  #88
14s incisor
Registered User
 
14s incisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
I'll respond to you even though there were a bunch of people before you who replied the exact same thing.

I'm a Tanev fan, don't believe me then look at my posts. I have a real big problem with people putting him in trade proposals for junk....hence why I mentioned just waiving him if you don't understand his value.

He's easily the best skater on the backend, 2nd best in one on one (maybe even first with his mobility) situations next to only Hamhuis, and is quite good with the puck.

But here is the problem. Vancouver has too much MONEY tied up to the backend, and needs help upfront. Tanev doesn't have much value league wide, especially nothing close to his level of play, and he's on a cheap contract. So why are people so eager to throw him into trade proposals for pieces that don't even help this team upfront? The only thing you can do is continue to grow Tanev's value then sell him, or try and trade one of the big money guys on the back end.
Fair enough, but your post is very misleading.

Tanev is included in so many proposals because he's the only D with value that doesn't have a NTC. Also, with his solid play, he's likely going to command a bigger contract this off season, which could pose difficulties for the Canucks.

And Matthias is far from junk. He's a good young player who will continue to improve, like Tanev. Gotta give up quality assets to get them in return.

I would argue that Tanev does hold some value league wide. He's building up a reputation as a steady D who can pick up decent assist totals.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
  #89
JackJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
This is the single, most irritating phrase on these forums. You either value his opinion and want to post it, or you don't and you won't. It's that simple.
because it's probably one of the million Eklund accounts he uses to post his rumours. Who else would follow that nonsense?

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
  #90
Lundface
Registered User
 
Lundface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
And who will waive? Garrison and Hamhuis will not waive... They want to be close to home, Bieksa lives in Van year around and won't waive, I doubt Edler waives and you don't move Edler to keep Tanev. It's nice to say just trade one of them but NTC make a no go
And that's why you don't trade any of them at this point then. Tanev is far outplaying his contract and is only improving. Tossing him at this point makes no sense. You aren't getting a good offensive player and you aren't shedding salary.

Unless you can get a very good return off him right now, trading him should be on no one's mind. We're trading a 23 year old player on our shutdown pair, who is continually improving, for Shawn ****ing Matthias? He's not even an upgrade on Richardson at this point...if he can't be had for cheap Van doesn't need him.

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
  #91
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
26 this year ... Hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a mediocre bottom 6 forward (which we have like a billion of) ...

Pass

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
  #92
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,534
vCash: 50
I would do jensen for him.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
  #93
14s incisor
Registered User
 
14s incisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
I can't believe NONE of you Canucks fans didn't realize that poster was saying 'just waive Tanev' cause he is sick of seeing him in every trade proposal.

He doesn't actually think he should be waived.
Sarcasm isn't always easy to pick up on the internet.

And there's a very good reason Tanev is in most Canucks proposals that involve a D—he's the only on of value that doesn't have a NTC.


People putting him in proposals is not a slight on him.

Most Canucks fans are very high on Tanev, but Corrado is likely capable of taking his minutes, and the Canucks have holes up front and you have to give up quality assets to get them in return.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
  #94
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
lol a panther is looked to be moved

canucks interested

what a surprise
I hate getting fleeced by our farm team.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:39 PM
  #95
Lundface
Registered User
 
Lundface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
Fair enough, but your post is very misleading.

Tanev is included in so many proposals because he's the only D with value that doesn't have a NTC. Also, with his solid play, he's likely going to command a bigger contract this off season, which could pose difficulties for the Canucks.

And Matthias is far from junk. He's a good young player who will continue to improve, like Tanev. Gotta give up quality assets to get them in return.

I would argue that Tanev does hold some value league wide. He's building up a reputation as a steady D who can pick up decent assist totals.
Then you let him continue improving before dumping him. Again if you think a 3/4th line center is all Tanev commands, he isn't worth trading at all. Incase you haven't noticed he's on a shutdown pairing with Hamhuis. He is proving he can defend against anyone in this league, and has started to put up points as well without pp time.

You're overvaluing Matthias here and undervaluing Tanev. People take draft status way too seriously...if Tanev was a 1st rounder people would be begging for him. Let the kid continue to prove his worth before kicking him to the curb.

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
  #96
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Canuck fans are forever sticking Tanev in the trade proposals so finally one guy says just stick the clown on waivers and get it over with if you dont want him that bad.

I never include Tanev in my proposals if I can help it. I stick Gaunce and Jensen in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
I can't believe NONE of you Canucks fans didn't realize that poster was saying 'just waive Tanev' cause he is sick of seeing him in every trade proposal.

He doesn't actually think he should be waived.
What part of my post did you not get ?

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
  #97
FazChenyuk
Registered User
 
FazChenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
If habs would be interested what would panthers fans want from our team?

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
  #98
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,919
vCash: 500
what would he cost the Leafs? with Bozak and Kadri coming back he might not be NEEDED at C but I don't the Kulemin will be around afterafter this year and Shawn Matthiascould be a solid replacement. OR he could be a replacement for Bolland if we don't sign him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
  #99
Cool Hand Goof*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
It's a yearly tradition!
loooll

neither franchise ever wins

we get ballard , ballard gets benched and put in the press box , you gets let grabner walk and he turns it on in NY

we trade samuelson and sturm for booth , booth is terrible ,panthers dont have sammy or sturm


no one wins in a canucks panthers trade anymore

no one

lets just avoid it

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
  #100
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
This explains a lot :
Yes. I know. Therefore , your post makes no sense

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.